Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy tech demo for PlayStation 3

What I find a little suspicious about that article (view it here) is that the author doesn't clarify who the key statement came from:

As a result, provided fan reaction continues to be feverishly positive over the demo, and the very notion of a FFVII remake is certainly something Square Enix would bear in mind when planning future projects.
    It's quite a different story if this is a conclusion that the author of the article has come to based on the conversation Gamespot had with the Square-Enix representatives from what it would be if it's something that they actually said.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

i think it would be better for the sake of FF, FF7, and Square enix if FF7 is remade no more poxy sequels/prequels

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Oh, well, in that case, I hope they do remake it. I'll buy it no matter what. If it looks like Xenosaga (99% watching movies for hours, 1% gaming) and it's really long, I'll buy it. I'll buy it even if it's just a re-release, just in case my other copy stops working.

They have to let you rename characters, though. I'll still buy it if you can't, though.

EDIT: That's a good point, SoS. I see what you mean. Did it come from the Square rep or themselves?

I'm gonna make the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    I'm gonna make the damn thing.
    hahahaha right... i wish they would hurry up and make it though... and shouldn't they know that sequels are a bad thing?? Bad square enix! bad! *pokes them with a stick*
    What's a jellicle cat?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

They know that, no matter what they do, fans will not be happy. If it'd been a remake instead of Advent Children, people'd be like "remakes are bad! We shoulda had sequels like stupid FFX!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    They know that, no matter what they do, fans will not be happy. If it'd been a remake instead of Advent Children, people'd be like "remakes are bad! We shoulda had sequels like stupid FFX!"
    I think majority people who played VII are happy with the ammount of sequels and prequels. AC in particular. Sorry if I missed something since I havent been keeping track of the thread.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Actually the majority of the people who've been vocal (not in this thread, in pretty much all the threads since AC was announced) on the subject have bitched about how Square has sold out, and how they only want our money, and all that. Search back through the AC and DoC forums to get an idea of it.

Actually the majority of the people who've been vocal (not in this thread, in pretty much all the threads since AC was announced) on the subject have bitched about how Square has sold out, and how they only want our money, and all that. Search back through the AC and DoC forums to get an idea of it.
    I can remember alot more OMG I WANT THIS SO BADLY and I AM SOOO GETTING THE SPECIAL EDDITION posts than the occasional rant about how Enix ruined Square or Square is milking VII. I think those type of posts just stick out more.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Make your own judgement on the issue, but I've seen far more bitching, especially as more of the compilation is announced. Everytime a new game is out, more people bitch.

However, that is not the point. My point remains that Square knows that, no matter what they do, the fans will bitch about it. They'll still buy it, but they'll bitch regardless. If they get remakes, they want sequels. If they get sequels, they want remakes. That's how it works. They'll buy them all, but they'll bitch all the while.

It's always been my opinion that fans who bitch about the franchises they love because they think they've been ruined with sequels or remakes, those people aren't real fans to begin and should just shut the hell up.

Of course, it's different with George Lucas. He totally butchered the Star Wars experience that all fans were meant to enjoy. He's just a screw-up in his old age. Of course, he'll probably just blame it all on some dumb intern, but we know the truth.

I'd be fine whether or not they made a remake or a 50th sequel. If they don't make the remake though, I'm definitely going to make it myself when I'm rich enough. I'll also assassinate all the people who were foolish enough to doubt my power.

Just to make it clear, don't worry; I'm not one who is bitching. If the gamespot article is true, and there is possibility of there being a remake, then cool. I'll buy it. If not, hey, all the sequels and prequels are enough. I say, "Hey Square! These look so cool! Why didn't you do this sooner???" I'm a little perturbed about things like, FFVII BC being released on some cell phone only sold in Japan, but I say "Oh well." There are two movies and two games we still will have easier access to in the states, so let's be happy; remake or no remake. Oh, and Square has a 20 year history of releasing really good games (although, we'll see with the movies), so I wouldn't worry about the games stinking.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Well said, both of you.

Square knows that, no matter what they do, the fans will bitch about it.
    Thats what loyal fans are all about.