Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 revealed

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

my question... will Sony learn from their mistake and include antilasing as one of the features? (or whatever its called XD)

Of course that may be an old idea now... so whatever... they better have filters or something.... Iono.
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 05-18-2005 at 01:19 AM.
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Yes, Tidus Andronicus, they're going to have good graphics this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gullwing
    Jeez, you're really into playing japanese games.
    Yes.... yes I am... they should just have it could out pre-modded! Stupid American bussiness people only want Americans to use American things... grrr...
    I think that's probably so people don't rush out and get the Japanese one at release, because if it could play american games anyway it'd screw up the american profits. But look at the brightside, if you're dead set on playing Japanese games, you can import a Japanese one and have that modded after the american one comes out.

well, i knew that XD I was just thinking about if they'll do something about jaggy edges... though I am sure they will. XD

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

If you've seen any of the trailers, I don't think you can honestly worry about graphics. Killzone 2 looks absolutely incredible, but it's very, very hard to believe it's completely in-game.

yea, lol I dont know if it is in game! but I want to beleive! lol

I would say that the explosions in that trailer DID match the graphics demos they showed at E3, so it would seem like they are legit graphics.

It appears that Sony is emulating Microsoft in focusing more on the consoles possibilities as an entertainment hub.
    Actually, Sony's been planning that for their PS3 for a lot longer than Microsoft has been planning Xbox 360... so it would appear that MS is trying to emulate... xD
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 05-18-2005 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane
    I think that's probably so people don't rush out and get the Japanese one at release, because if it could play american games anyway it'd screw up the american profits. But look at the brightside, if you're dead set on playing Japanese games, you can import a Japanese one and have that modded after the american one comes out.
    Oh, I know WHY they do it, it's just annoying is all. I'll probably just get an American ps3 and mod it, a Japanese one will cost so much more then an American one, as Japanese prices are VERY high compared to over here. I wish they'd at least have games come with japanese options, they may have to add an extra disc to the releases, but it'd be nice. Or they could just release an english and then after awhile release a japanese version, it would sell, and the people not willing to wait for the japanese with subtitles would buy the english, it works out for everyone! (I wish...) I'm still modding my ps3 though.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus Andronicus
    yea, lol I dont know if it is in game! but I want to beleive! lol

I would say that the explosions in that trailer DID match the graphics demos they showed at E3, so it would seem like they are legit graphics.

It appears that Sony is emulating Microsoft in focusing more on the consoles possibilities as an entertainment hub.
    Actually, Sony's been planning that for their PS3 for a lot longer than Microsoft has been planning Xbox 360... so it would appear that MS is trying to emulate... xD
    Actually, Xbox took the first steps toward a media center idea. Xbox 360 expanded upon those, and Sony implemented them as well.

meh, I remember a long time ago hearing about PS3, WAY before I ever heard anything about the next xbox... Xbox 1 isn't much of a media center if you ask me...

but whatever... I'm just trying to remember

btw, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3 has more info than I ever needed. XD thanks for posting it here! lol

Oh yea! Has anyone else seen the tec demo of the PS3's voice and video recognition? They actually had characters in game respond to when you are in the eyetoything's vision, and then you can talk to them, and it seems extreamly intellegent!
    Its almost like the next step to that japanese N.U.D.E. game! ^_^;
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 05-18-2005 at 05:25 AM.

I don't think that Killzone is pre-rendered. If you look carefuly there are some cases of pop-up and the lagging sound.
    Word/s.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Wow. I'm buying one as soon as FFXIII comes out.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

The bes time to sell your PS2 would be now as you will get peanuts for it once PS3 comes out.

there was a picture here

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yeah...cause having a PS2 will be pointless with the backwards compatability.

But eh, I'll keep mine because I'm just ghey like that.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Backward compatibility is great.

http://ps3.ign.com/e3/2005/games/

Check this out if you have some time:
    http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748484.html

Eyedentify!
    Its a new EyeToy game for the PS3 that will have voice recognition, and face recognition! Watch the video! ^_^
    Sounds neat! and from what the video shows, it will be pretty smart as far as voice input commands will go. lol It even shows the player laughing with the characters, so I'm not sure how it works, but cool! XD
    I really want this one!

Me thinks you can get it in 3 different colours

I think I will get the silver one though.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619p1.html