Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 revealed

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

As long as certain games do not require the harddrive exclusively. If games exclusively required the harddrive, and the harddrive did not come standard, Sony and other game developers would be shooting themselves in the feet. Having games rely 100% on an optional peripheral is bad marketing and often results (as it has so many times in the past) in reduced sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    No one cares about stupid High Definition.
    i know, seriously. saying the xbox 360 is pulling ahead of the PS3 and the Revolution because it supports High Definition is one of the most retarded things ive ever heard. no one cares about your damn 5.1 surround crap, or your high definition either. the games are and have always been the only thing that matters. that being said, halo sucks.

i know, seriously. saying the xbox 360 is pulling ahead of the PS3 and the Revolution because it supports High Definition is one of the most retarded things ive ever heard. no one cares about your damn 5.1 surround crap, or your high definition either. the games are and have always been the only thing that matters. that being said, halo sucks.
    look...im a big time sony fan, and i think halo is highly over raited but its the best game the system has...i'v played halo2 and its fun on 2 player maches, but i agree that there are lost of better games. so lets cut xbox some slack...we dont want them to feel like their in the stone age.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    no one cares about your damn 5.1 surround crap, or your high definition either.
    By 'no one' you mean yourself and a few others. Again, once you see HD or hear good 5.1, you realize what you are missing.

Riiigghhtt? I built my whole room around my Xbox, so you can say whatever you want. And besides the FF series Halo is one of the most addicting games I've ever played. I am a huge sony fan but i believe that microsoft is just doing a better job.
    The Last Spartan!!!

Gamertag=Battousai62

Blog Entries

o_O I personally don't think that Surround Sound or High Definition is very important in a Video Game. But, I would assume that it is a very nice feature. ^_^

Indeed!
    The Last Spartan!!!

Gamertag=Battousai62

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    o_O I personally don't think that Surround Sound or High Definition is very important in a Video Game. But, I would assume that it is a very nice feature. ^_^

exactly. thats my point. sure its nice, but saying "O WOW TEH XBOX IS THE BEST CONSOLE BECAUSE OF 5.1 AND HIGH DEFINITION" is just flat out dumb, especially since the 360 isnt looking to impressive in terms of, well, anything else.

Well that why teh xbox got my money. Theres nothing like the sound of rockets exploding behind you, and being able to snipe people from long distances simply beacuse you can see them better.
    The Last Spartan!!!

Gamertag=Battousai62

Blog Entries

Well, I suppose you have your opinion. But, I still think that High Definition isn't all that important.

No not to a fundamental gamist its prob not. But they are cool enough for me to drop teh money on a high def tv and surrond sound sysytem,(and i am a poor college student). Just wait till you guys see a FF CG in high def and surround sound. Especially when teh PS3 comes out, that is something I am looking forward too.
    Besides what the point of the next gen consoles being super computers if your tv cant take full advantage of it?
    The Last Spartan!!!

Gamertag=Battousai62

Blog Entries

Well, I have never seen a High Definition TV, So I can't really say much.

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

It looks like a breadbin! I'm still going to buy one though

Ya man you can't Really appreciate great graphics till youve seen them on an HDTV. It rocks.
    The Last Spartan!!!

Gamertag=Battousai62

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

"Kutaragi also stated that he prepared three PS3 mock-ups for E3 in silver, white, and black. He settled on the silver one, after gathering a consensus from a variety of different developers and distributors."
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06...s_6127799.html

awwww, crap... does that mean that we wont be able to buy the cool shinny black one?!?!? T_T
    I still hope they release all the colors... Black was more popular than the silver... and if Gamecube can have multiple case colors... why can't PS3?

QUICKLY! Everyone! Send letters and emails to Sony if you want a color other than Silver! Or even send them if you think people should get the choice, like with gamecube... Let Sony know that it is good for more sales if they give us color choice!!
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun