Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XI to be released on the X-Box 360

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Final Fantasy XI to be released on the X-Box 360

Sorry if this has already been reported on (I just searched for 'box' on the forum's index page), but...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05...s_6124746.html
    http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=2224
    http://xbox.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=4783
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Oh great, now all the X-Boxers are going to ruin it and be like this isn't Halo 2. (No offense if you play X-Box it's just that most people near were I live at least are just obsessed with Halo2 and have no life outside the game.) Besides FFXI is still better on the computer by far.

Visit My Home page by clicking on my sig.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Dude, chill. If there's one thing real gamers hate to see, it's system contempt. You've got to be above partisan ideas in order to truly reach gaming nirvana.

And I think it's a great thing. It should increase FFXI's lifespan somewhat. That means the game won't be dead by the time I reach 75.

And I am taking a pretty long time to reach 75. But that's probably due to the fact that I'm making the big bucks at 37. I'm going to try to get clothcraft and woodworking into the 60s before moving on.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

I think this rocks- FFXI could always use more players and the xbox lacks any really outstanding online RPGs (yes, that's right I hate Phantasy Star). The only problem could be interaction between pc players and Xbox 360 players, I havent heard any plans for a keyboard release but I guess its really early days yet!
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

All the X-Box 360 will have to do is be compatible with USB keyboards. Seeing as Microsoft specializes in computers, I don't think that'll be much of a problem.

I don't see why there's any reason to complain. People aren't such horrible idiots that just because it's coming out X-Box 360 they'd expect it to be anything like Halo 2. Two completely different genres, you'd have to be a major bonehead to get that mixed up.

Though I can't say the huge influx of newbies will be a good thing. I'll keep in mind to steer clear of Valkurm and Qufim when it comes out on the X-Box 360.

Yes we could definatly use more people, but it would be impossible for you to understand why I have such a prejudice against X-Box players unless you lived in Brookfield, Connecticut and went to BHS.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I bet the chief complaint of xbox360 players will be that there's no voice support. Either that or the fact that you don't play it through xbox live. I don't think the maturity level will drop any as a result though. Well... Not unless they DO implement voice chat. Then you can expect /shouts of "dude I'm soooo high right now".

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Well... Not unless they DO implement voice chat. Then you can expect /shouts of "dude I'm soooo high right now".
    Ugh... brings back memories of Xbox PSO. Yeah, I'd have to agree voice chat in an MMORPG isn't the best idea out there.

dud ir so hi rite now!!111 plz plz pwr lv me and giv gilzzzz!111111 im gonna be drk/whm111
    Not ALL White Mages are girls!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphier

Though I can't say the huge influx of newbies will be a good thing. I'll keep in mind to steer clear of Valkurm and Qufim when it comes out on the X-Box 360.
    Newbies are people too.

If another expansion comes out around the X-box 360's Versions launch, that's when I'll get excited.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw
    Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Well... Not unless they DO implement voice chat. Then you can expect /shouts of "dude I'm soooo high right now".
    Ugh... brings back memories of Xbox PSO. Yeah, I'd have to agree voice chat in an MMORPG isn't the best idea out there.
    It seems to be working well for WoW. It definitely takes less time to say something than it does to type it. Telling your party things like "NO! DON'T PULL THE MOB YET! I ONLY HAVE 6 MP LEFT!" would probably be heard sooner.

True but it wouldn't be worth the annoyance of having ppl screaming all the time.

Xbox ORNY!! O_o..

No seroiusly i think its fine, just the bad newbs will leave and the good will stay. Welcome Xbox players!

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I wasn't aware that WoW had voice chat until a few days ago when I saw the hilarious Leeroy Jenkins video. By the way, I recommend that video to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Funny as hell.

After watching it, I'd have to change my opinion on voice chat in MMORPGs. It would be very effective in group situations, especially for pulling and links, but what's probably the downside is high traffic cities. A good solution to that problem (don't know if WoW implements this) would be to have voice chat channels that you could turn on and off such as shout and the various types of group/guild/say chats.

Of course the downside to that is that most people would use the voice chat to communicate, so by turning off the voice chat due to headache preventions in cities, you'd also miss out on the more credible messages, provided they come up at all in such a hectic environment. Then again I don't see this problem happening unless the MMORPG pulls a pre-frontiers EQOA where you need to communicate a message to people before you can group with them.

So yeah, now that I've seen in in action, if it's done right, it might be a good idea.