Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii (codename Revolution) revealed

Articles

To be honest, I wouldn't be upset if games never get better looking than they are now. I don't mind it either way, but this new console technological capacity only means a combination of substantially bigger production costs for developers, in order to make a game that will take a substantially longer time to develop, and cost the consumer more money. I'll also mention that as technology gets better, it becomes harder for a wannabe game designer to "learn the trade" and get to the point where he can develop a game that has the potential to be commercially successful (read: less opportunity for young development teams with fresh ideas to get into the biz)

I couldn't care less whether the Revolution is any more powerful than the current Xbox; I'm content with the visual aspect of the current generation games. My only concern is with whether those games are fun or not, and I feel Nintendo surpasses its competitors in bringing new ideas into the mix to try to make a better gaming experience for the player.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Revolution

And as usual, Wikipedia is a pretty up-to-date source to check.

Some stuff from Wikipedia if you have a stupid modem or are just lazy.

The Controller
    "Revolution's largest innovation is speculated to be incorporated in the next controller. There is a rumor from a magazine in Japan called "The Diamond Weekly" that the new console's controllers will not have the traditional A / B buttons or the d-pad, which have been present since the NES era in the early 1980s. Controllers will be wireless and consoles will be able to support up to seven controllers. It is also worth noting that Nintendo has, since 2001, invested a great deal of money and resources into the company Gyration, which focuses on creating controllers for the PC using gyroscopes. Nintendo has previously included motion-sensors in the game cartridges for titles in the Wario Ware and Kirby franchises.

Another theory is that the controller of the Revolution will be touch sensitive, in similar fashion to the Nintendo DS. In Issue #144 (April 2005) of Game Informer, there was a brief confirmation that the Revolution's controllers will indeed be touch screens. However the validity of this statement is yet to be proven."

Some Games:
    Metroid Prime 3
    Super Smash Brothers 3
    Untitled Mario Game
    Untitled Zelda Game

Some other stuff I'm even lazier to copy. Find it, you freeloaders!

The present generation consoles I own are Gamecube and PS2 and I think Ill buy the Revolution (in that kickass lime green) and the PS3 (in white).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I most definitely care about gameplay more than graphics. Even so, the sense of realism and awesomeness that graphics the PS3 will be able to utilize simply take some games to a level we've yet to reach. What I'm really worried about is Nintendo falling even further behind in the console race simply because they can't capture the mainstream crowd with their new system. They make games for all ages, but that apparently makes them a "kiddie" company, and while they deny this, they don't release many titles to counter the idea. Still, if the system remains fairly inexpensive, I, along with most of the people who love Nintendo for their incredible games, will buy a Revolution for the first party software. As long as they can stay alive and keep making games, so much the better. I'd just like to see them regain their former glory with a system that blow away the competition. An online Smash Bros. is something I've been waiting for since SSBM came out.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If Smash Bros. is online I may very well wet myself.

I can download old nintendo games?!!?

...Oh my god...

Blog Entries

Sounds great! ^_^

I hope I will be able to Download Majora's Mask...

They certainly took Backward Compatibilaty to a brand new level. I'm very excited about that!!!! Certainly something very unique that only they could do being in the business as long as they have. I can't wait to get some SuperNintendo games back!!

However . . . when the fanboys of Nintendo actually Boo the announcer because they don't even have the controller ready to show, that makes me sad.

Nintendos conference in comparision to XBox and Sony was less exciting but more sincere, it seemed. That's just me though.

I'm glad Nintendogs is coming though! Might get a DS for that! EEEEH!
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    I can download old nintendo games?!!?

...Oh my god...
    You said it brotha.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Old Nintendo games doesn't necessarily mean that every game for Nintendo's previous home consoles could be available. However, I'm looking forward to the Revolution, moreso than the other two consoles.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I shouldn't read these kind of threads because they just make me angry. :rolleyes2

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I heard all about this but it doesn't make a difference to me because they didn't show anything. We don't know what the system is capable of. We don't know what this revolutionary idea is. We don't know what the controller looks like or what it can do. We really know next to nothing outside of some basic stuff. I think the 512 internal Flash memory is kind of cool but I would much prefer a cheap 10 gig hard drive.

Well, that made my day.

Currently ranks #1 for me out of the three next-gen consoles, though there is still a lot to be seen. Hopefully E3 will end with a alot of questions answered.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I'm really hoping this 'revolution' idea is something that will truly revolutionize the gaming industry... I'm a bit nervous about it, but then again, Nintendo did come out with a lot of stuff that is pretty much standard in the industry now... stuff like the analog stick, shoulder buttons, and the rumble pak... hopefully this is gonna make just as big (or even bigger) of an impact.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**