Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii (codename Revolution) revealed

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

LOL, Microsoft was trying to buy Nintendo a little while ago... But durring the offer, the Microsoft reps made a comment between themselfs that was racially offensive to Japanese, cause they didn't think they'd understand english enough... and the Japanese Nintendo reps stood up and told them to go screw themselfs... or something along that like, that was cleverly a come back to whatever the MS guys said...
    Even so, Nintendo wasn't gonna sell Microsoft the company. XD
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus Andronicus
    LOL, Microsoft was trying to buy Nintendo a little while ago... But durring the offer, the Microsoft reps made a comment between themselfs that was racially offensive to Japanese, cause they didn't think they'd understand english enough... and the Japanese Nintendo reps stood up and told them to go screw themselfs... or something along that like, that was cleverly a come back to whatever the MS guys said...
    *adds Bill Gates.....to the list*

Microsoft thinks they can buy out anybody. Unfortunatly, they're very mistaken. Nintendo will never surrender to Microsoft.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

lolll

it looks like a sun ray

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    lolll

it looks like a sun ray
    what?

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus Andronicus
    Funny, though I heard about Microsoft attempting to purchase Nintendo, I did not hear that. Do you have a source of some sort?

Fun facts about Nintendo:

• Sold 8.5 million systems in Japan in 2004 - more than double that of Sony and Microsoft combined.

Sold 30.2 million systems in the U.S. in 2004 - compared to 24.4 million by Sony, and 9.3 by Microsoft.

Nintendo sells almost as many GBA's as the Sony sells Playstations.

Nintendo makes almost as much profit as all of Sony's divisions combined. Microsoft estimates they will break even in 2007 with their home entertainment division.

During the last fiscal year, Nintendo's shares went up 11.3%. Microsoft's went down 3%, and Sony's went down $2.1%.

Nintendo's last fiscal year ended with a net profit increase of 163%. They expect to bring in another 7.5 billion dollars in profit next fiscal year while Sony (all divisions) expects to bring in 8 billion.

Nintendo is behind Sony on big console sales by about 60 million unit sales. Microsoft is slightly ahead of the Gamecube in sales.

Nintendo dominates the gaming industry in hardware sales. They are 3rd in big console sales.

Nintendo is a best choice to invest money in.

Nintendo has no reason to stop manufacturing home consoles for at least another two generations after the upcoming one.

It's false to claim that Nintendo is having any financial troubles as their bottom line continues to rise. That being said, I hope Nintendo can get more 3rd party support for the Revolution so I don't have to purchase a PS3 to play certain franchises. Also, I hope the franchises I tend to spend money on do something different this time around. I am not sure if I can stomach another generic Final Fantasy game, or FPS.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage
    Funny, though I heard about Microsoft attempting to purchase Nintendo, I did not hear that. Do you have a source of some sort?
    My only source is word of mouth. I know a guy that had interviewed Nintendo reps, after they had turned down Microsoft, and they told him about it. lol I trust that he was telling the truth. But as far as I know, this detail wasn't published. xD
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    lolll

it looks like a sun ray
    what?

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Hehe, I've used one of those in one of the Unix labs on campus. They are pretty slow terminals...especially if everyone in the lab is using the system.

Blog Entries

Hmm...though the Revolution's backwards compatability is good, I hope that Games for the Revolution are good too.

Also, I hope the controller turns out well. I personally think that they should make certain buttons do different things depending on what system the game you are playing was originally on.

Edit: It looks more like a Digital Clock without a face. o.o With a special CD (boom) case! And some chilly on the side with a side of cheese fries yo! (While I was editing my post I thought of that. I am so sorry...)
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 06-06-2005 at 11:50 PM.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

itd be better if the revoulution had a place where you can insert cartrigages so we can download our games there, instead of buying games we had

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

What if they made a Gamesphere?
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

oooo and u could like toss it and roll it around and stuff! that would be awesome!

(shakes his head)
    The Last Spartan!!!

Gamertag=Battousai62