Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii (codename Revolution) revealed

The only problem is...what would developers do with this technology..? Will it be pushed to the limit? Or will it never be even scratched like the GC?

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

That controller is so cool. I want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    I will have to see it in action. I forsee this as a major problem for me. I don't like to sit directly in front of the TV(off to the side prefered) and even then I kind of sit parrell to the TV screen and hold the controller weird all the time.

This sounds like it requires too much attention and effort to be as fun as it could...also it sounds like the sense of direction is super sensitive...which I don't like but that could also be changed in game menus and crap.

I give it a D+ right now but the school year is far from over.
    I dont follow, What makes you think its super senstitive? The joystick looks like the same one the gamecube used and that wasnt particularly sensitive and I know the first time I held a playsttaion or gamecube controller in my hand it felt odd but after a day or two of gameplay it was like I'd been using it my whole life even if that was one whole item as opposed to two. I think you wont need to give it any attention once you're used to it and it will be as easy to use as a ps controller.
    Last edited by Destai; 09-16-2005 at 04:31 PM.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I wasn't talking about the Control stick. I was talking about how it sensed movement. I just see too much wrong with it.....AAAAAH! I have and itch.

*scratch*
    *crashes car into wall*

MISSION FAILED?!?! smurfERS!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah, it stands to reason that the joystick may be tougher to control, because of the increased amount of inadvertant hand movement.

That's not what worries me though. The right-half only has TWO buttons that you can use at any one time. TWO. Two buttons are not enough buttons.

I wasn't talking about the Control stick. I was talking about how it sensed movement. I just see too much wrong with it.....AAAAAH! I have and itch.

*scratch*
    *crashes car into wall*

MISSION FAILED?!?! smurfERS!
    Oh right, but I still dont see why you didnt just pause it with the other part of the controller.

BOTH HANDS FIRMLY PLACED ON THE WHEEL. EYES ON THE ROAD AT ALL TIMES. AT ALL TIMES.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I drive with my feet. I didn't pause it because I am old and thus set in my ways. I can still play with one hand for that 3 seconds it takes to scratch a good itch.

I drive with my feet. I didn't pause it because I am old and thus set in my ways. I can still play with one hand for that 3 seconds it takes to scratch a good itch.
    meh, pros and cons I guess. The motion play whatever its called will have much more pros than cons anyway.

Formerly Biggus Dickus Salmon King's Avatar

I love how Nintendo wants to go this new way with gaming, but the Revolution's controller (or universal remote, I don't know) is just scary. I had gotten to like the Gamecube's and I would be content if they had just recycled those models.

I personally think this new controller can make or break Nintendo. I will buy a Revolution, regardless. It is going to be some very interesting gaming.

Hmm another thought occured. I don't know how it is for other people, but since the N64, Nintendo's controllers have been very faulty, and break easily. All 3 of my Gamecube's C-stick are broken, and one of the movement joysticks is loose. Mind you I'm not an aggressive gamer, and I take careful care of my things. I hope the Revolution controller's movement sesitivity thing won't die on me, cus that just blow.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

For people fearing about third party support, have no fear, for Hideo Kojima and Square-Enix have praised the Revolution's revolution.

EDIT: THQ, Ubisoft, and EA are also backing the Revolution.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon King
    I love how Nintendo wants to go this new way with gaming, but the Revolution's controller (or universal remote, I don't know) is just scary. I had gotten to like the Gamecube's and I would be content if they had just recycled those models.

I personally think this new controller can make or break Nintendo. I will buy a Revolution, regardless. It is going to be some very interesting gaming.

Hmm another thought occured. I don't know how it is for other people, but since the N64, Nintendo's controllers have been very faulty, and break easily. All 3 of my Gamecube's C-stick are broken, and one of the movement joysticks is loose. Mind you I'm not an aggressive gamer, and I take careful care of my things. I hope the Revolution controller's movement sesitivity thing won't die on me, cus that just blow.
    hmm that's interesting, the only problem I ever had was one of my n64 controller joysticks eventually wore out and was loose. Nintendo has always been reliable on durability in my book

THE JACKEL

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

HTF CAN U PLAY THT WITH SMB!?!?!?!?!?

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Formerly Biggus Dickus Salmon King's Avatar

Super Smash Bros with the Revolution's controller will certainly be interesting, and I hadn't given it any thought before. I can already see myself flailing the "nunchaku" during online play.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

http://cube.ign.com/articles/653/653555p1.html

This little article seem to suggest Nintendo still has some more things up their sleive... lol Will they be keeping the name Revolution, or is there more that will justify a different name?

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    This week's question: Fantastic Revolution controller, but we're never content. When will you announce the real name of Revolution so that we can launch our channel? Could it be this October when Iwata talks Wi-Fi?

Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and marketing, Reginald Fils-Aime: Thanks for your feedback on the controller, Matt. The response has been incredible. People embrace innovation! We're taking a bold direction with Revolution and making sure people understand what this revolutionary controller can and will do has been paramount. We're the only company showing true innovation. The competition even complimented us!

Since our product is so innovative, for us it's too early to reveal all Revolution details. I certainly understand you're anxious to see more. Giving the controller the singular attention it deserved was the right way to go at TGS. In our view, you first need to understand the experience the controller promises to provide... then the games will breathe life into the promise. It's about the experience, not just the games. And the controller will give players a whole new experience!

We will continue to pull the curtain back over the next few months and we expect you'll be there. Until then, you should go ahead and unveil a Revolution (still the code-name) IGN channel. As a huge fan of the online community, I can't wait for you to have a dedicated channel. I promise we'll populate it with information the entire gaming community will love!
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

WOW, the controler is very interesting. I like it. when i saw it in the first time, I feel that I`m watch TV(first imprssion)

The Six Heros
    "Train Train Take us away...Take us away away away"

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

for anyone interested in watching the G4 interview with the Nintendo president... heres a link to the full interview about the Revolution, with controller:
    http://media.g4tv.com/video/tgsiwatainterview_300.wmv
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun