Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii (codename Revolution) revealed

Im kind of iffy with the controller. I mean, the GC control was near flawless in my opinion. the buttons were all easy to push and it was very durable. But this new one, i don't know. it just looks like it will feel really wierd, but who knows, could be fun. Even if this system doesn't sell well, i at least hope they will do something like Sega and continue to make games, prefrably for sony, since i feel gates has made enough money for a system full of overrated games.

Pretty sure somewhere i read that the second Nintendo is out of the console wars, they are out of gaming for good. So dont count on that.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Touché,Threeché,SPAMATION Monster Hunt's Avatar

It looks a bit like the PS2 (...) BUT I don't care, it's still cool and at least it will be able to download old games and stuff (You gotta love 'em!) and it will be cheaper than the PS err... whatever! (3 right? Don't worry, i'm NOT a sony-hater uh-uh!).

GO NINTENDO, GO NINTENDO, GOOOOOOO NINTENDO (REVOLUTION)!!!!
    Can't wait for it to come out!
    was all like to who was acctually feeling due to the fact that :oscar: & :frylock: couldn't go to his b'day party. patted him on the back and :mog: said there's always next year. felt more , felt , but :moose: (who knows when (as the person he is) he came in) was more of a . :magus: jumped in and told that no one really likes him. BROKEN ran everyone over with a :sophia:. So lived happily ever after, especially after he had with :rsl:
    The end!

66% of sig statistics are fake- and so is this one.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm very interested, and I'll probably buy a Revolution simply out of curiosity. Year after year, I've always stuck with Nintendo's consoles, and they haven't let me down yet. Here's hoping they'll make us all proud again with the Revolution.

"As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

That....controller...surely youll be able to use OTHER controllers for things like the NES/SNES/N64/GCN games?

Netherless, I want this!

Im not interested in anything Xbox, and PS3 isnt realy interesting me.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andreil Reborn
    That....controller...surely youll be able to use OTHER controllers for things like the NES/SNES/N64/GCN games?

Netherless, I want this!

Im not interested in anything Xbox, and PS3 isnt realy interesting me.
    ^_~ Turn the Rev controller on its side, with the power button in your left hand and the expansion port in your right hand, and look at the button placement! ^_~ Remind you of anything? XD that, my friend is how you will play NES games... at least, thats what we think XD...
    Still, we will have the options to use old GC controllers, as well as a 'skin' for the Rev controller.

I dont know if I've truly converted to Nintendo yet... cause I still like the graphics of the PS3... but, for now anyway, I'm only really counting on buying a Rev... or at least getting it first... then maybe a PS3 later when the price goes down or I see a game I really want. XD

Note attachment: I made a bried comparison, and as you can see the buttons are in generally the same place... course, the rev controller is not to scale with the nes controller, the Rev is a bit longer than it looks in this pic. XD still, i think the buttons are layed out in a good way, and we will be able to play NES games with it, if the "right" dpad key can be converted into an "up" dpad key! XD *hopes*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 11-11-2005 at 06:49 AM.
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

oo snap how cool

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

HI GEORGE I AM! OK!

need final fantasy need zelda...have no need for xbox..have need for nintendo...and ps3

End

I'm loving the look of the Revolution- I'm from the school of thought that it takes longer to develop these high graphic games, and because of the time it takes to sort out the graphics it lacks the qualities that make it a playable game. Thats why I dont really care for xbox... I think ps3 will be good for some reason though- and I'm not just saying that for final fantasy- but my moneys still on the revolution, its cheap; can play all the retro stuff; has a great controller (if slightly suspect); and will have some great games.
    Its funny, but I feel more unique for not having anything special in my signature...

The only guess for me PS3 will do well is the likelihood that they will get the most 3rd party game support. Thats the only reason why we buy it, otherwise i wouldnt give a rat's ass to Sony..Sony themselves usually dont make ultra great games compared to Nintendo, you know what i mean?

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Anyone else seen this vid?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ndo+revolution

Quite interesting, nothing new, but certainly interesting! ^_^;
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

According to the latest EGM rumor mill, some developers have said the dev kits for the Revolution are barely more powerful than the GameCube. Of course, there's no backing to the story, but, then, there's no backing to claims that the system is more powerful, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar
    According to the latest EGM rumor mill, some developers have said the dev kits for the Revolution are barely more powerful than the GameCube. Of course, there's no backing to the story, but, then, there's no backing to claims that the system is more powerful, either.
    All I heard was how the X-Box and PS2 were more powerful than the gamecube, but gamecube games always ended up with better graphics, so whatever. Plus, graphics don't make a game, nintendo is obviously pushing that mindset, and I agree with them.

THE JACKEL

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9
    All I heard was how the X-Box and PS2 were more powerful than the gamecube, but gamecube games always ended up with better graphics, so whatever. Plus, graphics don't make a game, nintendo is obviously pushing that mindset, and I agree with them.

THE JACKAL
    You're right, graphics don't make the game, but I think it's reasonable to expect some sort of technological leap between generations. And I don't know who said the PS2 was more powerful than the GameCube, but they were wrong. The Xbox is the most powerful of the three, though. I don't care if the Revolution looks as good as PS3 games are projected to, but it should definitely be more powerful than the GameCube by a substantial margin.

How the hell is PS2 better than the Gamecube spec-wise? PS2 is the most craptascular one if you wanna look at it technology-wise of all three. Xbox is definetly the best however, but if you look at GC and Xbox graphics, the differences were quite minimal at best, and both look super. However there are differences vs the PS2 when compared though and it shows in alot of games.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3