Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii (codename Revolution) revealed

:(
    As long as there is a shell. Im happy :)

yaknow, when you think about it, the nunchuck style controller is really the same as any other controller, just in 2 hands. if you feel more comfortable holding the pieces close together, thats fine. If you feel more comfortable holding the pieces apart, thats fine to. but it really has the same components as any oyher controller, i think the case is just a way to attract people who need the controller definition, but i guess the extra buttons would also help. i just mean, its a regular controller, just in 2 pieces.

It's MORE than just a regular controller. We don't have to lower our standards because people are too AFRAID of change

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some new images I have found courtesy of ign.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

The controller issue may be worked out to be used more like an actual controller since the Rev is known to be totally backwards compatable with Gamecube discs, Memory cards, and Controllers.

"Flight game" on Revolution
    http://www.planetgamecube.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=11302

THE JACKEL

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

tht shell controller looks sweet, if its tru then ill stop worrying

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

I'm looking forward to seeing a flight game with that control, that could be fun.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

http://revolution.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6601

It would appear that the second secret of the Revolution controller has been leaked! And even confirmed to be true!

Nunchaku Controller Feature Revealed
    April 25, 2006
    by: Phillip Levin

CONFIRMED: Sources close to Nintendo confirm for AMN that the rumors are true. Details inside.
    Last week, a rumor hit the net claiming that the Nintendo Revolution’s nunchaku controller features a built-in acellerometer allowing it to sense it being tilted left or right, or being moved up, down, left, right and in a number of other directions as well.

Today, AMN has confirmed through a developer incredibly close to Nintendo that this rumor is in fact true. The nunchaku peripheral does feature this secondary function. However, we were also told that the nunchaku controller does not feature the same pointing and motion sensing abilities that allow the Revolution free-hand controller to be used like a “pointer” or “wand.”

One example we’ve come up to describe how this function will be useful in future software involves a first-person shooter, in which you use the free-hand controller to look around and aim, while you use the nunchaku controllers analog stick to move around and strafe. Most importantly, you’d be able to tilt the nunchaku controller to the left or right to reload your weapon.

More intriguing than all this, perhaps, our source told us that this “feature” of the nunchaku controller has been in their development kits since they first received them over six months ago. This raises the question, of course, is this the second big secret function of the Revolution controller? It could be. However, it’s odd that developers have had access to the feature and information all along, without ever being told to keep the information under wraps.

Nintendo Revolution will be in full playable form during the Electronic Entertainment Expo., which kicks off May 9, 2006 with Nintendo’s annual press briefing. AMN will be on hand at the event with full coverage.
    How do you make the good even better? ^ thats how!

Does this mean we wont need to use 2 controllers now, to have 2 handed 3D gameplay? of course we can't point with the nunchuck part, but we can still move around and tilt and make other motions!
    So maybe we can control, lets say, Link's Sheild with the nunchuck, and the sword with the Revmote!

^_~ This is turning out to be awesome!
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus Andronicus
    http://revolution.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6601

It would appear that the second secret of the Revolution controller has been leaked! And even confirmed to be true!

How do you make the good even better? ^ thats how!

Does this mean we wont need to use 2 controllers now, to have 2 handed 3D gameplay? of course we can't point with the nunchuck part, but we can still move around and tilt and make other motions!
    So maybe we can control, lets say, Link's Sheild with the nunchuck, and the sword with the Revmote!

^_~ This is turning out to be awesome!
    I can die happy now! Nintendo is like the best company in the world!!!!!! smurfING AWESOME!

I can just see how smash brothers is gonna work!

Thanks for the info man!

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Kudos to Nintendo for this innovation.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Hey man you should come over later and Wii can play some fun video games.

Even though that name is strange and odd, I'm still looking forward to the Nintendo Wii.

Even if Nintendo can come up with some quality products, they obviously cant come up with any quality names. Revolution was better.

But imagine what Wii can do to the game industry. Wii can completely change everything. Wii will attract even casual gamers. Wii can do things that have never been done before. It's not about what Wii can do for you, it's what Wii can do to the gaming industry.

It's truly clever,
    http://revolution.nintendo.com
    (the site is seriously overflowing with people)

someone better change the title to Wii Revealed

THE JACKEL