Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii (codename Revolution) revealed

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    TWO ANALOGS NEXT TO EACH OTHER NINTENDO IS TOTALLY RIPPING OFF SONY
    Here are three words I never thought I would say to you, Raistlin, but here goes: I love you.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Nintendo must be sued for their poxy biased controller.

It's biased to people with midget hands! The PS3 controller will at least have space to hold the actual controller easily. I could probably fit that Wii controller in my hand.

I aint touching any gaming product with a name like wii. Not even with a 40ft pole with a prodder on the end. No way, it sounds as gay as the word gay itself.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

o.o I saw that on IGN yesterday. Here's the first one which is 16 seconds shorter but has a few more games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73yDRm8KaWY&search=Wii

only fair after sony ripped off nintendo's shoulder button design.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6150205

Today, in the Wii section of Nintendo's booth, a new, unannounced peripheral was shown off in a display case. Dubbed "The Zapper," the new addition to the Wii family is a casing that houses the Wii-mote and the analog joystick in a configuration that looks like a gun.

The purpose seems simple--instead of holding both attachments in one hand (the analog joystick controls movement and the Wii-mote controls aim), one hand can control both.

Old school gamers will recognize the Zapper name. In 1985, the Nintendo Entertainment System was sold with a light gun named the Zapper, which was used to shoot hapless ducks and snickering dogs in Duck Hunt.

Thanks for the sig VoodooChild!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    only fair after sony ripped off nintendo's shoulder button design.
    ... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Psyduck
    Here are three words I never thought I would say to you, Raistlin, but here goes: I love you.
    <3

Blog Entries

Nice gun attachment. However, it seems to be 2 handed, as the trigger appears to be the B Button on the Wiimote, which is a bit far from the Gun Handle.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen
    Nintendo must be sued for their poxy biased controller.

It's biased to people with midget hands! The PS3 controller will at least have space to hold the actual controller easily. I could probably fit that Wii controller in my hand.

I aint touching any gaming product with a name like wii. Not even with a 40ft pole with a prodder on the end. No way, it sounds as gay as the word gay itself.
    :twak:
    That was for judging something by its name. oh and also for using 'gay' in that way...

Honestly, its not a great name, but dont let that stop you from at least trying it dude... You might actually like it, and learn to look past the name.... never know, the controller really might just click with u.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    Nice gun attachment. However, it seems to be 2 handed, as the trigger appears to be the B Button on the Wiimote, which is a bit far from the Gun Handle.
    Actually ^_^ look a little closer at the pic... see that hole in the side of the gun? thats got the trigger in it! Its setup that way, so you can use one hand, and have your thumb on the joystick while your finger is near the trigger. I'm sure it will feel better than it looks though. XD Then again, u might still want 2 hands on the gun, just so you can push the other buttons on the controller... not really sure how that will work btw xD
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus Andronicus
    Actually ^_^ look a little closer at the pic... see that hole in the side of the gun? thats got the trigger in it! Its setup that way, so you can use one hand, and have your thumb on the joystick while your finger is near the trigger. I'm sure it will feel better than it looks though. XD Then again, u might still want 2 hands on the gun, just so you can push the other buttons on the controller... not really sure how that will work btw xD
    *Rant removed due to sheer stupidity*

Oh... It's not a little black thing! It's actually a hole with a trigger in it! >_> Boy do I feel stupid.
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 05-11-2006 at 05:58 AM.

hehe, I was just watching an interview with Reggie on G4... he loves the fan-given name Wiimote! XD

In an odd marketing move, Microsoft suggests people get their 360 as well as a Wii, rather than spending $600 on just 1 consoles (PS3).
    http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707831p1.html
    XD hey, at least they are being nice about it for now... guess they want to help Nintendo to get bigger, to get rid of Sony? XD

BTW, anyone else catch the comment in the Nintendo press conference, "Ask anyone if they've seen a movie, or listened to music, and you'll never find someone that hasn't done those things... but ask anyone if they've ever played video games, and chances are you'll find a lot that say no. Nintendo hopes to change this with Wii!"

I sure hope that changes soon! Interactive entertainment deserves just as much mindset for people as movies and music do! But as Nintendo has talked about, its the barriers like the controller, and the difficulty that needs to be changed. Nintendo's Wiimote does offer a simpler way to play, while still giving a lot of advantages to the 'hardcore' group.
    Well if Nintendo wants to gain more players, their 'inclusion' plan will do the trick, long as they make the right moves (as they seem to be doin).

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

.....the controllers not wireles?? ;_;

any idea when the wii b released?

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

o.O... who said the controller wasn't wireless? *missed that O_o*
    Of course its wireless!
    If they are basing that on the fact that they had wires at E3... then hah... that was just a security feature, And also so they didn't have to recharge the controllers durring the middle of the day... or something like that.
    Don't worry, Nintendo's controllers are confirmed wireless. (except for the wire between the Wiimote and the nunchaku.)
    Also, if they were referring to the vconsole controller, thats just wired to the Wiimote as well, nothing else.

Technically, the release date hasn't been announced yet. Nintendo could launch in October, in my opinion, since they've done that in the past.
    But they could also be waiting for Sony's release date, to be 'set in stone', so they can plan their release date around Sony's. lol

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

k awesome..... and all the controllers will b bundled in one box right? would b annoying if it was sold seperatly

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd imagine that at least the nunchaku attachment will be bundled, since it's so heavily integrated in a lot of games.

There's been no official announcements, however. None that I've heard, at least - someone else can confirm if they'd like.