Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2121617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii (codename Revolution) revealed

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, I wonder how real this will turn out to be. Ubisoft has already hinted that Red Steel's multiplayer won't be taking place 'only on the screen', and I've seen the DBZ game demonstrated in images by the developer. Exciting stuff

Oh lordy, the PS3 is coming out last, not good....

Blog Entries

There are a bunch of rumors on the Wii Release date. The biggest one right now being October 2nd, due to Nintendo saying that the release date might be encoded into their announcement of games coming out for their systems. Here's an article about it:

http://www.wii-play.com/nintendo_wii...p?news_item=52
    Nintendo updated their release list for the fourth quarter of this year. The list is ruled by DS games with only 1 GBA game and 1 GC game being released this year.

Fourth Quarter Release List:

Oct. 9: Clubhouse Games (DS)
    Oct. 16: Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends (DS)
    Oct. 23: Magical Starsign (DS)
    Oct. 30: Pokémon Ranger (DS)
    Oct. 30: Children of Mana (DS)
    Nov. 6: Elite Beat Agents (DS)
    Nov. 6: Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)
    Nov. 13: Yoshi's Island 2 (DS)
    Dec. 4: Custom Robo Arena (DS)
    Dec. 4: Kirby: Squeak Squad (DS)

Note: The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC) Will Be Released On The Same Date As The Wii In The Fourth Quarter Of This Year.

Nintendo did include this line at the end of their announcement:
    "Perhaps the secret to the launch information for Wii is somehow encoded in the text of this news item."

Gaming Target Writes:
    "The fourth quarter begins on October 1. Now look at the list. At least one game is released every Monday in the fourth quarter except for the following dates: October 2, November 20 and November 27.

November 27 is after Black Frida, so it's out of the possibilities. November 20 is after the launch of the PS3, so that's out, too. That leaves us with October 2. "

So Will The Wii Be Released On October 2nd? The release date seems to be too early according to some people, but since the wii is already in production, it is possible that Nintendo plans to get a headstart on the PS3.

We Can Hope To Find Out Soon...

Most of those 2amupdate rumors are hard to believe.

Anyone know of a set us release date on the wii?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Fourth quarter 2006 is about the best anyone can say right now. (unless I'm completely in the dark on this one)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Nintendo is expected to announce the release date during this year's Tokyo Game Show, which is being held on September 22 through the twenty-fourth.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

A few weeks ago on the 1up Yours podcast, Shane Bettenhausen of EGM speculated that Nintendo would announce and soft launch (meaning two or three first party games) the Wii in Japan the week of TGS. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    $249 for a Wii, two controllers, and Wii Sports? Sounds like a very good deal to me.
    And if you put a $50AUD deposit on it now (in Australia), you get a free launch title (as well as the Wii Sports.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Keep an eye out for news from the Liepzig conference next week (Aug 23rd) as well. Nintendo will be there and making a speech entitled "Wii prove our promise". Apparently they won't be at TGS. Which sucks for me, cuz I was looking forward to seeing it happen while I'm there.

Also, more rumours on possible functionality in the Wii (though this one is somewhat substantiated)
    http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/15/wi...-to-text-chat/
    Nintendo has a patent for Voice-To-Text technology to be used for video games. Full details can be found at the patent site. Nintendo hasn't announced where this will be used, but it's still possible.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Waiting for the 23rd is killin me with anticipation... only 24 hours left!! XD

I really hope hey announce something worthwhile... not only good for them, but also good for the Leipzig Games Convention, might put them more on the map. Hey we need all the GCs we can get now that E3 is going to be shrunk...

I just hope for anything more than "Blue Ocean" strategy descussions... thats getting old, and I want new information!
    I want a release date/price... thats all... Here's to hoping! *hyper all day till tomorrow... and probably let down... =/*

Heh, I'm also looking forward to any tidbits of info surrounding Twilight Princess... I can't wait to play with that new controller, especially if we can swing it like the Master Sword! Hope its fun anyway, and not tiring... lol
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Meh... turns out there wasn't much that was announced at the Liepzig Games Conference.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153065

They announced Mario Strikers Charged and Battallion Wars 2 (BWii?) for the Wii. Perhaps more will be known as the convention goes on, but the speech is done.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Meh... turns out there wasn't much that was announced at the Liepzig Games Conference.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153065

They announced Mario Strikers Charged and Battallion Wars 2 (BWii?) for the Wii. Perhaps more will be known as the convention goes on, but the speech is done.
    Yah that turned out to be a little disapointing...but oh well... We'll get a launch date soon enough anyway.
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Battalion Wars 2 Hands-On report from 1up.com

http://38.99.15.82/do/previewPage?cId=3153075

It's sounding pretty good. They mention that the Jumping (flick the nunchuk up) didn't seem so hot, but I don't recall many areas in the previous game where you needed to jump anyway. Tactical Unit control seems "fantastic", and there is online multiplayer.

BWii is now added to my 'Wii Get' list.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

*unsticks*