Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Agree...?

Default Anyone Agree...?

Ok so this is something I've wanted to do for a while to see if everyone's on the same wavelength as me. This list is a list of things I would love to welcome back into the final fantasy series, would hope i never see again, or things that just should be....anyway here goes...

1. First of all I hope they eliminate VOICE ACTING. I hate it and felt it destroyed FFX/X" in parts which could have been so much more atmospheric without the voice overs.

2. I would love if they brought back a card game. Preferably one like VIII's, a simple addictive game with rewarding prizes. The concept on IX's was good but I didn't like the way you had to develop the cards.

3. I realise I'm probably on my own with this but I woulod welcome back gladly fixed camera/pre-rendered graphics. The fully polygraphic graphics are nice but jus didn't do it for me. IX's, I felt, where so much nicer to look at.

4. Bring back the WORLD MAP. As in one you can roam freely around.

5. Enough with direct sequels. I'm referring strictly to X/X2. The revisiting of the same areas in the sequel was utterly dissapointing and hope it never happens again. With VII's sequels/prequels they seem to be learning, ie. Dirge of Cerberus is looking more along the lines of Devil May Cry than FFVII. I feel in order to make a sequel work in this series the game has to practically feel lke a genuinly different game.

6. The villian should be HUMAN. Kefka=Funny but Evil, Sephiroth=Frightning, Edea/Sorcerers=Menacing, Kuja=Evil, Sin=A big Fish, Vegnagun=A Machine. My point is is that the danger and evil was far more penetrating when the evil was humane, not supernatural.

7. I feel character classes should be more defined, like in IX, IV and VI. In the end of most FF's, your characters basically act all the same so it doesn't matter who you use.

That's it I think. If you've got a change you'd welcome into the series post it here.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cal113
    My point is is that the danger and evil was far more penetrating when the evil was humane, not supernatural.
    Damn those humanitarian evildoers!

Ok so this is something I've wanted to do for a while to see if everyone's on the same wavelength as me. This list is a list of things I would love to welcome back into the final fantasy series, would hope i never see again, or things that just should be....anyway here goes...

1. First of all I hope they eliminate VOICE ACTING. I hate it and felt it destroyed FFX/X" in parts which could have been so much more atmospheric without the voice overs.

2. I would love if they brought back a card game. Preferably one like VIII's, a simple addictive game with rewarding prizes. The concept on IX's was good but I didn't like the way you had to develop the cards.

3. I realise I'm probably on my own with this but I woulod welcome back gladly fixed camera/pre-rendered graphics. The fully polygraphic graphics are nice but jus didn't do it for me. IX's, I felt, where so much nicer to look at.

5. Enough with direct sequels. I'm referring strictly to X/X2. The revisiting of the same areas in the sequel was utterly dissapointing and hope it never happens again. With VII's sequels/prequels they seem to be learning, ie. Dirge of Cerberus is looking more along the lines of Devil May Cry than FFVII. I feel in order to make a sequel work in this series the game has to practically feel lke a genuinly different game.

6. The villian should be HUMAN. Kefka=Funny but Evil, Sephiroth=Frightning, Edea/Sorcerers=Menacing, Kuja=Evil, Sin=A big Fish, Vegnagun=A Machine. My point is is that the danger and evil was far more penetrating when the evil was humane, not supernatural.

7. I feel character classes should be more defined, like in IX, IV and VI. In the end of most FF's, your characters basically act all the same so it doesn't matter who you use.

That's it I think. If you've got a change you'd welcome into the series post it here.
    1. While I also don't really care much for voice acting, I don't think there will ever be a time when square makes a brand new Final Fantasy without voice acting. Some of it can be really bad for the ears, but then again, it also adds a lot of emotion to the game.

2. I agree, I love FF8's card game, and I hated FF9's.

3. I think with PS3's new graphics engine, it would be a terrible waste to go back to prerendered. I'm all for going foreward in this one, sorry.

4. While I used to have a gripe about this, I'm not sure why. I think there will be a time when you not only have a HUGE map to explore (like FFXII from what I hear!) but you will also have the ability to fly over it really fast in a huge airship like FFXI (the online one ). God, that would be SO sweet. I think all of those 'no world map' problems will be gone, in the future.

5. I agree, I dislike sequels. But FFVII: Advent Children does look really good.. ohhh...

6. I agree again! Sin was pretty Lame, but that's what (SPOILER)Seymour and Jecht were for.(SPOILER) Jecht wasn't very effective, and I didn't like seymour either. In FFX-2 they had (SPOILER)Shuyin that you fought at the end. I still agree with the 'all powerful' badguy is a lot more effective than the giant fish creature, Sin.

7. I think there should be a lot of customization, and also a lot of originality between the characters. MUch like Seiken Densetsu 3 with the branching paths (Which is actually a lot like everquest 2 in that respect, strangely enough), or Final Fantasy Tactics.

>>>

As for what I think should change in the series, I'd say having wider more expansive landscapes, like what I hear from FFXII and Dragon Quest 8. But, to give it a 'world map' feeling, I'd also like to be able to fly in a giant airship over that huge expansive world, without having little puny 'icons' than you land next to and walk into, like a world map... instead you'd fly right over cities and oceans just like real life.

THAT WOULD IMPRESS ME VERY VERY MUCH.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't have a problem with voice acting.

I wouldn't mind a card game, but they'd have to make it sufficiently different from triple triad, but not stupid like terra whatever was.

Fixed camera. FF9. Doesn't computeX.x; I think the best idea is what ff12 will have, all sorts of camera angles YOU pick and a 3d landscape Huzzah for ff12!

I could care less about world maps.

How can you say 'oh enough direct sequels, but you can do the ones I want to see?' xDD It's sorta funny.

Evil lurks everywhere, sometimes in the hearts of men, sometimes in the innocent looking trees. Oh noes~ Not teh trees ;_;;;

I dislike ones with fixed character classes. I play for efficiency, and since strength dominates other stats a good deal of the time (have fun beating ff8 with magic or the monster arena in ffx with it) I get used to just smacking attack and saving time from having to actually LOOK at the commandsXD

Really, I'd like to see some more sci-fi. One of the reasons I liked ff8 so much I don't care for the strictly medieval ones too much.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't played any FF games with voice acting, but it would probably get annoying fast.

I have to agree with these above..FFVIII's Card game was super!IX's was good too but not like FFVIII's..
    World Map should be at all FFs..It's like FF's "cliche"..To tell the truth i din't like FFX,FFX-2 map..It was just like "Where do you wanna go?"..and automatically you are there..You didn't have the joy of discovery and like you cal113 said,to roam freely around!^_^

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

FFX is one of the dumbest things ever, it destroyed the series.

I would like to see a return of characters that don't look incredibly lame.

1- First of all. Soryline. I want a deep, addicting, and good storyline. Sure, FFIX and FFX have it. But I still can't stand FFVIII's "storyline" (it is just a distorted time vortex x_x).

2- Camera fix, specially on airships. >.<

3- A card game that I can actually play. I mean... Triple Triad freaks me out. Call me dumb, but I've never ever won a Triple Triad game. -_- Tetra Master is great enough, IMHO.

4- Please, don't destroy the remaining Final Fantasy roots. EVERY FF after II has destroyed one. Specially FFX.

5- Fun gameplay. NOT JUNCTION SYSTEM AGAIN. I prefer Materia, Weapon/Armor Abilities and Sphere Grid.

6- Good character/plot development. Don't focus at 2or 3 chars.

7- OSTs. *-* Good ones *-*

And to finish: NEVER EVER BLOW THE TIME/SPACE UP AGAIN, SQUARE T_T
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Get rid of voice acting? Whatever.

If technological advances bother you THAT much, then for smurfs sake just quit playing games, or shut up and play the games that meet all your prissy little specific standards. My god.

And to answer your question, no. Infact, I couldn't disagree more. I loved FFX. It's my second favorite game ever, right after FFVII. It's a brilliant work of art, and the only reason people hate it is because they either lack maturity, lack an open mind, or have ADD....among several other problems.
    Last edited by DMKA; 05-19-2005 at 05:28 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I myself actualy liked that they got rid of the world map. I always found they were too booring and empty, and that they were slowing down the game.

What I would like to see again are some real dragon knights, blue mages and the like (not like Khimary, Quistis or Gun Mage) and also the old equipment systems like in IX, VI etc.

I disagree, voice acting is neat.

I agree, VIII and IX's (VIII in particular) were addictive

I dont mind either way.
    Agreed. World Map was neat. I liked VII and VIII's the most.
    I didnt like X-2. It depends on the actual sequel and the need for a sequel. X didnt need a sequel and I didnt like X-2 anyway.
    I liked Villains like Jenova who acted through a strong character (not in a physical sense) like Sephirtoh.

I want it to be varied.

Quote Originally Posted by AerisIsMyGod

Absodamnlutely. The game was good because of graphics, monster arena and weapon customizin but it SUCKED because there was no world map. So the only thing you could do until you get the airship (wich is in the last 2 hours of the game) you only can go forward on the world. SUCKED!!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Get rid of voice acting? Whatever.

If technological advances bother you THAT much, then for smurfs sake just quit playing games, or shut up and play the games that meet all your prissy little specific standards. My god.
    Can I get an amen?

Quote Originally Posted by KuRt
    Quote Originally Posted by AerisIsMyGod

Absodamnlutely. The game was good because of graphics, monster arena and weapon customizin but it SUCKED because there was no world map. So the only thing you could do until you get the airship (wich is in the last 2 hours of the game) you only can go forward on the world. SUCKED!!
    eeew smelly fanboys *peppersprays*

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still don't get what's so awesome about a world map;_;