Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

I saw it at midnight last night, it was freakin brilliant. Don't let the first two movies sway you from seeing this one. This movie has what the other two movies were lacking, decent acting. Sci-Fi/Action movies don't need breathtaking oscar-worthy acting or anything, but they need something, and the first two movies were just lacking. I thought Hayden gave a wonderful acting performance with about 80% of his screentime, which was plenty for me. Ewan did excellent as well. I thought Natalie gave a rather good acting performance, she could have done MUCH better, but I thought her character called for some properness and subtely and the like (it seems Ashley and I will never agree on these sorts of things ). It's just that Natalie gave such an awesome performance in Closer, I guess I was just expecting more out of her because I know she can act. The story of Anikan becoming Vader is truely tragic and heartbreaking, I never expected it to be like that, changed my perspective of the whole saga entirely. They had more Yoda, which I loved. I wish I could have heard more of his lines (the audience was cheering loudly during some of his lines), but I'll probably go see it again, so it's ok. The graphics were awesome, all but one of the lightsaber battles were outstanding, and the one with (SPOILER)senator palpatine vs. the four jedi was...eh, alright. I actually cried during this movie, something I never thought I would do with a Star Wars movie. I would recommend everyone see this movie, if not for just the last lightsaber battles.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex
    The only problem I found in it was that some lines in love scenes were still cheesy, but not NEARLY as bad as Episode II was.
    Yes. There were a few other issues with dialog and character development, but overall the movie was much better than the previous 2 episodes.

I saw ROTS last night at midnight as well. It was a surprisingly great movie. I was entertained right from the beginning to the end. I nearly creamed my pants at the beginning when the camera scrolled from the ROTS yellow text to an overhead view of a passing Star Destroyer. So good....

Hayden Christianson's acting was WAY better. I actually could have cared less if he put on the Darth Vader costume because he played an evil sith to perfection.

My only complaint was that Palpatine overacted a little bit. Aside from that, it may be my second favorite of all 6 movies, behind The Empire Strikes Back.

One hungry Tyrannosaurus Pauten's Avatar

I just got home from seeing it and it was amazing.
    Far superior to the other prequels!

For those who have seen it...Yoda...so cool!

General Grevious was a little disapointing though.

Anakin's fall into the dark side is one that is filled with emotion. The final exchange of words between Obi-Wan and Anakin had me choked up.

Oh and go Chewy!

My faith in George Lucas has been revived.
    9/10

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I do agree that Natalie Portman is a good actress, but she's an actress that needs proper direction, which no one received in the prequels. She's a good actress, but she isnt a maverick like, say, Johnny Depp, who salvaged a bad script and horrible direction in Pirates of the Caribbean. Portman is good, but in Star Wars she seemed bored. I didnt feel it at all.

Im not a fan of the series at all but Im very happy to hear the fans enjoyed the last movie so much.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ooo, yay. I haven't seen it yet, but now I'm really excited. It's good to hear that everybody's liked it.

But I seem to be the only one who thoroughly ENJOYED the first two movies. Ah, well, I've always been weird.

--Box Box Box Box

this movie was great except for how grievous died. he was compleatly unstopable in the clone wars cartoons but in the movie he went down fairly easy
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

well I can tell this is going to be worth it already, the critics are iffy but the fan response is incredible.
    still I am going to wait it out for a week or two, as I know the crowds are going to be monsterous.
    Don't tease the octopus folks...

In my city, it wasn't nearly as packed as we thought it was gonna be. Which is good. I saw one, only one, cosplayers, and I thought I wouldn't see any because of my area, so that made my day, I wanna to see someone is a costume so bad for some reason. I really liked it movie, when Obi-Wan and Anakin started fighing, I wanted to cry for some reason, that whole scence got to me. I really didn't think I'd like it as much as I did, I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but this movie really got me into it, and I might just watch the old ones again.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

My friend had a gorgeous silk replica of the rainbow gown Padme wears in episode II. Once the photos are uploaded, I'll share with you guys. I got pictures with Palpatine, Padme, Vader (who killed me!) and Anakin. Not a lot of cosplayers (there was a Greivous as well, and that's all) but it was fun.

This movie was great. The only problem I had with it was that there was too much story compacted into too little time. I felt like the movie could have gone on for another hour at least, to tie up the story better. It seemed unfinished, because they couldn't focus on some of the major elements of the story as long as they should have because the movie would have been a bajizillion hours long. It left room for another movie though, I thought.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Pick up the book, there's a lot of story to be had from it. Too much for a movie.

Book? There's a book? I had no idea...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's always a book.