Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

One hungry Tyrannosaurus Pauten's Avatar

Vader was not crying. He was angry and full of hatred towards himself.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

yea c'mon........he thinks he killed his own wife

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Blog Entries

Pussy.

there was a picture here

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

<ul type="square"><li>I love that C3P0 gets his mind wiped but R2D2 doesn't, meaning R2 basically knows the whole story but is just holding out on 3P0 in Episodes IV-VI.
    <li>I love General Grievous. I was actually expecting to see more of his blatant badassery on display <a href="http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/ggba01.gif">as</a> <a href="http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/ggba02.gif">seen</a> <a href="http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/ggba03.gif">in</a> <a href="http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/ggba04.gif">the</a> <a href="http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/ggba05.gif">Clone Wars</a> <a href="http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/ggba06.gif">series</a>, but as long as he had those four lightsabers in full effect for even one scene, I was happy.
    <li>I love Wookiees. And no Ewoks in sight.
    <li>I'd forgotten how much of a creepy bastard Anakin is when he grabs his woman by the head and stares into her eyes like some kind of mouth-breathing serial rapist.
    <li>Ewan McGregor was stunning was Obi-Wan. I could easily have believed that was a younger Alec Guinness playing the part.
    <li>Yoda's assassination attempt. You know the only reason he didn't come out on top there was because it would have caused a paradox.
    <li>The scene where Mace was at odds with Palpatine and Anakin had to decide to whom he'd give his allegiance broke my heart. I mean, that was the crucial moment where, if Anakin had decided differently, everything would have gone differently. Watching everything go down the drain in that one instance was almost unbearable, and Palpatine's deception of Anakin--with that "I'm so <i>weak</i>" garbage, plus all his Force lightning and gummy cackling--instantly made him the most dastardly villain of all time in my book.
    <li>I hadn't really thought about it beforehand, but as the movie was getting towards its end I began to think about what it would have to show in order to perfectly lead into Episode IV--Yoda on Dagobah, Ben on Tatooine, the construction of the Death Star, and the twins on Alderaan and Tatooine. There was no Dagobah scene, but they set up Yoda and Ben's exile well enough, and it showed the other things just as I was expecting. Besides being great in general, the movie really did its job of tying the saga together. No loose ends to speak of.
    <li>All in all, I was happy to see Lucas and company got their act together after Episodes I and II and finally made a classic Star Wars prequel; I'd certainly put it up there with Episode IV and Episode VI. Of course, nothing could ever equal The Empire Strikes Back, but it came close.</ul>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't get the hype about The Empire Strikes Back. Return of the Jedi was better.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM
    Fair enough if you want me to.

As Grievous is escaping Coruscant with Senator Palpatine, Mace Windu crushes his chest using the force. It's only a small scene at the end of chapter 25, but you see Grievous fall to his knees and start coughing.
    Ah, I saw that but didn't catch that referrence. Thanks.

We dont know if his body disappeared or not. The clothing, the armor, and all the cybernetics would not have disappeared. For all we know, his body is gone, and only the shell remains.

hoh hoh! but having re-watched the scene in Jedi when Vader dies, i just realized, his helmet is off, and his head is exposed. when a Jedi fades, its instant, and he obviously didnt fade, as you could see his head the whole time.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

The scene where Mace was at odds with Palpatine and Anakin had to decide to whom he'd give his allegiance broke my heart. I mean, that was the crucial moment where, if Anakin had decided differently, everything would have gone differently. Watching everything go down the drain in that one instance was almost unbearable, and Palpatine's deception of Anakin--with that "I'm so weak" garbage, plus all his Force lightning and gummy cackling--instantly made him the most dastardly villain of all time in my book.
    I totally agree with Kishi here. That's why I made a parody scene to StarCraft where Anakin doesn't kill Mace Windu at that point, but Palpatine gets beaten up there.

About Anakin fading: According to Lucas, he did fade, and Luke just burned his armor. I don't know where Anakin learned to fade, but he sure faded or he couldn't have appeared as the Jedi Spirit/Ghost in the end. I watched Return of the Jedi yesterday, and I think it goes this way:

DARTH VADER: "You were right about me... Tell your sister... you were right..."
    (Anakin loses his consciousness.)
    LUKE: "Father... I will not leave without you!"
    (Anakin's dying.)
    (The camera shows Luke's face, and he's crying. I think this is when Anakin faded because the camera doesn't show his face after that moment until the ending scene.)

Since I didn't grow up with either OT or PT, I feel kind of like an outsider since I loved Episode II as well. Most of the Star Wars movies have loads of great moments though none of them is perfect as a stand-alone. Story-wise, Episode VI would have the best features, such as the Emperor being shown again, some more of Obi-Wan and Yoda, Luke and Leia revealed to be twins, the Rebel Alliance having probably the most amount of characters ever (Han Solo, Lando, Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Chewie, Wedge and loads of other people), Jabba and Boba making a final comeback and whatnot. However, as a movie, I prefer Episodes like IV and V.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

i went to see it with three of my friends. it was great and we spent all dat arguing over the greatest fight. i picked yoda vs darth sidious and they picked obi-wan vs anakin. can someone tell me where the sad part was coz a man near me on the back row was crying like a little girl

Quote Originally Posted by bigbri2k5
    can someone tell me where the sad part was coz a man near me on the back row was crying like a little girl
    How about Obi Wan having to fight someone he's known and trained for 13 years who he cares about like a brother. Seeing that he's turned to the Dark Side and having to leave him for dead, having cut of both his legs and an arm, and seeing him burnt by lava.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

A man losing his soul for the woman he loves, and winding up damning her in the process, and himself. Losing everything he had. Two close friends, brothers, having to fight, one having to destroy the other... seems pretty sad to me.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    A man losing his soul for the woman he loves, and winding up damning her in the process, and himself. Losing everything he had. Two close friends, brothers, having to fight, one having to destroy the other... seems pretty sad to me.
    right thurr

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

I guess I'm the only one here who thought the movie was charmless and just about as cheesy as the last two installments, though I cringe at the thought of considering them installments to the series. I will admit that I enjoyed the movie more than the last two because the cheesy scenes were more comical than annoying (e.g. "Younglings" and Vader's Frankenstein impression "nooo...")

Everything in the film seemed incredibly obvious, forced, and driven, like Lucas just covered what needed to tie the films together and it's like you're just kind of waiting for him to hit each of the scenes you full and well know are coming. The movie had 2 or 3 cheesy scenes every 15 minutes and the fact that the entire theatre was bursting out in laughter to the 60% of the dialogue that was just plain awful made it hard to actually feel for.

Well, in my opinion Episode III was undoubtedly the best and most enjoyable of the three prequels but not in any right a good movie.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jeremy... you're on my list.

Sous Chef actually Halifax Housewife's Avatar

Thought it was an awesome movie.

I'd love to find out what happened inbetween Episodes 3 and 4, 'tho, since there is about a 20 year gap inbetween. A lot of things must of happened, such as, for example, how Chewie and Han Solo got together. Maybe it was explained in 4, 5, or 6. I missed that part, I guess.

Also, there must of been some Jedi that tried to fight Darth Vader and the Sith Lord in that 20 year gap.

I hope Lucas considers making another movie or a television series that explains what happened in that time gap.

Be free.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Chewie and Han met in the spice mines of Kessel, if I remember right. I dont remember how they both got there, though, or how they escaped.