Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

I just got back from the movie. It was amazing. This is the best of the prequels, without a doubt. This movie carries so much emotion in it. Pretty much everything was done right. The only problem I found in it was that some lines in love scenes were still cheesy, but not NEARLY as bad as Episode II was. Plus, the scenes were kept short.

Hayden really let loose in the role this time. This is the angry Anakin Skywalker I always envisioned ever since I saw the Original Trilogy!

All the fight scenes were amazing. I was worried that the action would be TOO intence, and the movie would come off as a lame looking action movie with a Star Wars twist, but everything was paced perfectly. I could watch Obi-Wan v.s. Anakin any day.

Overall, I had a great time watching the film. It was well worth the wait.

Im going to see it with my sister tommorow. She thinks Anakin is hot and Im a nerd, so we both win. I can't wait!

I read a review of the film in the New Yorker magazine that compared this film to the two previous films as "dying of natural causes as opposed to crucifixion", which was, for lack of a better word, an interesting criticism.

I'll wait until a lot of lines and buzz dies down. I am interested in seeing it, but it's not something that I must at all costs do.

Take care all.

I'm going to see it tommorow with my boyfriend..From the trailers i've seen it seems great!^_^

p.s I like this scar at Anakin's eye!

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

I just Came back from the movie. It was exactly what i expected.

I like seeing Anikan all Evil.

Sith > Jedi Anyday.

I wished there was more Padme though, she was one of my Favorite Chars in Episode II

I am going to see it on Sunday...I can not wait seeing it.I have seen all Star Wars episodes and i think that Episode III is going to be the best !
    PEACE
    and
    LOVE

Blog Entries

I'm going to see it tomorrow, I just can't wait.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was traumatically good. I fought tears through literally most of the movie. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at Vader without tearing up again. When we get in bed BJ and I are going to watch the last couple scenes of Episode VI just to dull the depression this movie has generated.

I can't believe Lucas would make Episode I and II the way he did when he had the capability to go as far with them as he did with III. At the risk of overhyping the movie... Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It was indeed the best of the prequels.

The bad:
    -Natalie Portman is just wooden. Seriously. She doesnt emote at all.
    -The love scenes are just as forced as before, and with the corniest dialogue imaginable
    -Hayden has improved, but not much.
    -Some serious LAME stuff. Just corny and dumb.

The Good:
    -Beautiful, as always
    -Obi-Wan! He's so awesome and he did really well
    -The fight scenes, as always.
    -The ending scenes, with the twins.
    -Watching it with crazed Star Wars fans after two days of partying! <3

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm gonna take your "The bad" and punch you in the face, Ashley!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Oh come ON. She spoke like she was bored when she was having the big scene with Anakin. And the love scenes... again, she just talks like she's a robot "Hold me. Hold me like when we were on Naboo and blah blah blah." CORNY. There was some seriously awesome stuff, but some things, particularily the love things, were corny.

Oh, and to add to the good:
    -CHEWBACCA

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to get you drunk and then extract and sell your kidney.

P.S. BJ and I just watched the last 15 chapters of Episode VI so I feel better now.

The movie is the best Prequel Trilogy movie, and it was a positive surprise. Johnny Williams's score was good as always, and all those cues were just wonderful. Force theme was used a lot, and many other familiar themes could be heard from all the five previous Star Wars movies (not to mention two bigger themes for this movie: Battle of the Heroes and Grievous's theme). It isn't as good as the Empire Strikes Back, but it was still an enjoyable movie.

*SPOILER WARNING*

The beginning with the Force theme playing and those great visuals was just fantastic, and later on the movie just became even more intense. Some battles were too short, unfortunately. I would've wanted the Grievous battle and Dooku battle take a little while longer, but they were defeated quite quickly. Oh well. A positive surprise was the Mace vs. Palpy battle, and the final battles between Obi and Ani and Palpy and Yoda were just marvellous. My dreams came true when I heard both Imperial March and Duel of the Fates during the two final duels (Ani vs. Obi and Palpy vs. Yoda), not to mention the fantastic Battle of the Heroes playing there as well.

The Jedi massacre scene (when the clone troopers kill both the Jedi in the temple and in other worlds) was very emotional and had that beautiful choral "Anakin's Betrayal" playing there. The scene when Obi-Wan tells Padmé that he has to go and kill Anakin was very heartbreaking with the latter part of "Anakin's Dark Deeds" playing, and "The Immolation Scene" was a perfect piece of music for the scene when Anakin is burning and shouts "I hate you!" to Obi-Wan after their duel.

Grievous was a nice villain although an underdeveloped one, but he made his presence known, and I liked that coughing. I was expecting his MagnaGuards (the ones with those staffs that could block lightsabres) to be more dangerous, but they were okayish nevertheless. Palpatine was just horrible in this movie, which meant Ian McDiarmid did his job well in portraying the evil Sith Lord. Anakin using Force to choke Padmé was an interesting scene, not to mention that clever idea of showing Vader on the operating table and at the same time showing Padmé giving birth to the twins. I didn't actually expect to hear the Naboo funeral theme when Vader finds out that he was responsible for Padmé's death, but that just made the scene even more emotional. And it was nice to hear James Earl Jones for that short amount of time.

Hayden Christensen actually acted better than in Attack of the Clones, at least in my opinion. Natalie Portman did a good job too, although at times she was too wooden, but for some reason Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan didn't act as emotionally as he should've in some of the scenes. For example, the scene where he finds out that Anakin was behind the Jedi temple massacre should've been a shocker, but he just had that dull expression on his face. I would've expected him to collapse or do something dramatic than just stand there, not knowing what to do. He was emotional enough during the immolation scene, though, so that was nice. Plus there are very few scenes where we see Jar Jar, and we see Lucas in a cameo role, so that's nice.

The ending was pretty much what I expected to be, and that final scene with the Binary Sunset (and Force theme playing) was a nice way of ending the Star Wars saga in a hopeful note just as in ESB, even though RotS is a very dark movie. Two scenes were missing, and I would've wanted to see them: one with Mon Mothma (the woman leading the Rebellion in Return of the Jedi) and about her not liking Palpy, and the other one was Yoda talking to Qui-Gon (it was only hinted at this movie, but I think they did film the conversation scene and might have it in the deleted scenes in RotS video and DVD).It was nice to see younger Tarkin and the construction site of the Death Star, though.

*SPOILERS END*

All in all, Revenge of the Sith is a good movie in my opinion and the best Prequel Trilogy movie, although it doesn't stand a chance against Empire Strikes Back. RotS has a great score, wonderful and memorable scenes, tragedy and darkness all around, and nice special effects. It's a good bridge between the gap that separates Episode 3 and Episode 4, and it does its job well. I enjoyed watching this movie, and it's a nice farewell to the Star Wars saga story-wise, visually and musically.
    Last edited by Kossage; 05-19-2005 at 01:08 PM.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

im going to see it tomorow (probably allone ) but hey its gonna be great anyways
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I think I like the movie as much as I did because of the experience of going and seeing the midnight showing. It was quite amusing at school both Wednesday and today, I was surprised how many people actually dressed up in their Jedi costumes for school.

The movie was amazing. There was barely ever a dull moment, it kept moving at all times. The love scenes did seem a little forced, but that's nothing new. I do disagree with just about anyone who says the acting sucks. It's not their acting that sucks, it was that the script was so horrible. There were too many one liners and to get a point across there was always an over-exaggeration of emotion or lack thereof.

Anakin's motives for turning to the dark side were very well done. I was half expecting it to just sort of happen without the gradual fall, like in Episode II where he flips and kills all the sand people.

I think the ending was very well done. It tied up a lot of lose ends, even down to some minute details, like C-3PO getting a memory wipe which would explain why he didn't remember Obi-Wan in Episode IV yet R2 did.

It's worth another viewing this weekend. My old man wants me to join him and I will most definitely do so.

Now I just need to find a nice place to keep this ticket stub.