Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Landscapes

Blog Entries

Default Emotional Landscapes

Doesn't this game has the most beautiful landscapes?
    Such beauty.

Rocket Town, Launch area.

Corel Mountains, Corel town area.

Corel Mountain area, Mountain sights.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I agree...and can you imagine what they'd be like if they actually redid the entire game in the way they did that tech demo? Jesus.
    I like Kung-Fu.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Yeah. the land scapes are the most emotional in the entire ff series
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

yes, that would truly be amazing
    Of all the games that i find well worth the work, I can only say that three can properly qualify for the category. And of the three, one is, but of corse, FFVII. The other twon games which i couldn't depart from are Xenogears and FFT. And i also found a pattern, All of which were released 1997 or 1998 and were on PS. I have lost some faith in Squaresoft when they merged with Enix, they no longer adapt a well-thought plot as nearly as much as the older titles. And thus, I say to you Square-Enix, "Up yours!"

Everything about this game captured me somehow. I look back and realize how simple it was... but they used what they had VERY well.

I liked Midgar and City of the ancients. But Im weird like that.

There is something amazing about the way in which actions and scenes from real life were captured in the FMV's. The way the wind blew store signs when Shinra No. 26 left the launch pad, the way the earth looked from outerspace and the escape pod, or just how mountains looked like mountains and rivers looked like rivers, even as PS 1 graphics. The best part is that you can see them all over and over again. I never get tired of it.
    "Today is Victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men." - Shinmen Musashi 1645

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

The best landscapes are midgar,city of the ancients,rocket town and the golden saucer. The golden looks even better when ruby weopons wandering around there. the under water lanscape is cool but i try to steer clear of it because ive not prepared my characters well enough to beat emerald so it gets annoying if im underwater and then emerald sneaks up on me. But what confuses me is when i first got the submarine i went underwater and saw emerald but i didnt know it was him. It was floating completely still in an underwater crater and i bumped into him .i hit a force field and was blasted back and then the battle started. he creamed me. then i went back under water and went back to the crater . he was gone and then he sneaked up behind me and killed me again. how come he was released from that forcefield?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

another reason why this is my favourite game ever Period

Yeah Joga's an awesome song, Bjork is brilliant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AerisIsMyGod
    Yeah Joga's an awesome song, Bjork is brilliant.

I agree, the landscapes are beautifully done. There are even more that are just as great as those three.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not only that. Every single scene is beautifully made in this game. I've been really impressed since the very first minutes of gameplay in the reactor. It perfectly conveyed the sense of darkness, claustrophoby, and alienation, and the music made it perfect.

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

i just loved the scenery especially the corel area, the music just went so brilliant with it there it brings a tear to your eye that the emotion of that scene has never been equalled in any game ever.

This helped the game become "more than the sum of its parts" ^_^ And helped give the game a personality I utterly adore...