Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel Sickness

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unhappy Travel Sickness

Do you get travel sickness? I do and it REALLY sucks ;__; If you do, have you got any good cures that actually work? When I was younger I tried loads of stuff but it didn't really help. Okay, maybe I should just learn that I cannot play my GBA whilst travelling. But gah, that's the point of it ;__;
    rawr

Yeah i do when i am travelling with car and bus!I try not just to think about it!Not that it works but anyway!^_^
    Sometimes i get some pills though!

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

If I travel for too long I start to feel a little ill, but that's about it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I get it if I'm concentrating on something else (reading or playing games) or if we're going on curvy roads. I've actually had to throw up before. It really sucks.

The only travel ailment I get is a painful backside, but I have some relatives who get travel sickness. I hear that the best way to curb it is to focus on distant objects in the landscape, and that focusing on objects very close to you like a book, or say, a GBA ( ) usually results in nausea. Another very good remedy is to eat ginger before you set off, but ginger is nasty! Ginger cookies on the other hand...
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I used to get Travel Sickness, still do every now and again. But there are some pills that you can get that stops travel sickness, or atleast calms it down. I can't remember what they are called though.

Every time you talk about it, I'm all nice and understanding, but inside I'm giggling since I never get it because of my iron stomach.

*mean*

I don't get travel sick. I read and play gameboy in cars with no problem for long stretches of time. Although because the roads suck here in Missouri, it's hard to read because of all the bumps the vehicle shakes, which makes it hard to read.
    lol signature

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    Do you get travel sickness? I do and it REALLY sucks ;__; If you do, have you got any good cures that actually work? When I was younger I tried loads of stuff but it didn't really help. Okay, maybe I should just learn that I cannot play my GBA whilst travelling. But gah, that's the point of it ;__;
    You can't play your GBA!! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't play mine whilst I was travelling! Maybe just sleep!

I've never been on a plain, but I've been on a ferry & trains (of course). I did feel a bit sick the first time I went on a train. Same goes for when I rode a ferry. Normally on the trains, it's the smell that makes me feel sick! I'm okay on ferries now though so I'm not sick anymore.

Hmmm. Cures... try to relax yourself, I know it's a bit silly, but if you ease your mind you might not feel as sick as much. Before you go on a long journey perhaps getting some good rest would help too!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    Every time you talk about it, I'm all nice and understanding, but inside I'm giggling since I never get it because of my iron stomach.

*mean*
    I seem to remember you feeling very sick on a bus to Bath about a year ago, and you weren't giggling then. Hehe. *giggles*
    rawr

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I actually get the opposite, I get stationary sickness. If I stare at the same point or am in the same position for a long period of time I start to feel nausea.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

i get car sick which is really bad considering i love travelling, i used to get really sick on car rides but now i can control it but i just cant go really long ride

I never really have had trouble with car rides, boats or aeroplanes.

Blog Entries

Whenever I travel back to Denmark (from the Philippines) I always get an upset stomach.
    The crappy food, the flight and the exhausting waiting, I hate waiting.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I only get travel sickness when I'm on a coach for some reason.

I'm fine when I'm in a car/bus or on a plane. *shrugs*
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"