Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why I think this is the worst game to ever bear the name "Final Fantasy"

Default Why Do People Hate this Game ?

Upon playing through the game again today I actually thought to myself
    This game rocks !
    The battle system is great.
    My favourite Job System is back from FF3 + 5
    Only bad thing about the game is the story which is not so bad

I think people hate it because of the stupid completion points...at least thats part of it. I hate the completion points, but other than that the game ain't half bad

It's awful on so many levels. The story is bland and uninteresting, the only time it promised anything was at the end of Chapter 3, where they pulled the same tired old plot twist out of their arse. It was good in FFIV, getting old by FFVIII. It's just cheap. The gameplay is basically hours of mini games. Mini games should be fun little gems to waste an hour or two on, perhaps a few more if you absolutely must complete everything in the game. A game made entirely out of sidequests and games was just frustrating and cheap.
    God, the music. The piano intro was alright, along with the two vocal tracks, but the rest was a mush of unmemorable garbage. I swear, I can remember maybe two other tracks off the top of my head.
    90% of the world was just taken from FFX. Fair enough, it's the same world, but please. I had had enough of Mi'hen Highroad, Mount Gagazet and Zanarkand the first time through. Isn't there anywhere else in Spira worth visiting? It's a shame, because the one location they actually bothered to change was quite nice. I'm of course refering to Killika. And is it just me, or did the locations that were exactly the same actually glitch more than in the original? The transition from high quality characters to the low budget blocky ones was much easier to notice too, especially if you keep your eye on Rikku's randomly pixelating earrings.
    And from what I can gather, of the story there was one major question - Who is this evil Tidus, and how does he relate to the good Tidus? I've completed the game, I'm sorry to say, but I still don't have a bloody clue. Was he the real Tidus? If so, why did the Fayth dream him to be nicer? Was Jecht kept the same, or did he have an evil(er) counterpart too? And there's something somewhat unformiddable about (SPOILER)the memory of an evil incarnate of a whiney teenage wanker. I was more intimidated by the religious bug, and that's saying hell of a lot.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Well personally i find there to be alot more good in FFX-2 then bad...i mean sure it probably has more flaws then any other FF but i think it pulls off everything quite nicely...i think the real problem is that pepole expect too much from the game...i mean honestly i dont think they were trying to blow us away (as fans) or aim for the best ff yet...they just made it for fun so i dont expect a die hard game that most might expect....i actually respect the game alot...i mean as we all know square enjoys trying new things and a sequel to an rpg is no exeption..thats quite difficult to pull off and personally i thought the game would blow but i enjoyed it alot...but Zifnab has his points too...theres alot of things cleared up and alot of things unanswered...im also still baffled on the whole "why tidus looks like shuyin" but o well....all in all..i like the game

I believe some peole hate it,because it's too "girly"..You know you have only 3 characters at the game who are girls...

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by senator_padme
    I believe some peole hate it,because it's too "girly"..You know you have only 3 characters at the game who are girls...
    I agree
    PEACE
    and
    LOVE

Tidus was a reincarnation of Shuyin whose actions helped to feed the war that would eventually last 2000 years. In case you forgot, Sin arose of "the pride" of humans in their technological advancements which flourished after the 2000 year war. After Zanarkand was decimated, it was another 1000 years before Tidus became a dream of the Fayth.

It's my opinion that you weren't paying attention to the story because you were too busy fuming in your hypocritical way over the massive differences X-2 had from X.

What I loved most was the battle system. Granted, the fiends were a little too easy, the world was old, the missions were nothing but distractions (guess what? You didn't have to complete them all to finish the game), and the music wasn't that impressive. When I went to gather a collection at that Sphere place, I could only pick out like 5 or so songs that I liked. I thought the rest were kinda boring. Nevertheless, most of the problems you're experiencing with the game have to be more than a little related to your personal discrimination against it. After all, it is still a great game.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-15-2005 at 10:27 AM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Tidus was a reincarnation of Shuyin whose actions helped to feed the war that would eventually last 2000 years. In case you forgot, Sin arose of "the pride" of humans in their technological advancements which flourished after the 2000 year war. After Zanarkand was decimated, it was another 1000 years before Tidus became a dream of the Fayth.

It's my opinion that you weren't paying attention to the story because you were too busy fuming in your hypocritical way over the massive differences X-2 had from X.
    Where does it say that? Quotes?

And what gave you that impression? I dislike the game because I don't feel any care put into it on Square's part. I'm not going to rave at it for being different unless the changes made were poor ones which, in my opinion, they were. I had to force myself to beat it once, simple as that.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Because it doesn't have Cloud and Sephiroth.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I didnt care that the three main characters were girls. I did care that the three main characters and the entire game and its theme were so bloody girly. it was irksome. I didnt enjoy the fights much. They werent very tacticul at all. I could easily just hold down the X button for 9/10 of the games fights and win easily. I enjoyed the ability change theme throughout the series but I didnt like how this game changed it from ability roles like mages and warriors and took it to fashionable costume changes (again with the girly *irks*) . I didnt like the music. Infact, I hated it. The opening piano was promising but the pop videos were so unbelievably bubble gum pop. I wouldnt have minded in most games but with how everything else was so girly in the game it was getting more and more like a 12 year old girls fantasy diary. I didnt like the open access to the whole world instantly. I like to make my way from place to place. I feel that strings a story together much nicer in a video game. I didnt like how the story had so little to do with X. It left me dissapointed. I mean it was X-2 so I think its fair to have some expectations. I didnt like how these two identical people from 2,000 years in the past had nothing to do with Tidus and Yuna. The game didnt say anything about Tidus being Shuyins reincarnation.

Personally I think most people were either extremely biased for or against the game to the point where both side is stupid. I know the game certainly wasnt as bad as Zfinab is trying to say and I think theres enough teenage fangirls throughout the X-2 forums. Have a look. Theyre easy to spot.

i liked FF X-2 yes i knw its a bit girly but it was slighly differnt to the other FF games with the battle system and dressspheres ok it also had bad points as well but i thought it was good

FFX-2 was horrible. First of all, I like games that are actually difficult, this game was pathetically easy. Second of all, the game was too girly (as posted in previous posts). Third, the music sucked (mainly because Nobuo Uematsu didnt do any of it). Fourth, the instant airship access and going anywhere you want in the beginning of the game was not fun.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

I doubt there being too many clantly clad women was most players problems. In fact, I think that may have helped SE sell more than say if they had Wakka dressing up too.
    Not ALL White Mages are girls!

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A big part of the reason that I hate this game is because it exists. I didn't want a sequel to FFX---the ending was perfect, beautiful. Dpressing, but that's why it was so damn good. And then Square Enix has to go on and be like any other big business, sucking us dry for more money when they announced this game. Urgh. FFX was perfectly fine the way it was. >=O!

I know change is good, but I did NOT like the changes they made in this game. This is, of course, mostly to do with the story and characters. I liked Yuna before, but in X-2 I hated her. She's way too happy. Yeah, good for her, whatever, shut hup. I preferred her more shy, and sincere, not happy-go-lucky. Sure it's been 2 years, but if that was me, I still wouldn't have gotten over Tidus' "death", no sir.

The game was just too damn happy for me. I like darker, more mature games, and while the X-2 had it's moments it was, overall, too much sunny fluffy bunny lalaland for me. Blegh. I want some ANGST.

They also compltely wrecked Rikku. I liked her in FFX, and then they fit her into the role of obnoxiously loud and girly character. Paine didn't interest me at all, either. Barely even got to know her; I couldn't have cared less if she died.

Like others said, the music sucked. It's not like that really matters to me, but when I don't like a game, that only brings it even further down. The only thing I liked about the game was the gameplay. Man, that was fun, battling, and the whole dressphre thing. VERY entertaining, I must say. But unfortunately that's not enough for me. Story/characters is/are everything to me. Sorry.

So that's why I hate this game.

--Box Box Box Box

Why I think this is the worst game to ever bear the name "Final Fantasy"

I feel I must say why I think that out of all the Final Fantasy games, that this is the worst of them all. Let me say that I have played every single one (Save XI, but I dont concider it a part of the series as more of a spin-off (Not that I think its bad) but still), so I can make a fair comparision. Anyway, I think this game is the biggest mistake Square has ever made and should not have ever been created. Heres a detailed explination of why.

First, lets go over the characters, starting with Yuna. I really liked her in X. She really was the ideal white mage/summoner for the Final Fantasy series. She was kind, caring, and noble. Yet somehow in X-2, she turns into this twin gun weilding pop singer. How in gods name does that transition? They took her wonderful character and turned her into someone you would see on MTV (which I hate with a passion, but thats anouther story).

Then theres Rikku. Personality wise, I'm glad she isn't to different. However, now they have her wearing this skimpy bikini like outfit. I personally liked her X outfit so much better, because it had a really cool thiefy/tech girl look to it (Something I love xD), yet here she looks like some reject Al Behd Baywatch star.

Paine.... she is really one of the very few almost redeaming factors of this game. Because I will always love fighter girls. A chick with a sword is always awesome to me. Sadly though, she still has to say some rather lame lanes. I mean, casting ice "Ice ice baby"... what the hell is that? Still, I concider her the lesser of the three whores of Square.

Now, the story. X had a good story, it was interesting and unique. It had a lot of cool things about it, and at the end it was a moving emotional conclusion to the great story. But X-2 completely butchered it. The story for X was done, it was finished, but they had to add in some redicoulous (sp?) Charlies Angels plot to it mixed with some cheap story that some 13 year old would come up with as Fan fiction.

And the music..... ughh, worst soundtrack ever! I mean, Real Emotion? What the hell is THAT?! The Japanese version is somewhat toleratable but the english version is HORRIBLE. There are some merely ok tracks on X-2, but nothing above that. Especially the battle the victory music. The battle music seriously got on my nerves to no end. All the battle songs from I to X was great, catchy, and would get stuck in your head for hours to come. This only gave me a headache for hours to come. And the victory music... first time I heard it I though "....wtf**k". I'm sorry but putting 70s music (not the good kind, the horrible kind) in Final Fantasy and cheap pop just doesn't work for me at all.

Then theres the blatant sex appeal. This game is WAY to slutty for a Final Fantasy game. Theres to much emphasis on the femanism of the characters, to many skimpy cloths, and to just to much girlyness (By that certain meaning, I refer to for instance the bathing scene...). Two outfits I hate the most are the Samuari and the Thief outfit. Thieves dont wear a lot so they can easily move, but they dont wear THAT revealing of clothing. And the Samuari sphere.... that is just a total and complete insult to a very honorable warrior code, Square should seriously be ashamed of themselves.

There are some things that would be redeaming factors, but sadly are over-shadowed by its flaws. I mean, I loved the idea of an opened ended Final Fantasy, and I loved the idea of changing classes on the fly . In addition, I liked the idea of an all girl Final Fantasy. Seriously, I thought playing as three cool girls would be great. So I decided to give this game an honest try and have about 5 hours of gameplay on it. But sadly there was just not enough good to overshadow the many bad. The sex appeal, terrible music, butchered story and setting, and just plain god awfulness of it was too much.

Simply put, I think this is game was a huge mistake and should never have been made. I'm sorry, but I would much rather play Mystic Quest than play X-2, because it is an insult to this great series that I love so dearly.

Ok, that concludes my rant.... I look forward to the hate PMs XP
    "If only I were a woman" -Some guy in Fable