Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .hack//G.U.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Default .hack//G.U.

"LOS ANGELES, CA – May 18 2005 – Bandai Games Inc. today announced ".hack//G.U." for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Following the success of the four-volume ".hack" series that sold over 1.7 million copies worldwide, the latest iteration will feature a new cast of characters and an original storyline. Developed by Cyber Connect 2, ".hack//G.U." will launch in Japan and North America in 2006."
    In the .hack universe, the G.U. series will take place in the year 2017, seven years after the events of the previous four titles. Since the events of the previous games, a cataclysmic event has caused "The World" (that is, the MMORPG that the player encounters) to begin to evolve on its own. "PKs" (player killers) are now roaming the world, though it is not sure how they have come to be. Essentially, "The World" has become more unstable and uncontrollable. Yet, people keep playing.
    ".hack//G.U. is actually planned to be not one game, but three. However, unlike the previous four .hack games, these three "G.U." games will be their own game. Matsuyama commented that the previous four games were different only in regards to the plotline, but shared basically the same graphics, environments, music, etc. However, the G.U. titles will each have their own environments, new characters for each game, and new music. In other words, each game will truly be a separate game, not three parts to the same game (as many fans found to be the case of INFECTION through QUARANTINE). We were also told that the first part of the three-part G.U. series is already larger than the four previous games combined, which should allow for a longer and more enjoyable game experience."
    http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/gu/index.html

I thought some people here would be interested to hear this news. I personally can't wait to be drawn back to The World.

Just some other info. This takes place 8 Years after .hack//Sign, 7 years after the other games and 4 years after .hack//Legend of the Twilight manga.

From the trailer(which can be found somewhere within the link I posted) it looks like there is an Evil Kite running around.

My clock on Quarantine is like 110 hours, really gonna be more? >_>

Seriously, that's cool though. Can't wait!

I'm looking forward to this. I especially want to know the resolve of Legend of the Twilight. Any news on a release date?

HOLY CRAP KITE IS EVIL!

I watched the trailer. Me wanty T-T

When does it come out?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xalioniaf
    I'm looking forward to this. I especially want to know the resolve of Legend of the Twilight. Any news on a release date?
    If you are thinking of the horrid anime then you can forget that. It isn't the real story. The real story is the manga and they had a jolly good time hanging out with Aura after they sucessfully beat the minor odds that got in their way and returned Zefie(Aura's daughter).

As for when it comes out. Sometime next year I believe.

I personally think that the Evil Kite is a variant A.I. Kind of like the a lot of the things that run around in the Net Slums...except not quite so deformed and more simulatory.

I think when they said longer than all the other games then that doesn't include your sidequesting. The games take about 15 on average at the most to beat.

Next.... year? *Goes off to wander soulessly*

Well, I now I know what my next sig theme will be.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Looking at the evil Kite, I am also thinking that he's a vagrant AI, just because I know the personality of the normal Kite. Another possibility is that it is one of the phases, much as (SPOILER)Sora became Skeith, only they are using his normal form, to a point. I hope you can actually fight like that in the game.

BeLIEve me! My name is...something..?'s Avatar

Whoo-hoo!! Looks pretty sweet!! Can't wait.
    The itching sensation is a good thing.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hope you aren't just restricted to a Twin Blade. The character you see that appears to be the main character looked like he's using a bunch of different weapon styles, perhaps he's the "Fighter" class they mentioned was added in the Legend of the Twilight manga.

Im excited. I really hope it will be packed with references to the first four games and sign. Hopefully the gameplay will be much improved but if its not I wont mind much.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    Looking at the evil Kite, I am also thinking that he's a vagrant AI, just because I know the personality of the normal Kite. Another possibility is that it is one of the phases, much as (SPOILER)Sora became Skeith, only they are using his normal form, to a point. I hope you can actually fight like that in the game.
    (SPOILER)I thought Sora just got trapped inside of Skeith's weapon.

The gameplay should be new. They said each game will be different so I would image it will not be like the other games.

Also you were never restricted to just the twin blade in the other games(most of the time). You could choose to control another character. I tried the heavy blade and mage. They sucked! I stuck with the twin blade the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Also you were never restricted to just the twin blade in the other games(most of the time). You could choose to control another character. I tried the heavy blade and mage. They sucked! I stuck with the twin blade the rest of the game.
    wait WTF? Is that a joke?

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you serious? How do you do that?

I forget since it has been quite a while. Something in the menu system with you party lead. I have to go do something things now but I will be sure to pop the game in and figure it out again. Its no joke though.

eh im a .hack fan for sure but I wish they would actually make an mmorpg ^_^ im just waiting for the .hack//world or somethihng