View Poll Results: What next gen system looks the best?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstation 3

26 57.78%
  • Xbox 360

5 11.11%
  • Nintendo Revolution

13 28.89%
  • None of them, I think they all look bad...

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What next gen system looks the best?

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Which next gen system case design looks the best?

Forget the hardware/software specs and the games that will be on them for just a minute. Which of the 3 next generation systems do you think has the coolest case design?

Here are some pictures of each, in case you haven't seen them yet. lol

More Playstation 3 Pics

More Xbox 360 Pics

More Nintendo Revolution Pics

And as a side topic, what one do you think is the ugliest/strangest looking? And maybe, how could it be improved?
    Or even, did you like some of those famous (fan made) concept designs, that were floating the internet about a year ago, better?

My opinion: I think the Playstation 3 looks the best, And the Nintendo Revolution looks 2nd best to me.lol
    I think the PS3's 3 colors look great too, and I soo want the black one.
    At first, honestly, I thought the PS3 looked like a scanner. But after I got over that, I really liked it... I can still kind of see features reminicant of the PS2 design in it, like as if the PS3 is related to it. lol So I think thats cool.
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 05-23-2005 at 03:00 AM.
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I think they all look pretty cool, but PS3 looks the most futuristic. I agree about the 360.

I like the look of the Nintendo Revolution the best personally, it's incredibly small and reminds me of a computer drive, very nice. I like the PS3 too but I'm not a fan of the controller, I thought they would always stick with the original PS controller design, which I thought was basically flawless. Uh... I'm not liking the Xbox in terms of anything including the look. But I will admit, it looks better than the last one.

Playstation 3
    Pros:
    - Nice curves.
    - Sexay futuristic design.
    Cons:
    - Curved top makes it look like a George Foreman grill.
    - Curved bottom makes it look like a rocking chair.

XBOX 360
    Pros:
    - Slender and simplistic.
    - It's less chunky than the first XBOX.
    Cons:
    - Green on white? Spew.
    - The curves make it look like it was run through a photoshop squeeze filter.

Revolution
    Pros:
    - Small and shiny.
    - Simple and sleek.
    Cons:
    - Flat and boxy.
    - Plain and sterile.

I voted for they all stink.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, does the PS3 look like ass or what?

I like the looks of the Revolution. Nothing crazy there.

They all look awful, especially the PS3 controller, the PS2 one was bland, lifeless and awkward enough to use anyway, why extend that fact?

Articles

I'm not a big fan of the PS3's design, personally, but maybe it'll grow on me. It's not too outrageous, and it's not too dated - it's just not very good. I like both the XBox 360's concaves and overall design, and the Revolution's minimalist, sleek, modern design.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The PS3 looks like what people in the '70s and '80s thought "futuristic" looked like. I like to think we have a little more sense these days.

The Revolution is my favorite by far. It's small and glossy and right-angled and all-business and it will make your dreams come true.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'd say I like the Revolution's look the best, while the PS3 isn't too bad. The Xbox 360 controller is what I'd want to use the most, though. It looks really solid. The PS3 controller looks like crap, and I hope Sony changes it.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I've dated better looking things than the Xbox 360, sadly.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Revolution by far. It is simple and sleek.

PS3 looks like it will roll over and crash. Not a fan of the oval design.

X-Box 360...nothing out of the ordinary. Not bad but no horrible either.

1)Revolution
    2)XBox 360
    9823502) PS3

Seriously...as bad as the original XBox design is, the PS3 is still worse.

The XBox 360 has the most inviting design, the Revolution is the most simplistic, and the PS3 is the most futuristic. Depending on what mood I'm in, I think that would change my answer. Although I definitely do not like the PS3 controller - doesn't look very functional at all; looks more like a renegade artist killed his engineer partner and built the damn thing himself.

edit: The PS3 looks very bulky compared to the XBox 360, which looks bulky compared to the Revolution. Points off respectively for each system for that.

i like the ps3... strangely enuf it looks as though u could easily store the xbox 360 right on top, they work like puzzle pieces... ^_^
    Xbox is the worst cuz... well, they put the logo in the crappiest place ive ever seen, not to mention, its just isnt futury enuf, its something i would see in the 90s.

Revolution would be inbetween, its kinda lame looking if you ask me, theres just not much to it, though i do like the edgy-ness and the glow about it ^_^ its kinda cute if u get it in pink.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

I honestly can't say any of the systems are beautiful, but I do like the PS3 more than the others. and I like the Rev cause its simple and black!
    As I've said before, we wont know how the controllers feels, until we try them, but this isn't about the controller, its about the case design.

I'm not sure from just pictures, but I would say the PS3 is a little bigger than the PS2, by just a little. I could be wrong though...
    Don't forget to check all the angles of the consoles!
    Note, that the PS3 can stand on it's side! If you look at the bottom of the PS3, you can see that its got the same style of lower section the PS2 had... Think of a PS2, with the top curved and make it shinnier, thats pretty much it lol. Although I think with the new CD slot, rather than a CD tray, sitting on its side will work better too.

I think the reason I like the PS3 and Rev so much is cause they shinny and black! lol I dont like white on electronics, or tan computer cases... or the way macs look. XD Honestly, if the 360 was a shinny dark color, I might think of it differently... but that button, the colors, the silver drive that sticks out... it just doesn't look very good at all.

If I had no idea what either console was... if they were just a bunch of things in front of me, that I never heard of, or didn't know what they even did... and I could take only one, I would sooo pick the PS3! Its that cool looking to me!
    Soo shinny! *becomes hypnotized by teh shinniness*

*notices that no one has clicked 360 yet...* LOL
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 05-23-2005 at 07:41 AM.
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Hmmm, this is a hard choice... =3

As much as I love Nintendo, I'd still have to say that Sony's PS3 looks a LOT better than any of the others... It looks better than any console I've owned in the past like 10 years! lol

I don't know what Microsoft was thinking when they designed the 360's case... but I hope I never get ideas like that... @_@
    I wonder if they were taking design tips from Macs. X3 god those colors are terrible... X3