Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [A] Quicksketch thread!

Grin

Here we go~

Click on 'em to make them bigger~

Digital sketchbook:

Real sketchbook:

(I hate this one ^ x.x But, I'm going to finish it... I have a lot more shading to do and detailing, especially in Jeremy's hair... 10 hours so far (it's still a sketch! Just look at it x.x)... 30-45 hours once finished >.> )

FFVII Analysis... SEXIFIED! :O

I love my Squall of SeeD / Squall / Glenn / Belle-Bambi / Glennevieve / Bishie / Mr. Scientist Man / Duck-Lover / Geeky Boi / Okies with all my heart.

Luthien Rouge: It's been said - but I'll say it again: You're so damn good! Man! You're my new idol! ^^ The picture of Jeremy is fantastic.
    Maybe you could give me some hints on how to make my characters more realistic ^^'

Snoozer: Love the picture! It's waaay cool! ^_^

Shimeng -- You're the one who does pencil drawings of people, right? Realistic pencil portrait tips...

First, draw on a large surface--the bigger, the better. Use artist quality paper, if you can, so that the paper won't turn yellow over time. I use a 2B .5 mechanical pencil to sketch the picture lightly, and to add details.

Try to get everything as perfect as you can before shading... a good way to do this is to either look at your picture in a mirror (do this as often as you can), or scan your picture into your pc and flip the image; this let's you see your picture from a new perspective, and errors will be emphasized greatly. Also, you have to teach yourself to draw what you see, and not what you think you see; what I mean by this is, we grow up thinking "Eyes look this way; mouths look that way" etc--you can see this by looking at any amateurs' art, as features will look rather similiar--and we have to try to ignore those "rules." Did you ever make one of those pictures in school where you're given a bunch of little squares, and you're told where to draw them on the corresponding grid? Anyone can do those and make a decent picture because they have no idea what they're drawing, and therefore, they are forced to draw what they SEE. Same goes for drawing a picture upside down... this is all good practice.

Ooook, so once you've done that, you can start shading. You don't lay down shades in one go; rather, build them up, layer-by-layer, starting with the lightest shades. I use a 9B pencil for shading--laying a thin layer down, and then taking a soft-bristled paintbrush to it in soft, even strokes to blend the shades and get a smooth surface. For smaller areas, I use a tortillion/stomp/blending stump (search Google for "tortillion" to get a tut on how to make your own). If you need a darker shade, get a softer pencil; do NOT use a hard pencil and push harder... this will compact the particles in the paper and leads to a shiny surface. After some time, the paper may become smooth and therefore the graphite won't stick; if this happens, use a Spray Fixative over your piece. Fixative will help prevent smudging, and also add some texture to your piece.

For light hair, I add pure "colour" to the paper, and then erase selective areas. I use a stick eraser (sharpened with a knife) and a kneaded gum eraser/blue sticky tack.

Most importantly, do not rush... good pencil portraits often take 40+ hours to complete. Add every detail, such as wrinkles, skin imperfections, stray hairs, etc.

WOW! It's 7:30am and I've yet to get any sleep......... hopefully I made SOME sense >_>

Aaaand see ya!

I love my Squall of SeeD / Squall / Glenn / Belle-Bambi / Glennevieve / Bishie / Mr. Scientist Man / Duck-Lover / Geeky Boi / Okies with all my heart.

Luthien Rouge, i love the angel pulling on the heart strings! Its so clear and crisp! Excellent work *hides own*

*bows*
    Thank you so much for taking the time, Luthien Rouge. I will remeber your words and try to apply them as soon as I sit down to draw again.
    Last edited by Shimeng; 09-02-2005 at 09:27 AM.

You guys all rock.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Damn Luthien! Those pieces are epic. I demand more!
    B-E-N-D-E-R BEEENNNDER! B-E-N-D-E-R BEEEENNNDER!

I could use these tips too...Iv still got a long way to go befor posting another pic. (i only spent about 1hr on my work at the most XD)

I love SNOOZER's style SO very much. ^_^ And it goes without saying but Luthien's work is outstanding. o.o

Silly little sketch I started being funny but then I decided to draw an insane chick then I realized she looked like Asuka in the face so I continued forth with that idea and BAM, Asuksa going nuts in her pretty little yellow sundress. I'm coloring it now but I'm limited with supplies right now seeing as how I'm poor.

I'm sad that it turned in to more of a sketch than a serious work since I love the angle and all; would have taken more time to actually pay attention to fingers and such. =/ I think this will be a work I'll redo one day once I get my water colors back. Oh well. Hatching/cross hatching is my fav anyhow.

It shows a bit of her ass soooooooo . . . as usual I won't take offense if its taken off the board. ^_^ Sorry if it causes trouble.

Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Lol, ok. P:

Speed-painting concepts for an MMORPG called SanctusLegacy.com (join teh forums! :O) :

(haha sorry about the quick watermark XDDD)

Unfinished, horrible anatomy... just getting a feel for the characters and how they'll look.

Perhaps I'm a bit of an abstract freak, I adore the unfinished look in the first one. Then in the second even though the fingers look a little disportioned, I love it. ^_^ It gives him that sly, slick look for some reason and matches his expression lovely.

Inspiring works, indeed.

Double Post of doom.

I just sketch this in the last hour-ish. ^_^

Its Seras from Hellsing ( THE MANGA ) for those who are curious.

=^_^=

JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

these are awesome guys! if i had a scanner or digital camera i would definately post sum of my stuff but.......i dont. i have alot of sephiroth sketches.SEPHY!

sig made by me