Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!

Actually Carragher told him to do it. They had a fairly lenghty conversation about it after extra time. It's good to see that postmodernism has found its way into football too.... :rolleyes2

Wow, what a game. Being a liverpool fan since before i can remember i was living and breathing every moment of the game in istanbul. I dont think there are words to decribe the emotional rollercoaster that i was taken through that night, but i loved every minute of it. okay, when crespo scored the first i dont think many of us beleived we could actually come back and win, but as i pointed out to one of my friends "remember basle, its been done once, it can be done again" for those of you that dont know, liverpool where 3-0 down to basle and came back to draw 3-3.

would have been out there, but it was just way to expensive.

back to the game, when dudek made that double save i knew deep down that we had won, but i didnt want to jinx it by saying "we've got this in the bag now" or somethign to that effect. and yeah, jamie was getting jerzy very fired up for the shootout, and told him to remember what grobbelar had done, and dudeks was just as effective, if not more. never fancied shevy to score his pen to be honest.
    AMBITION MAKES YOU LOOK PRETTY UGLY

KICKING SQUEALING GUCCI LIL PIGGY
    Phew, for a minute there, i lost myself

There is now a tribute dance routine to Dudek.

Look out for Du the Dudek.....coming to dancefloor near you!

I remember Basle, I remember us coming back from 3-0 down and still going out of the Champions League. At least this comeback reaped the reward it so thoroughly deserved.

i don't think 1st round is a reward, i think it's a punch in the belly.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

lol there is indeed, and a tribute song lol.

and yeah, we still went out after that great comeback, but as you said, we got what we deserved this time around.

who you reckon is comin in this summer then. Hopefully, reina, kuyt, milito and a right winger needs to be a priority as well. We also need a couple of squad players, maybe youngsters. if we are going to be playing these early games, the christmas period of games could really take it out of us, especially after the world club cup in japan, if we go that is.

i don't think 1st round is a reward, i think it's a punch in the belly.
    I was talking about winning the trophy and the £20 million reward. Someone thinks the cup is half empty I think.

Ste, as long as we don't spend £7 million on that donkey Crouch, I trust Rafa entirely in the transfer market. I've not seen much of Kuyt to be honest, but we are in need of a strong centre forward so either him or Andy Johnson. I think Robbie Keane would be a good alternative.

Reina looks a done deal. So that's good. And Milito is solid so hopefully he'll join to but there is as you say a desperate need for a right winger. I'd love to say SWP, but I can't see us shelling out 16 million for him. We missed out on Routledge who would have been good so it looks as though we'll have to go abroad. Schweinsteiger would be nice in a fantasy world, but I imagine Rafa will plug the gap with someone from the Spanish league. Don't know who.

people keep bad mouthing crouch but he is a good player he may not be tip top, but clubs win trophys as teams not individual superstars ala real madrid, and i have seen nothing of kyut.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Crouch isn't a bad player, no. But he isn't good enough to play for Liverpool imo. If you want to win the league you need the best players you can get, and £7m is far to much to spend on a player like Crouch. I don't think he's even worth £5m.

If Liverpool do buy a striker, i'd bet it's someone from Spain. Fernando Torres, would be a nice, but it'd probably cost us our entire summer transfer budget, to buy him from Atletico Madrid.

Did anyone read that michael owen wants to transfer to united.

I know this is off topic, but I find it interesting
    Last edited by Dianom; 06-20-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Life is a game the more u play the more u enjoy!

No he doesn't. It's tabloid speculation. Owen would never join United.

Quote Originally Posted by NM
    Crouch isn't a bad player, no. But he isn't good enough to play for Liverpool imo. If you want to win the league you need the best players you can get, and £7m is far to much to spend on a player like Crouch. I don't think he's even worth £5m.
    Couldn't agree more. He has had one good season in his entire career and the media have hyped him as some kind of superfreak. For a man of his height, he is useless in the air and while he has a good first touch and an eye for goal he's never worth the kind of money being touted in a thousand years.

We do need the best we can get right, and Crouch isn't the best we can get by a long way. We're the European Champions for christs sake.

Yeah, 7 million for an average striker from a championship side is taking extortionate to the upper limits. 10 million for andy johnson is also taking the michael in my opinion. dont rate him that high. everyone forgets he is the main man in a team that normally plays 1 up front, course hes gonna get 10 goals from open play in a season.

kuyt would be a great buy, maybe getting rid of dudek in the deal. hopefully get shot of baros. Quit while we still have the good memories. Jerzy will leave a legend, instead of what he was before, a blundering, but occasionally great goalie.

routledge would have been awesome but yeh i trust rafa to snap someone up. Mark Gonzalez was supposed to be coming (20 year old right winger who is unbeleivably quick) but did his cruiciate knee ligs in so that looks unlikely now.

i damn well hope michael doesnt go to manure, i dont think he would. he better not.

Apparently Baros now wants to stay...god help us all. He couldn't hit a barn door if his nose was touching it.

You guys don't appreciate the talents of Baros!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomamar04
    You guys don't appreciate the talents of Baros!!!
    Baros is a good player. Trouble is he isn't consistent enough, except when he plays for the Czech Republic. He did play well the first part of last season, but after Christmas he scored about 3 goals in all competitions. He may of been injured for a month or so, but when he was playing he missed some real sitters.

I think he's a decent player, but theres no way he's going to sign a new contract so imo, it's best to sell him now rather then let him walk for nothing next summer. Plus I think Cisse and Morientes will be the first choice strikers next season. So unless there's another serious injury crisis, like last season, I don't think Baros will be playing that much.

I hope not. There's only so many times my tolerance levels will allow me to sit through one of his howlers without developing tourettes.