Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: LIVERPOOL WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!

13 goals before he got injured.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

And then only 3 in over 20 appearances afterwards. He's not good enough, simple as. Owen could hit 20 a season even with injuries. He's had his chance to be Liverpool's first choice striker and he failed to prove himself. Time to move on.

Bad form doesn't make him useless, his pre christmas form clearly shows his talent. Give him time and he may rediscover his ability to score.

Owen is special.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Of course bad form makes him useless. What good is a player who has bad form. It's not like his form before xmas was incredible. He scored 9 goals in 26 league games last season, two of them were penalties. He struggles against good teams, if you look at who he actually scored against, barring Monaco and Leverkusen (his last goal for Liverpool this season), the best team he scored against was Man City. The more I look at his performances from last season, the more of a case I find against him.

Sell him while people still are under the Houllier inspired illusion that he's any good, and get our transfer money back. He cost £3.6 million, I'd be happy if he went for that or more.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

i just Hope Owen doesn't go to Manchester United he could ruin himself just because t5he club is good doesn't mean the player is treated good sheez look at what madrid did to him he needs to go to a team who will have him on the first team most of the time treat him great and have a player with a legendery status to play with though i cannot think of any teams and i cannot see him go to Newcastle, he'll probably go to bloody Chelsea

Owen is a good player he hasnt got good talent because he hasnt had chance to push himself he just gives in when its too hard hes a really good player but he is like a flat ball if he doesnt get some air hell be useless

LET THE HAMMER FALL

The thing with Milan is that he has no thoughts what so ever. He'll pick the ball up and run with it, maybe pass it off but probably shoot or get tackled. This can be a good thing, but its not what we need. When he played off Koller in Euro 2004 he was brilliant, but he just cant do it for us. Occassionally he is great, but he just cant do it consistently overa season. His runs arent particularly intelligent either and when he isnt on form his finishing is damn near awful (remember the derby, 3 missed one on ones then gets himself sent off)

If we get an offer of upwards of 5 or 6 mill then he is on his bike. expecially since rafa will be wanting to oust a few players to get some more money in the transfer kitty. baros going will undoubtedly be the best thing for the club.

on the owen thing, he needs to be the number one striker, he wont be at man u, nistelrooy and rooney, so he will be playing only a slightly more important role than he does at real.
    AMBITION MAKES YOU LOOK PRETTY UGLY

KICKING SQUEALING GUCCI LIL PIGGY
    Phew, for a minute there, i lost myself

For my money he is better than Van Nistelrooy, especially this season. But you're right, out of the frying pan and into the fire doesn't seem particularly intelligent and Owen isn't stupid. But where does he go? Personally, I think he'll stay and fight for his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste
    The thing with Milan is that he has no thoughts what so ever. He'll pick the ball up and run with it, maybe pass it off but probably shoot or get tackled.
    That just about sums Baros up for me. Good post.