Thread: Chrono Trigger-Chrono Cross connections

Default Chrono Trigger-Chrono Cross connections

Im playing Chrono Trigger right now and Im just after receiving the Chrono Trigger item. Hopefully that will show how far I am in the game. Well what I really want to know is unlike other RPG's with sequels where the sequel takes place a few thousand years in the future Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger are interwoven because of the time travelling part of the game. What I want to know is what references to Chrono trigger does Chrono Cross have (I havent played Chrono Cross) What characters from the old appear in the new game. Ive seen Glenn as a playable character (which is Frog from Chrono Trigger right?) Are there any other characters like Schala, Janus or Lavos who appear in the game? Not that theres much need for them with Serge and Kid but do Chrono and Marle appear? I think i even saw Luccas name in the opening but maybe Im wrong.

you see Chibi-Like versions of Crono, Lucca and Marle. and Glenn isn't Frog, he said that he was named after an ancient warrior which is obviously Frog. then there's a character named Guile that i a bit similar to Magus. I think that you also get to see Epoch in the background somewhere in the Game.

Schala appears when you defeat Lavos with the Chrono Cross by doing the music thing, which I obviously did cause it's awesome. And Kid is Schala's daughter or something like that. Lucca adopted her (Kid) and some other kids and then Lynx came and burned the house where Lucca died. It isn't really chibi-like versions but mostly kids, you see Crono, Marle and Lucca as kids in Chronopolis right next to the Bell from Guardia.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Kidd is a part of Schala, not her daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    then there's a character named Guile that i a bit similar to Magus.
    While Guile bears a number of superficial similarities to Magus, there is nothing within CC that actually suggests that they are one and the same, or even that there is a direct connection. Admittedly, Guile is probably modeled after Magil in Radical Dreamers, who was strongly implied to be Magus. However, the events of RD completely conflict with those of CC, and Magil can be assumed to be simply the basis for the character of Guile anyway. In short, Guile is not Magus.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    I think that you also get to see Epoch in the background somewhere in the Game.
    (SPOILER)There is a machine in the basement of Viper Manor that resembles the Epoch; however, it is not actually the same machine, as the vehicle in the basement has room for only one passsenger. This is the Neo-Epoch, built by Balthasar to travel to the years that followed 1000 AD to observe the effects of the Time Crash.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Kidd is a part of Schala, not her daughter.
    (SPOILER)Not entirely. To be more accurate, Kid is a clone of Schala, created by Schala after encountering Lavos in the Darkness Beyond Time.

To reply to the original thread, I would recommend that you play Chrono Cross before asking how it actually relates to Chrono Trigger. There are a vast number of references (as CC is a true sequel to CT), and you should be able to recognize most of them having played CT. However, learning too much before actually playing CC might take some of the enjoyment out of the experience. Suffice it to say that both CT and CC are among gaming's finest achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    To reply to the original thread, I would recommend that you play Chrono Cross before asking how it actually relates to Chrono Trigger. There are a vast number of references (as CC is a true sequel to CT), and you should be able to recognize most of them having played CT. However, learning too much before actually playing CC might take some of the enjoyment out of the experience. Suffice it to say that both CT and CC are among gaming's finest achievements.
    *european* No CC for me ; ;

What system is CC for anyway? PS2?

Playstation 1.