Thread: Ripping Audio from Video?

Default Ripping Audio from Video?

Does anybody know how to rip the audio from a quicktime video? I am not doing this for illegal reasons. The thing is, my computer doesn't have a sound card so I can't hear the sounds of this Advent Children trailerI want to watch. So, I want to rip the audio from the video, put it in my iPod and play it while watching the video :P

Sounds stupid, I know, but does anyone know how to do it? Please help! I really want to hear the sounds!!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

you could use the thing that kane pointed out at some point, of recording the input from the stereo source, but I dunno how that works when you have a broken soundcard.

Is there any program that can record sound made by the computer? The only part of my soundcard that is broken is the one that connects with the speaker, I think the other components are all right? What's the thing that kane pointed out?

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Start > run > sndrec32 if you don't feel like finding some better audio recording program. You'll have to hit record a few times so that it allows you to record long enough, and it will let you save as a .wav

And then there is Death

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Does that work though if there's no sound card in the computer to record from, even if you're recording from wave out?

Assuming mplayer can play the file though (look under Windows Releases to download it), you can use that to play the file and save the audio to disk at the same time Being command line based though, it's not that easy to do
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Thanks so much for the help everyone! Rion was so nice that he gave me the file!! Thanks again everyone!!