Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats Chrono Cross about?

Default Whats Chrono Cross about?

:?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alternate universes split by some super computer. I didn't really understand it myself. Play Chrono Trigger instead.

By super computer do you mean the frozen flame?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There was something about a big computer in there somewhere.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, different parallell worlds and travelling between them and fixing stuff and meeting lots of people so they can join your party and leave your party over and over again. Oh, and the main character has blue hair.

with really big eyes, and when he isnt talking, his mouth its really small, but when he does, itys redicoulusly huge! But some average joe teenager finds a rift in the fabric of the universe and is transported to a second reality without his existance and he hops back and forht to save humanity.

63% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Well its like this you the main character cheated his fate... he was sopposed to die. becouse of that history gets messed up cuz he was supposed to die but he didnt so he is still alive to save the world . thats it in a really smallnut shell. if you played the game you know there is a lot more to it then that but thats the basic idea.

I suggest playing the game again and taking your time. I can't remember all the details myself, but i know there were points in the game where I literally outloud said, " that's cool!" lol. And i understood the whole thing when i took my time. And make sure you get the best ending by freeing Marle. It won't take as long the second time thanks to the ol' time egg thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Mad
    I suggest playing the game again and taking your time. I can't remember all the details myself, but i know there were points in the game where I literally outloud said, " that's cool!" lol. And i understood the whole thing when i took my time. And make sure you get the best ending by freeing Marle. It won't take as long the second time thanks to the ol' time egg thing.
    I cant play it, its not out in Europe. And do you mean Harle? Or is Marle really in it? (if she is please do tell)

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh. that sucks, being in europe an all, not that europe sucks, but chrono cross is great. and i agree, take your time with the game and youll love it. maybe try getting it on ebay or something? i got mine from amazon.com

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrayZ
    oh. that sucks, being in europe an all, not that europe sucks, but chrono cross is great. and i agree, take your time with the game and youll love it. maybe try getting it on ebay or something? i got mine from amazon.com
    Id have done that long ago if it would work Id need to have a chip put in my playstation to make american games (Ntsc) work on my european (pal) system which can damage your PS2.Hopefully one day PS1 games will be downloadable as easily as Snes games. thats how I played Chrono Trigger.

Marle's in the game, but not until the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    What is she doing in the game exactly? Whats her role? Are there any pictures or screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    What is she doing in the game exactly? Whats her role? Are there any pictures or screenshots?
    Like I said, its been a long time since I played the game, and its a pretty confusing game. I believe she had something to do with Kid's origin, and in the very end you have to (SPOILER)Rescue her in the final battle with Lavos... Or was it Lavos spawn?

That's not Marle at the end; it's Schala. After Crono and his time-travelling companions dispatched Lavos at the end of CT, the alien being wound up in the Darkness Beyond Time, arguably a resting place for dead timelines. In the original timeline, Schala was able to escape the Ocean Palace disaster, but, when time was rewritten by Crono and the gang, the situation changed. Apparently, Schala was thrown through a Gate and also wound up in the Darkness Beyond Time, where she merged with Lavos to become a new, more powerful entity known as the Time Devourer. Before losing all control to the Time Devourer, Schala managed to send a clone of herself, Kid, through to the world, in the hopes that Kid might one day help save her from her fate, and the world from the Time Devourer. Kid was discovered by Lucca, who had opened the orphanage. Later on, the Time Devourer would also engulf the Dragon God, essentially a biological machine built by the Reptites (who evolved to the Dragonians) in their Timeline.

Marle does make a brief appearance in CC; an apparition of her appears before Serge and company take on the Time Devourer in the Darkness Beyond Time.

I'll try to write a summary of CC later; I don't have time at the moment.