Thread: "Abyss Of The Farplane"

Grin "Abyss Of The Farplane"

I'm not so sure where to put this so I put it here. I'm planning to make my own homepage based on Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. it called "Abyss Of The Farplane". can anyone give some tips on how to added pictures, mp3s, videos, and those kind of stuff on my homepage. and if it possible, how can I put a song in the background of the website. some extra help would be nice

Those 1000 words have never been spoken.....

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This is better off in the Help Forum.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

first of all im sure you know you need your own person webspace. you could then use a program such as CoffeeCup that lets you use HTML code and Visual code. put all the files you want to use for your website in the same folder. create a new file in CoffeeCup and name it index.htm or index.html. then you just need to insert a link to your mp3 file or whatever it is you want. then you need to get FTP. download a basic version if you can, as the complicated ones just discourage you from going any further and "upload" all the files from your folder into your personal webspace.

im not sure which of parts of this information you need so i just gave you a full short guide on how to create a website.
    im sorry that this is not too detailed but its all i can do at the moment.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

For the love of all that is holy, don't put in any mp3 background music. Use amazing images, clean fonts, stylish colors and the like, but don't use large audio files.

They use tons of bandwidth, make your page load slowly (especially for dialup users), and often are very annoying, especially if someone accidentally has their computer speakers turned up when the music in the page suddenly starts playing.

Other than that, Croyles gave good advice. Find yourself a good HTML editor, (such as CoffeeCup) and you can bascially visually build your website and the editor will write the HTML code for you. You may also want to create a separate folder for your images, just to keep the html files separate from the image files.

Oh, and for images...use web-friendly image formats like JPeG, GIF, and PNG (don't use BMP, etc...) and make sure your images are not too large as they may cause the pages on your site to load more slowly.