Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blitzball Computer Game

Default Blitzball Computer Game

What do you think about bringing out a blitzball game??????

i think it would be hugely popular on all formats
    Last edited by lord of odin; 05-31-2005 at 02:11 PM.
    PREPARE FOR ODINS RAGE:magus:

Big Thanks To Jess For This Sig

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

cool idea.that would be half decent its probbably the best mini game in FF ever so why not.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Hey come one. They brought a goddamn harrypotter quidditsch or whatsoever game so I think it would be a great idea to bring out a blitzball game. Actually that idea roks!

ooooooo..............i'll play it!!!!gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sig is by -apollo-! behold his power!!!!
    -Apollo- is awesome!!!!!!!XD

and also this is 10000 times better than that frikkin quiddich game so why not.

Blog Entries

Oh. My. God.

Trust a band of fanboys to think of this. A blitzball game would be quite frankly, crap. It was in FFX as a MINI-GAME. MINI is in the title. It means it's something to do other than the game. The controls were fiddly, it got boring, and there was only about 6 teams.

Square lost it's pride when they released the filth that is FFX-2, and releasing yet another spin-off to a fairly average Final Fantasy game would bring it lower than it already is.

Anyway they already tried this with Choobo Racing for PS1, and it turned out to be rubbish. Roll on another cock-up from Square.

P.S: The Harry Potter Quidditch game was crap as well.

there was a picture here

I dont fink its gonna happen
    I mean, they brought out a chocobo game and it sucked
    Sucked bad

whats the point any way because there 2 versions already the good one A.K.A FFX and the crap one A.K.A FFX-2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    cool idea.that would be half decent its probbably the best mini game in FF ever so why not.
    and also this is 10000 times better than that frikkin quiddich game so why not.
    to...

whats the point any way because there 2 versions already the good one A.K.A FFX and the crap one A.K.A FFX-2.

there was a picture here

I think that they should bring it out because they brought out crappy chocobo racing and blitzball is very popular with ff fans.

they could have more teams and more features in it etc.
    PREPARE FOR ODINS RAGE:magus:

Big Thanks To Jess For This Sig

It could be pretty good, if they got rid of the whole stop action to decide whether to break or not, and pass or shoot or not. Kinda like any hockey or soccer game, with a nice steady flow to the gameplay, with various button combinations to do different moves like wither tackle, sphere shot, venom pass, tackle slip, etc. As well, learning these moves by techcopy and levelling up would be neat.

I know in PS2 hockey games there's a steady flow, with different combinations to do a deke, shoot, pass, body check, etc. Up here in hockey country, hockey games are quite popular. I'd imagine a blitzball game would be too, amongst FF fans, if done right.

I'd buy it. If you think about it, there could be three playing modes available. FFX, FFX-2 and the more traditional sports game version crazybayman suggested. Most of the graphics and sounds would be used in all three so there wouldn't be much repeat effort to develop a three game title like that.

And to those who compare one title to another unrelated title, your argument basicly is "That sucked, so this will." which is not a logical argument to make. We allready have a popular game that can be fully realized as a stand alone game if developed properly. It has a built in untapped fanbase. And since it crosses genres you might be able to draw some Sports gamers to RPGs. "I like sports. I like Blitzball 2006. I'll go try the game Blitzball was introduced. I like Final Fantasy. I like RPGs."

I have no doubt that such a game will at least pay for itself and grow the market for the FF series. If it is a smash runaway success it could radically change the landscape of video games in the years to come.
    "Your Life Is Yours Alone... Rise Up And Live It."

Blog Entries

It can't happen. Not everybody has actually played Blitzball on FFX. They won't know the rules, and wonder "wtf is Blitzball?" I also have a feeling that people would have learned their lesson after buying the filth that is FFX-2.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    It can't happen. Not everybody has actually played Blitzball on FFX. They won't know the rules, and wonder "wtf is Blitzball?" I also have a feeling that people would have learned their lesson after buying the filth that is FFX-2.
    First, many people have played FFX. Judging from what I've read in various FF communities most people enjoyed Blitzball. That group is your primary target. With good marketing you can get the console sports gamers segment, that is the group you need to win over which is entirely possible. Gamers are social animals, even if only among fellow gamers. If only one person out of a four person group of gamers purchased our product, it is a reasonable assumption that at least one other person will purchase a copy so long as the product itself is high quality and enjoyable. If enough groups overlap there might very well be a cascade through the home gaming market and create a runaway hit. Not likely perhaps but it can certainly yield enough market penetration to make it a viable product.

Next, we're not discussing FFX-2. Many people enjoyed it. Let's save the hate for an appropriate topic.

Finally, "They won't know the rules, and wonder "wtf is Blitzball?" Inside games, comes a little booklet, most people don't read it, but inside details the very rules and controls for the product you have purchased! Good marketing and word of mouth will educate people as to what Blitzball is and the manual will direct people as to how to play.
    "Your Life Is Yours Alone... Rise Up And Live It."

to you old manus.if they make a quiddich game when its already a mini game in a proper game you may as well get the proper full game
    so if they decide to make a blitzball game why not just buy the proper game.
    that what made me change my mind but still its better than quiddich so if they decide to make i wont buy it because ive already got it on both FF10 and the sequel.
    and for gods sake. wipe that moldy anus before takin the piss like that again.clear?