Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favourite rappers

he was better back then
    When he was rapping with other people he was actually good
    But all this Toy Solder crap is rubbish
    He demise was after he did Stan, which was an actually ok song

Tupac was 'OK' no better or worse. He was a fruity little dancer with Digital Underground, then got a part in a movie, then started to act like he character he played, then got shot by real 'thugs'. He was a tragic victim of his own chosen lifestyle & he took people to the grave with him that would otherwise still be alive today. He gets no respect from me.
    Favorite rappers, Biggie, Slug of Atmosphere, Vinnie Paz of JMT, Sage Francis, Cormega, Jigga, Esoteric, Eyedea, Jus Allah, Apathy, Celph Titled, MC Zion from Zion I, MURS, MF Doom, Grimm, Kool G Rap, Aesop Rock, Atoms Family, Rubberroom, 2Mex etc etc there's a great load of rappers out there that I love. The underground is rich in originality & talent. I worship at the altar of independant rap.

EDIT: To Aurey, Prefuse 73 is a Producer, not a rapper, but fine choices my friend

Oh yea, Biggys up there with the greats
    Shame on what happened to him and 2pac

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Biggies OK. DMX is not bad either but at times.... Nevermind... He's good...

DMX is great !
    Oh yea, GZA, Alias and Oxide&Neutrino are great

But none of them are as good as me !
    I would send a file of me rapping but im too embarrased

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxico
    *win*
    I like Kung-Fu.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My name is MC Chris
    And what do I do? Rock!
    I'm inseminating socks and
    intimidating jocks and I'm infiltrating
    flocks of fem-bots.

<3 MC

Blog Entries

Also Wutang.

No one has mentioned Gift of Gab AKA Blackalicious. This makes me sad, because Blazing Arrow is my favorite hip-hop album and Gab's lyrics easily flow faster and smoother than any of the other rappers listed here so far.

Other rappers I really like - Dr. Dre, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Outkast, Zion I.

Other rappers I somewhat like - Eminem, Jay-Z, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., Beans, Immortal Technique, Mobb Deep.

pretty much anyone from the Wu-Tang clan, especially Method Man. And, if you count him, Jimmy Urine is definately my favorite rapper, even though mindless self indulgence isnt rap, but hes a rapper. (i think)

oh yeah, kottonmouth kings is great too.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

prefuse 73 is good stuff tho

blackalicious
    mf doom (oh man food)
    buck 65
    beastie boys

been meaning to check out M.I.A. actually
    think i heard a song on the radio but not sure
    is this the same MIA girl that used to do mash ups or soemthing? im shooting in the dark here

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn
    Tupac was 'OK' no better or worse. He was a fruity little dancer with Digital Underground, then got a part in a movie, then started to act like he character he played, then got shot by real 'thugs'. He was a tragic victim of his own chosen lifestyle & he took people to the grave with him that would otherwise still be alive today. He gets no respect from me.
    *tear*

Quote Originally Posted by -N-
    No one has mentioned Gift of Gab AKA Blackalicious. .
    Its cause there crap, most of what people are saying are American
    People like Roots and Taskforce are far better then anything America can come up with

Quote Originally Posted by -N-
    No one has mentioned Gift of Gab AKA Blackalicious. This makes me sad, because Blazing Arrow is my favorite hip-hop album and Gab's lyrics easily flow faster and smoother than any of the other rappers listed here so far.

Other rappers I really like - Dr. Dre, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Outkast, Zion I.

Other rappers I somewhat like - Eminem, Jay-Z, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., Beans, Immortal Technique, Mobb Deep.
    There are two emcees in Blackalicious, Gift of Gab & Chief Xcel, and they're pretty good, NIA was a pheonominal album. JUST HOW I MANAGED TO FORGET TO MENTION IMMORTAL TECH IS BEYOND ME. He's in my sig after all.

I also forgot about Styles of Beyond who I worship, and Sole & Alias of Anticon. AdeeM also, excellent. Beans is ok I just wish APC would get back together. Common has fallen off big time though.