Thread: Using Worker 8 as a "stepping stone"

Default Using Worker 8 as a "stepping stone"

In the Nelveska Temple battles, for example, how are you supposed to use Worker 8 as a "stepping stone" to reach the top pillars? I've been testing it out in other battlefields and I can't get my characters to climb on top of him. Does anyone know the specifics?

edit: NM, just figured it out. W8 has a height of 3, so the panel that it's standing on is effectively 3+H, where H is the original height of the panel. A move-finder would then require a Jump of only 4 to get to the pillar at height 7.
    Last edited by -N-; 06-01-2005 at 11:04 PM.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

FYI, the same thing can be done with tamed dragons, as well as with Reis in dragon form.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

And Hydras or any other large monster.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

lol, once i had this awsome idea to use teleport to get on the pillers to get the secret items.... then my brain kicked in and i laughed at my own stupidness.

Contributions

No dumber then the time I wondered why you couldn't just teach Zodiac to the rest of the party by having Ramza cast it on them.

just curious, couldnt you ride a black chocobo ontop of the pillars? or am i missing something??????
    Of all the games that i find well worth the work, I can only say that three can properly qualify for the category. And of the three, one is, but of corse, FFVII. The other twon games which i couldn't depart from are Xenogears and FFT. And i also found a pattern, All of which were released 1997 or 1998 and were on PS. I have lost some faith in Squaresoft when they merged with Enix, they no longer adapt a well-thought plot as nearly as much as the older titles. And thus, I say to you Square-Enix, "Up yours!"

I may be mistaken but i think while you are riding a monster, you no longer have your move abilities. best way to tell is try riding a black chocobo with move on water ability, then... move on water whilst riding it.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

wait, where is the actual JavelinII or EschuteonII or whatever is hidden?
    Of all the games that i find well worth the work, I can only say that three can properly qualify for the category. And of the three, one is, but of corse, FFVII. The other twon games which i couldn't depart from are Xenogears and FFT. And i also found a pattern, All of which were released 1997 or 1998 and were on PS. I have lost some faith in Squaresoft when they merged with Enix, they no longer adapt a well-thought plot as nearly as much as the older titles. And thus, I say to you Square-Enix, "Up yours!"

Contributions

There are a pair of pillars flanking the entrance to Nelveska Temple. One pillar gives the Escutcheon or Escutcheon (II) when you Move-Find on top of it and the other gives the Javelin or Javelin (II).

The rare items share the same name as the common items, but they look different and are the best spear and shield in the game. Both are must-haves!

It's difficult to get both unless you use a character with very low Brave to find them. I suggest Rafa since her Brave is so low to begin with.

BTW, there's a rare ninja sword you can find as well as the nagnarok, but you can get the second item by poaching.

The Ninja sword is pretty good, should tide you over until the Deep Dungeon swords. The Nagranok (I think it's called) is really crappy, 1-damage sword that's supposed to have some other effect.
    Oh and as far as having some move-find item, have Beowulf cast Chicken on them, or an Oracle cast Foxbird. Get their brave as close to 10 as you can.

Contributions

Nagrarock turns enemies into frogs. You can get them by poaching Porkys, so not a big deal if you don't get one here.

The ninja sword is Sasuke Knife: one of the three unique ninja swords and the third most powerful in the game. Worth getting if you want everything.

BTW, I tried Chicken once and my character ran and hid in a corner for four turns. Not really recommended. Threaten is better IMHO.