Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Everyone Hate Rinoa?

I love Rinoa, she's one of my favourite characters in the game. So, I don't hate her either.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I hate her because I'm perverted.

My question is, why does everyone LOVE her? That was never clearly explained to me very much.

I don't dislike her as much as I used to, but she can still irritate me. She couldn't decide who she loved, she kept getting herself into a lot of trouble, she was a big baby in a woman's body, she loses her will to fight and becomes passive for no reason whatsoever, and as I have said before, the whole game was about saving her hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet
    Hentai Baka (sorry, I'm trying to learn Japanese - go figure out what it means.)
    Insane people make knives out out of bars of soap.

I like her very much...
    but at start I was upset because you are forced to reject Quistis... and forced to love Rinoa! Squall is just so stupid when Quistis opens her heart.
    I'd definitely prefer to stay with her...
    When she said something like "I gave up when Rinoa came into scene"... I just wanted Rinoa to banish and say "come on! I'm in love with you silly!"

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved rinoa. She's like my role model in being more aggressive and stuffX.x;;

and I loved her design:P

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    I like her very much...
    but at start I was upset because you are forced to reject Quistis... and forced to love Rinoa! Squall is just so stupid when Quistis opens her heart.
    When she said something like "I gave up when Rinoa came into scene"... I just wanted Rinoa to banish and say "come on! I'm in love with you silly!"

Does anybody agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet
    Hentai Baka (sorry, I'm trying to learn Japanese - go figure out what it means.)
    That's not japanese..this is japanese "ikasu" ain't it?.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

That is Japanese. Hentai means pervert, baka means stupid. Ikasu is as well, it essentially means 'stylish'.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperia
    She couldn't decide who she loved...
    There hadn't been any romantic development between Squall and Rinoa when she was upset over Seifer's "death." For that matter, I can't imagine most people not getting choked up when hearing that someone they cared about and thought they had been in love with was killed. Her reaction wasn't realistic enough, really. After that point, no one mentions Seifer again until he shows up alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    I like her very much...

Quistis wasn't even really in love with him, though. She herself admits this later when the party regains their memories. She says that due to trying to fill Ellone's place as the big sister, she became protective of Squall, who would always fight with Seifer, and when those surface memories became buried, the latent feelings of protection toward him confused her and she thought it was romantic love.

As far as it goes, though, there was little going on in that department to begin with. Quistis didn't have a chance with Squall before Rinoa came along simply because she's not the type that would gain the attention of his heart. Squall could tell Rinoa to shut up and she would be all "Meanie! Why do you push people away?! Talk to me! I'm not going away!" He could have said the same thing to Quistis and she would have said "...Okay" and wandered off to sulk.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

I hate her for the reasons Squall of SeeD said and... because...

SHE IS A NOSEPICKER! >_o
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

I can't say that i hate Rinoa,in fact i like her..

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

why not hate her? well i don thate her she just annoys me sometimes, leve thepoor guy alone!!!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

rinoa has the second best limt on teh game wishing star its almost as powerful as lionheart plus she has the second best ultimate weopon so she is undoubtedly teh second best character and the bit where she kicks irvine down teh stairs is funny.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Dance Macabre The Anarchy Angel's Avatar

Oh come on, for gods sake it's a game!

I like her very much...
    NO!! that's horrible! She was like a teacher to him! You can't muddle up paternal instincts with love! She was just looking out for him and thougth she was in love, but she wasn't really

Dance Macabre