Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Everyone Hate Rinoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    Quistis said, on the beach "A misunderstood love?"...
    Oh yeah that line..What could possibly mean?

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Maybe that she thought she loved, as in fancied him...but in fact it was because she loved him as a little brother.
    my grandmothers been walking 6 miles a day since she was 63. Now, at the age of 90 shes as fit as an ox....unfortunatly we dont know where she is...

Are you one of those people who never have enough space on their computer? Do what i did-delete windows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thinking of names is hard
    Maybe that she thought she loved, as in fancied him...but in fact it was because she loved him as a little brother.
    Agreed. There is more than one definition of "love", you know...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Well... of course there are a lot of kinds of love!
    But maybe she realized that only as a result of the rejection.
    What if Squall had corresponded to her before?

Well... maybe that was the best. Squall doesn't deserve Quistis.
    In fact he doesn't deserve Rinoa too.

I don't dislike Squall, but you must agree that Rinoa needed to be very patient!

Squall and Seifer are in love, it is soooo obvious.

Tôi đói.

Blog Entries

<3 Rinoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiko
    Squall and Seifer are in love, it is soooo obvious.
    Ha ha ha...

I just could imagine Dr. Kadowaki saying this (insted of what she said in the game) before the gardens' crash:

" You can't run from him all the life, Squall.
    You must face your destiny...
    and your destiny is release your contained love to him that until now had only escape by fighting.
    Go now, Squall, and kiss him once for all. "

Please elaborate on why Rinoa is 'clingie', because I disagree. She has definitely flirted with Squall, but clingie is hardly the right word to describe her personality. Elaborate.

While you're at it, how is Aeris clingie?

Yes... because, when you get rejected from someone (I just imagine, ), you try to find reasons to get your dignity up. Quistis said, on the beach "A misunderstood love?"...
    Considering that the line had parentheses around it, it was a line she was saying to herself in her own head and not to anyone else. It wasn't about getting her dignity up, but about her realizing the true nature of those feelings and admitting them to herself.

In any event, the game offers no indication that what she said wasn't the case. Therefore, it was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwelenguchenkus
    Please elaborate on why Rinoa is 'clingie', because I disagree. She has definitely flirted with Squall, but clingie is hardly the right word to describe her personality. Elaborate.
    The need to be held.
    The fear of being left behind, both figuratively and literally.

She is extremely dependent. That's not a fault in her. That's just who she is. I'm the same way.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD
    Yes... because, when you get rejected from someone (I just imagine, ), you try to find reasons to get your dignity up. Quistis said, on the beach "A misunderstood love?"...
    Considering that the line had parentheses around it, it was a line she was saying to herself in her own head and not to anyone else. It wasn't about getting her dignity up, but about her realizing the true nature of those feelings and admitting them to herself.
    So the misunderstood love was actually misunderstood by her?

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Dance Macabre The Anarchy Angel's Avatar

Squall and Seifer...i sed that in another thread, i got shouted at

Dance Macabre

Squall doesn't deserve Quistis.
    In fact he doesn't deserve Rinoa too.
    Agreed...i think im more their type

As for the Squall and Seifer thing....now that would be a twist. I think that Zell would be a bit jealous though...
    my grandmothers been walking 6 miles a day since she was 63. Now, at the age of 90 shes as fit as an ox....unfortunatly we dont know where she is...

Are you one of those people who never have enough space on their computer? Do what i did-delete windows!!!!

Dance Macabre The Anarchy Angel's Avatar

Hehehe i would say something but I'd get shouted at again....

Dance Macabre

ok...id do it for you...dont you think that seifer and squall would make a great couple?

Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD

In any event, the game offers no indication that what she said wasn't the case. Therefore, it was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwelenguchenkus
    The need to be held.
    The fear of being left behind, both figuratively and literally.

She is extremely dependent. That's not a fault in her. That's just who she is. I'm the same way.
    Hmm... I guess that fits the bill. I always thought of someone that was 'clingie' in a more obsessed manner. Such as always chasing the person around, holding onto their arm, saying "DON'T LEAVE ME!", and I thought Rinoa was mostly dignified. I mean, she may be dependant but she seems fine for the most part. I guess I just misinterpretted the word.

I've had a bad experience with a clingie person, but it definitely wasn't clingie in the way Rinoa is to Squall. Sometimes I was afraid to leave, because I thought... well, lets just say that relationship scarred me for life, and my personality forever. I thought of clingie more like an obsession that keeps you sane than just simply being dependant.

Squall of SeeD, clingie? It's funny how our minds develop personalities for the other board users that could very well be totally false. I always thought of you being like Squall, for obvious reasons, so clingie is somewhat of a surprise, since your screen name doesn't reflect that at all. Then again, call it stereotyping, I get a different vibe when seeing your signature with a pink squall and "the lights are so purdy. 9.9" with a heart in the corner. All these clashing personalities are hurting my brain!

Sorry to get off-topic! Despite my 'bad experience', Rinoa still seems to me like a great person. I really liked her personality for some reason, even if others find it annoying. She is definitely different than Aeris. It seems that Rinoa is the kind of person that coul.d get hurt really badly and react in a much more passive manner if say, someone were to come along and woo Squall, while Aeris would be the type to react more violently. But I still like Aeris, because I think she is very strong in personality, and is more likely to take initiative (like when she went to save the planet with the holy materia by herself).