Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glitches

Default Glitches

I've noticed a terrible glitch that occurs in the 3rd disc in outer space. As i approach the Ragnarok, the game freezes because of the motions. Most times i can't get past that point, sometimes i just get lucky. Has this happened to anyone else, or is there something wrong with my copy/Playstation 2?

there's something wrong with either your copy or your ps2. for some reason not all ps2's read all games (its a marketing ploy to get you to buy more of them ) i never get stuck at that point, in fact, that to me is the easiest part of the game, getting to the ragnarok that is.

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

It's either your Ps2, or possibly your disk is scratched, dirty, etched, etc. That's what I say.

The same thing happened to me in FFVII during the motorcycle chase - my ps2 kept freezing. I kept resetting and trying again, until it worked (my save point wasn't that far behind). It took me probably a half dozen tries to get it to work.

You could always go and rent another copy of FFVIII, use that disk to get through the sequence, and then return the disk.

Queen Of The Moogles

or you could just swap the disks

your disc is scratched. i have one copy from back in 1999, and the FMV of the Dollet Communications Tower freezes, and one part in space it freezes too. i tried it with PSone and PS2, same thing. i then bought a new FF8 game and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by SadisticStreetSoldie
    or you could just swap the disks
    Even better!

Wasn't that dude in your sig in both the Mummy movies?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by YukiKiro
    for some reason not all ps2's read all games (its a marketing ploy to get you to buy more of them )
    No, just some of us take better care of our stuff than others.

I've never had this problem, so yeah either your game is screwed or you're PS2.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I bought my USED FF8 game in a garage sale 2 1/2 years ago.STILL WORKS.I feel bad for you....... :shame:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    <-- Take it from my little friend to the left.
    Do not lose your braincells!

I used to have a old FF8, bought it second hand. It crashed on almost every cutscene.

What i did, was i borrowed my mates disk (which was also very dogdy), and when it crashed, i took out my disk, and put his in (don't turn off console, just switch disks).
    Then, my mates disk crashed sometimes after i'd switched, so i just switched back. It works like a charm.

Anyway, i bought a new FF8 about four months ago, it's still in tip top condition. Actually, so are all my Final Fantasy's.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

All my FF game disks are in the same condition as the day I bought them.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Yeah...In the first disk, at the end, when you fight Edea, in the cutscene before, it kept freezing. I restarted my game like 5 times, all the time saying "What the hell" because I treated my FF games like a gift from god, never let ANBODY but me touch them....I even kept them in a treasure chest!!! Finally, I took the disk out a filliped it over, sure enough, scratched like hell. So, being the good-natured person that I am, I ran downstairs screaming "You little mother (censored for 20 odd minutes). When I finally colled down, I "asked" my brother what had happened to it. "Well, when I went upstairs yesterday, Zach (that's my three year old brother) had your disk out of your playstation and was scraping it on the wall. So I took it from him and put it back in your playstation."

I took my head off and punted it down the hall.

Many, MANY, thanks go out to Sphere for this great sig!

[QUOTE= Zach (that's my three year old brother) had your disk out of your playstation and was scraping it on the wall. So I took it from him and put it back in your playstation."

I took my head off and punted it down the hall.[/QUOTE]

That´s the problem with baby brothers... they suck...
    [IMG]

The worst foe lies within the self

i just bought the game last week (brand new) but it's probably my PS's fault. not PSone but the original version so it's quite old. it's only the 3rd and 4th disc that get all screwy on me. the outerspace scenes would freeze up/lag. and a lot of times on the world map, a whole continent has vanish and there's only the vase ocean. then i have to fly around until it comes back O_O and as for the 4th disc, the game freezes during the credits so i didn't get to see Selphie with her video cam scenes >_<

Quote Originally Posted by iota
    the game freezes during the credits so i didn't get to see Selphie with her video cam scenes >_<

you aint missing much there mate