Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Animal Rights!!!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You've never had a Boca Burger? Or a Garden burger? They're easily available at most every grocery store, and almost every resturaunt/fast food chain has them on their menu. They're actually pretty tasty, though I of course prefer the real thing.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by T-MaN
    Quote Originally Posted by TifaLockhart7
    I eat vegetarian meat..
    Whoa, whoa, hold up here. There is such a thing as a veggie meat? How come I've not been told about this?
    Yar, it's actually not too bad, taste-wise. But it's not filling, either. I eat a whole plate of veggie food and I'm hungry again in two hours. I eat a burger (ok, admittedly, it's a big burger.) and some fries and I'm good for the night.

Of course I do not support harming animals for fun. That's just pathetic barabarism. There is though a sensible, strong case to be made for killing animals to eat them. (And there's an even stronger one still for a BALANCED diet.) I don't believe animals are equal to us, because of the quite plain absence of arts and culture. I don't believe we have carte blanche to act as we please, and we should certainly not be cruel to the animals we're planning to eat, but we have the right to eat them. (Simply because there is no authority which can revoke this right.)

In truth I'm pretty selfish. I don't care much for most of Humanity, I'm not going to give a second thought to an animal I eat. It's simply the way of things.

Edit: I only kill bugs if they... well, bug me. But spiders are KoS. I'm like this uber spider ganker. Spiders everywhere complain that I hax.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

I believe that it is wrong to exploit animals, including humans, in any way. This includes eating meat, honey or dairy products, wearing fur, leather, or goods made via sweatshop labour. I also believe it is wrong to destroy large chunks of the environment for capital gain, be it by way of pollution, deforestation, or genetic engineering. Ideally, I could exist without causing harm to any living organism whatsoever, but of course this is an irrational wish, and so I do what I can to actively decrease what harm I cause to the environment and society. Humans do not need to eat animal products to survive, nor wear them to keep warm/dry. I try not to kill bugs, but am notorious for getting people to get rid of spiders and things for me, as I am too frightened of them to even kill them anymore. So yes, in answer to the original question, animals have rights, and it is the duty of humankind to preserve nature for generations to come, even if it is only for the selfish reason of ensuring our own survival.

Blog Entries

Animals are my one weekness. I feel bad when I run them over. And I don't like to squash bugs because, I know I wouldn't want to be stepped on. The only bugs I kill are japanese beetles. And other then that I don't kill stuff... except people of course.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

As for animals killing other animals: We can't controll anyone but ourselves. Just because other sad things happen, necessary or no, doesn't mean that makes it okay for us to choose to do less than our best to make life better for others.

Feena, The Goddess of Ys TifaLockhart7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    The world doesn't have to be all or nothing. Some people just try to get by with causing as little harm to living things as possible.

I limit my animal product intake, but I don't deny myself anything entirely. Last time I tried to go vegetarian I felt the urge to pounce a cow and just gnaw on it.
    AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE?! You have no idea what they do to the animals!! If you think they kill them quickly without suffering ur wrong!!! Have you SEEN the way some people treat chickens??? They throw them to walls, stomp on them, and even crowd them around with other dead chickens!!! It's horrible the way we stupid humans treat them! For me it's easy to be a a vegetarian because of what I saw...but if you want to be a carnivore..then so be it.

:temigi: :tehidari:
    :kaohappy2 Hey, I'm Feena, nice to meet'cha!!! :kaohappy2
    Thx to Raven Nox for the siggy!

Feena, The Goddess of Ys TifaLockhart7's Avatar

Could the staff please close this thread now? I don't want to talk about this anymore..

:temigi: :tehidari:
    :kaohappy2 Hey, I'm Feena, nice to meet'cha!!! :kaohappy2
    Thx to Raven Nox for the siggy!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd have closed it anyway as this has been a dead thread for five months.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles