Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: >> The worst RPGs you ever played..

Final fantasys VIII, X-2, and FFII in the dawn of souls one they were all crappy (NOT the FFII with cecil) and for be to say a final fantasy is crappy means something
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Vagrant Story... I still have nightmares. ;_;
    Yes.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I've played through and finished Guardian's Crusade. I didn't think it was that terrible. I just considered it a nice snack of an RPG.

And that guy mentioning the game with the guitar, I can't believe I forgot about that one.

That RPG, Ephemeral Phantasia, holds the title of the only game I've ever traded in or returned in my entire life.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

dudes! quest 64! at least unlimited saga had pretty looking watercolor flowers on the cover. (although, thats all it had)

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought I was the only one who couldn't get into Vagrant Story. I tried so hard so many times, but... no.

Saga Frontier 2 and Unlimited SaGa are likely the worst RPGs I have ever played. Other bad ones include the King's Field games, Shadow Tower, Eternal Eyes, and Dragon Warrior VII. The pain, the pain of it all!

Edit: I forgot. Koudelka. I'll confess I may be judging it early, but I couldn't stick with it for long at all. =/
    Last edited by Madame Adequate; 06-12-2005 at 01:34 PM.

LAGOON.

I know. I saw my nickname. but please don't look at me that way, Klayman. I beg of you.

Hmm.

I'm still trying to play wild arms 3. The cycle goes, I start to play it and tell myself I'm going to finish, then I get bored and forget about it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Gau Dude
    LAGOON.
    Nope.

Blog Entries

Wow....anyone that thinks Dragoon sucks should probably put a small bit more time into it, IMO. You'd be surprised. =/

As for truly bad RPGs, there are a few I can think of right off the top of my head:

Evolution
    Evolution 2
    Evolution Worlds
    TimeStalkers
    Jade Cocoon
    Dragon Warrior 7 (mostly due to the boring battle system)

As for RPGs I didn't like....

Final Fantasy 8 (too flowery, main character is a punk emo wannabe. The only character I liked was Irvine.)

Final Fantasy 7 (even with all the Materia/summons you could get, the game's battle system quickly became tiresome. Not to mention the characters are paper-thin, and the translation is really bad)

Suikoden 3 (could never really get into the game, so it quickly became boring)
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Quote Originally Posted by gokufusionss1
    skies of arcadia- it's crap.
    Yes it is. 100%.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

All of the Dragon Warriors suck to me.It's just not fun and the battle system suck.I dont like ff9,the charactors are to small and boring.Good story tho.

Paladin's Quest (SNES) has a bit of a cult following, but I found it horrifying. I'm normally not a stickler on graphics, but when I am incapable of differentiating between all of the muddy neon munchkins and my muddy neon munchkin, well, that's just ungood.

Quest 64 (N64) is very famous as a bad RPG. It actually wouldn't be too bad, if it weren't for the loathesomely boring magic system. And loathesomely boring level up system. And loathesomely boring plot. And loathesomely boring everything.

Phantasy Star 3 made me cry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by omnitarian
    Paladin's Quest (SNES) has a bit of a cult following, but I found it horrifying. I'm normally not a stickler on graphics, but when I am incapable of differentiating between all of the muddy neon munchkins and my muddy neon munchkin, well, that's just ungood.

Quest 64 (N64) is very famous as a bad RPG. It actually wouldn't be too bad, if it weren't for the loathesomely boring magic system. And loathesomely boring level up system. And loathesomely boring plot. And loathesomely boring everything.
    o_O The Level Up system seemed to be perfectly fine to me. Kill enemy, get exp.

But, the plot does suck. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gau Dude
    LAGOON.
    Nope.
    I never finished it, I played like two hours and then Iīve got tired of it.
    The graphics are ugly, the story is to much rpgibbrish (Hey, give some credit. Iīve invented it thi moment.), and.. Well.. Thatīs it.
    Isnīt it enough?

I know. I saw my nickname. but please don't look at me that way, Klayman. I beg of you.