Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: >> The worst RPGs you ever played..

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    To each his own, right? We could all argue without stopping about FFVII and FFX. *Shudders at the thought of even comparing them*
    I dislike them both equally.

I win.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Unlimited SaGa was horrible.

FFVIII is, out of all the games I've played, my least favorite, because I really wanted to like it. But I hated it, and it was total crap.

It wasn't total crap.

The Junction system was smart, the card game was fun, and if you combined the two, it was highly abuseable for getting powerful weapons and junctions early on in the game and thus beating it at around level 15 or so.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

And that makes it a good game?

Did I say that?

No, I said it wasn't total crap, you can't resign it to that when it has redeeming features, and those redeeming features can be applied to the game as a whole making it easier and quite a lot more fun.

The only thing that let it down was the dumb, endlessly dumb story, and the fact that Squall was just a complete idiot.

I liked the Gunblade though.

Bad RPGs? Um.. Lets see.

Someone mentioned Beyond the Beyond AND Golden Sun... They were both made by Camelot. You must dislike Camelot... LOL.

I like Golden Sun, but Beyond the Beyond was at its highest points mediocre. However its far better than...

Unlimited SaGa. Plain out stupid. No replay value, which was the producers entire point of making this game. It was supposed to be so that you could play it for extensively long time without getting bored. Too bad it gets boring 2 minutes in when you realize you got gyped the money you payed... But still not as bad as...

Guardian's Crusade. Oh My God. Awfulness at its height. I can't think of a more emotionless, bland game. At least unlimited Saga got you mad..

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    Did I say that?

No, I said it wasn't total crap, you can't resign it to that when it has redeeming features, and those redeeming features can be applied to the game as a whole making it easier and quite a lot more fun.

The only thing that let it down was the dumb, endlessly dumb story, and the fact that Squall was just a complete idiot.

True. I just absolutely could not stand the story, and I didn't really like any of the characters, except for Zell, who was fairly shallow but amusing. It lacked a good villian or anything that made me want to play it or connect with the charaters. And, though the Junction system was unique, I really disliked it. I found the battles really slow, and didn't really think to run away consistently until a ways into the game, so I got stuck fairly leveled up, which is apparently not what you want in VIII. But I'd still call it crap because I play an RPG for its story, and a story so bad as FFVIII's doesn't deserve a game.

EDIT: And I thought the Gunblade was stupid.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Brandish for SNES. Piece of flaming crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    Did I say that?

I found the battles really slow, and didn't really think to run away consistently until a ways into the game, so I got stuck fairly leveled up, which is apparently not what you want in VIII. But I'd still call it crap because I play an RPG for its story, and a story so bad as FFVIII's doesn't deserve a game.

EDIT: And I thought the Gunblade was stupid.
    If you thought the system was slow, then you could always raise the battle speed meter. Also, FF8's battle system wasn't nearly as slow as FF9's. I enjoyed 8 though, along with 7, 9, and 10. It may not have had the best story line, but it did have tons of hours of side-quests & thousands of different customibility options. In fact, I played a file of 8 for over 105 hrs.

Oh, as far as my worst RPG's go, I can't really choose any. I usually do research before I buy one so I know if it's good or not. But, if I had to pick some, I'd have to choose:

Unlimited Saga
    Shining Tears
    Legend of Lagaia

Blog Entries

Bad RPG's? hmm...

Saga Frontier. It was worse because when my Brother and I get games, when we sit down and play them, we usually we love them at first. (My First Dreamcast game: Soul Calibur) But, this time, it was different...

We played it for a bit, and then, some horrible words come out of our mouthes:

"This is crap."

Gah... Curse you, Saga Frontier... You ruined my day by making me spend 30 Dollars on you... >_<

But then I laughed a bit because I chatted with someone and they said: "Hey, I heard you got Saga Frontier." A short pause goes by... "I am SO sorry..."

Another bad RPG though, I would say, is Final Fantasy 2. >_< I was quite dissapointed.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by RedCydranth
    Guardian's Crusade. Oh My God. Awfulness at its height. I can't think of a more emotionless, bland game. At least unlimited Saga got you mad..
    >>> I Agree with that, I remember Guardian's Crusade was one of my first RPGs for the playstation. and I never finished it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaKiller23
    Legend of Lagaia
    >>> awww, that one wasnt THAT bad..

Anyways, why are we arguing about FF games??, Even the worst FF game Shines compared to the awful games we have mentioned here. XD
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

Jade Cocoon.

Eternal Ring

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm
    The Legend of Dragoon. I tried three times. Never again. The only good thing I can say about it was that the battle system was fun.

You are all retardeds besides kikimm.

:<3: for kikimm

Signature by rubah. I think.

BeLIEve me! My name is...something..?'s Avatar

What? I love Legend of Dragoon.

I hate the Mana game for the Playstation. I can't remember it's name. I loathe it with a passion, but I love the old ones though.
    The itching sensation is a good thing.