Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: >> The worst RPGs you ever played..

Quote Originally Posted by My name is...something..?
    What? I love Legend of Dragoon.

I hate the Mana game for the Playstation. I can't remember it's name. I loathe it with a passion, but I love the old ones though.
    Legend of Mana? That's not a bad game. I never played Legend of Dragoon, and I don't plan to.

BeLIEve me! My name is...something..?'s Avatar

I didn't like it much.
    I liked the fighting and all that, but to me the levels were designed poorly.
    I always seemed to get a headache by just playing it.
    The itching sensation is a good thing.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

i ddnt like unlimited saga and crimson something 2

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nox
    Eternal Ring
    OMG, I completely forgot about that game. I hate it with all my anger inside of me. And the storyline didn't make sense...

Probably FFVII. A bunch of uninteresting characters, a sketchy translation, a needlessly confusing and "deep" plot, a bunch of ridiculous symbolism, and a wussy villian. So much h8. Xenogears/Saga are also pretty bad. They do the same thing and take it to extremes. At least in FFVII everything eventually made sense in the end. Xenogears/Saga intentionally confuse the hell out of you only to promise that "Oh, well, it'll make sense four games from now". And if the symbolism in FFVII wasn't bad enough, a pink furby gets crucified in Xenogears. Come on. Legend of Dragoon was pretty awful, as well...

And I don't understand why everyone hates on the SaGa games so much. They're not the best, but they aren't THAT bad. SaGa Frontier 2 was awesome, except for the Battle of South Moundtop. God, I still have nightmares.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot about FFX-2. FFX-2 is the only game that I've ever tried to play that I physically couldn't force myself to play. My body just wouldn't let me do it. The game doesn't even have battle music. It's just some guy playing random notes on a guitar. The entire game is nothing but cheese, and playing it just made me really angry. The game's "lighthearted tone" (I'm being nice, here) made me want to cut myself with a rusty knife. FFX-2 is basically three girls running around going "Tee-hee!" and then winking at the camera while Square swims around in swimming pools full of money.
    Last edited by Alixsar; 06-11-2005 at 11:35 AM.
    No.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Wild Arms 3, just because the lack of ability to buy healing items and the lack of letting you escape from battle made it really annoying, especially when the characters were so shockingly weak.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixsar

Edit: Oh, and I forgot about FFX-2. FFX-2 is the only game that I've ever tried to play that I physically couldn't force myself to play. My body just wouldn't let me do it. The game doesn't even have battle music. It's just some guy playing random notes on a guitar. The entire game is nothing but cheese, and playing it just made me really angry. The game's "lighthearted tone" (I'm being nice, here) made me want to cut myself with a rusty knife. FFX-2 is basically three girls running around going "Tee-hee!" and then winking at the camera while Square swims around in swimming pools full of money.
    the shock!!! dont compare FFX-2 to cheese!!! i love cheese.

anyways back to the piont the worst RPG iv ever had the misfortune is Ark: Twilight of the Spirits that game was sooo bad... had i not been the most devoted of RPG players i would had used it as a frizby

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Alixsar, you're joking, right? No, seriously. Tell me you're joking. And you also know that Xenosaga is a series of games with the story unfolding throughout each game, right? Right?

Unlimited Saga is definitely the worst RPG I've ever played. I'm tellin' ya, playing chess with a snail would be more fun.

I really don't see why everyone hates FFVIII. The junction system allowed for so much customization, even moreso than FFVII's materia system. You could make your own characters however you wanted to make them. The Limit Breaks were far more interactive and much more innovative than any other desperation attack system in any FF. The battles were actually pretty tough, including the final boss battle, which is much more than I can say about FFVII, IX, and X. There were hours upon hours of sidequests. For once, an FF actually had you work for your ultimate weapons. You didn't just find them. Nay, you actually had to find the materials to create them yourself. Where's the glory in just finding the ultimate weapons? Usually, the only reasons people hate FFVIII is because:
    - It came after FFVII, which had HUGE shoes to fill. FFVIII was different, new, and yes, slightly worse than FFVII. Of course, people said, "OMFG FFVIII IS NOT TEH FFVII! THEREFOR IT R TEH SUX!"
    - The constant blows it takes. People are always bashing FFVIII, so those opinions are drilled in. This happened to me. My friend was playing FFIX while I was playing VIII and he kept telling me how much he hated VIII, so I started to hate it too. Thank God I gave it a second shot because he and I were both wrong.
    - It's tougher than most other FFs. In this day in age, hard = bad according to many people.

FFVIII was a quality game. Its story, while certainly not as deep as VII's, had its own twists and turns. OMFG BUT IT R TEH LUV STORY!?!?!? Yeah, it has love in it, but it goes deeper than that. TEH LUV R TEH 4 GURLZZZ FAG! Oh yeah, thanks.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Xenogears made sense if the played the whole game, at least, they DID explain it all in the end, just like, it took all the way until the end to do it =(

Dunno about Xenosaga, all I hear about that is it's a good movie.

Well, ok, Xenogears Disc 2 was just...ick, like they spent all their time on Disc 1, and then just collapsed for Disc 2, but at least they spent time explaining story.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon
    anyways back to the piont the worst RPG iv ever had the misfortune is Ark: Twilight of the Spirits that game was sooo bad... had i not been the most devoted of RPG players i would had used it as a frizby
    Arc was an good game. The intertwining stories worked well. Some of the characters do suck sac, though.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

FFVII or Xenosaga 2 (its story was okay, but the took all the fun out of it), the best is a three wayu tie between FFX, FFX-2, and Legend of Dragoon.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Some old PS2 RPG where the main character had a Guitar, that was pretty awful.

And whichever Wild Arms game had the main character as a female in the desert.

Wild Arms 3 was awesome you uncultured whores =(

I found Wild Arms 3 very boring and the parts of the story I played through werent very interesting.

Anyone who says Xenogears, Xenosaga, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy (any) are the worst need to get trapped in a room with Hydlide, Guardian's Crusade and Eternal Ring. They will learn the definition of BAD. Unliked and bad are 2 different things..

Legend of Mana was great, you just needed to learn the way to play it. I beat it in a 2 week stay in the hospital.

SaGa Frontier wasn't a waste of money, you need to know which scenarios were good to get the best play out of it. Red, Emilia and Blue have the good ones. T260G wasn't bad but I'm not a fan of Mechs. Riki's woulda been better if he wasn't a gay monster. Asselus was original and the only scenario with Princess Rose in it, the best Mystic ever! Also, Lutes was cool, but short. Best if you play his last. Seriously, i liked it because it took so long to beat every scenario.

I've heard nothing but good about the Arc the lad series, but if you say it sucks, im forced to turn a deaf ear. i'll be the judge for myself on that series, but I have high hopes.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII