Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aeris reappeared then disappeared!?

Default Aeris reappeared then disappeared!?

Did anyone else happen to see Aeris at her flower garden in the church when you finally get the key to re-enter Midgar? I went in and I saw her sitting beside the little girl and boy for just a second and then she disappeared. She was like a spirit or something.

Oh well I guess you're not gonna get the 100% ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Prayzer, don't worry. Destai's joking.

The matter of Aerith appearing and disappearing when entering the church is either a) some kind of goofy glitch, or b) Cloud's memory of her. If one enters the church even while she's still alive that image can be seen.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

My personal thought on the matter is that it's a bug that can be interpretted in a way that's relevant to the story, which is really cool if you think about it.

Well, I played and beat it without any help from a guide or anything. I saw Aeris's ghost later on in the game (on the third disk) when I finally figured out that you could actually get that key and get back into Midgar. I think I had already beaten Sephy and had just went back to where I saved it before I went all the way into the cave so that I could mess around and see if I could find anymore secrets and try to get the ocean Chocobo.

By the way, is there any way to get back into Shinra headquarters that late in the game? And also, is there any other way to get Vincent's ultimate limit break after seeing Lucrecia in her cave? It wasn't until later in the game that I even found that out, and then I read on this site that I needed to do it on the 2nd disc to get it from her. And what's this I hear about a Bahamut Sin materia? *Sheesh* I'm even driving myself crazy with all the questions.
    Last edited by prayzer; 06-09-2005 at 08:24 AM. Reason: left something out

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD
    Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Prayzer, don't worry. Destai's joking.

The matter of Aerith appearing and disappearing when entering the church is either a) some kind of goofy glitch, or b) Cloud's memory of her. If one enters the church even while she's still alive that image can be seen.
    You're the only person I know who can see her 'ghost' while she's still alive... of course, I don't doubt your word, but I *do* think this might be a glitch specific to your copy of the game. For everyone else I know, her ghost appears post mortem, and disappears when Cloud tries to approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by prayzer
    By the way, is there any way to get back into Shinra headquarters that late in the game?
    Not after disc 2, no.
    And also, is there any other way to get Vincent's ultimate limit break after seeing Lucrecia in her cave? It wasn't until later in the game that I even found that out, and then I read on this site that I needed to do it on the 2nd disc to get it from her.
    You can do this anytime in disc 2 or 3, once you've got the means to reach her cave.
    And what's this I hear about a Bahamut Sin materia? *Sheesh* I'm even driving myself crazy with all the questions.
    Lies, damned lies and FFVII rumours.

As regards to vincents limit break......there are 2 oarts to this quest....firstly on disk 2 you must take vincent to lucrecias cave and talk wiht lucrecia...this can only be done on disk 2....

then on disk 3 come back again with vincent in your party and you will find vincents 4th limit break and ultimate weapon...if you can call it that....

but you must first complete the disk 2 part where you talk to lucrecia or you cannot do the 2nd part on disk 3....

Gimme a break!
    There is no good without evil.....
    ....So..Is it good to be evil or evil to be good

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD
    You're the only person I know who can see her 'ghost' while she's still alive... of course, I don't doubt your word, but I *do* think this might be a glitch specific to your copy of the game. For everyone else I know, her ghost appears post mortem, and disappears when Cloud tries to approach.
    What I find odd about this is that everyone I've spoken to on the matter (at least a dozen people) have also been able to see this "ghost" on Disc 1. Just go there after she gets kidnapped by Tseng and look at the middle of the screen as it loads (or the flower bed, as the case may be).

FFVII Citadel -- while often full of [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] -- also confirmed this.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

i tested it also clouds a schizo then so errr dont trust it unless she was cloned

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Well crap!!! That means I can't get them because I didn't even know that was a cave behind the waterfall when I was on disc 2. That is one of the downfalls of playing a game like that without a guide or anything. Oh well, I guess I don't really need it cuz with Cloud at level 97 and having the 4X-cut, Tifa at level 93, and everyone else in the 80's levels , it would (will) be easy to beat Sephy again if I so choose to. I really wanted to see it though.

Its a left over. In the beginning they were going ot allow you to resurect Aries, but in the end they got rid of that due to time and money. They had some of the programming already done, so they just did some quick fixes, leaving behind some of the original stuff. The 'ghost' of aries was one of these
    Oh no, the end has fallen off - Uri De'Jeller

About the ghost while she still lives, I have seen it too. You can only see it if you visit the church at the very last moment you can before leaving Midgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanwen Strife
    Its a left over. In the beginning they were going ot allow you to resurect Aries, but in the end they got rid of that due to time and money. They had some of the programming already done, so they just did some quick fixes, leaving behind some of the original stuff. The 'ghost' of aries was one of these
    You shouldnt post "believable" lies. They never intended to revive her. Its genuinely just supposed to appear as a reminder of her after shes died.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanwen Strife
    As Destai said, they never intended to revive her. Consult this webpage: Linkage.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I have never seen Aeris's ghost... If I go in the church after she dies I can see it?