Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much should I pay Yojimbo for Zanmato?

Default How much should I pay Yojimbo for Zanmato?

Okay, so how much should I pay Yojimbo so that he could his special attack Zanmato that reduces enemy's hp to 1?
    "The people and the friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

There is no set limit on the amount of money you need to pay Yojimbo to see Zanmato.

The attack that he does depends on many variables, the most important of which is his 'affection' level with you (the starting value depends on which version of FFX you have and which response you gave Yojimbo when you acquired him at the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth).

Then there are other factors such as his motivation level (this is where gil comes in), whether he has a full overdrive bar, and what Zanmato resistence level the fiends you're fighting have.

Most of this is probably going over your head but I posted more in depth about how the system works in a previous thread, do a search. Also there is a very in-depth FAQ at GameFAQs that explains the exact mechanics of it all.

The most powerful of all! Bahumat's Avatar

Zanmato kills all opponents. It doesn't take them down to 1. Just clearing that up.
    *Insert witty quote here*

"That's not a knife! This is a knife!"
    "Yup. And this, this is a crossbow...."

Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb"

"I am the Alpha, of your Omega.
    I am the Beginning, of your End."
    -Agent Smith

Member of the KH Trinity

oh er.....hehe.......but in Final Fantasy X2, it reduces the enemies hp to 1! They changed it? Well, I dunno.
    Erm, for the response I gave to Yojimbo, I chose "To defeat the most powerful of enemies"
    "The people and the friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

I usually just give about 7mil to him and he does the Zanmato...I couldn't be bothered to fight Nemesis.... I just wanted the items. So I gave him 7 mil and waddaya know.... SSSRRRRRRZLAAASSHH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    oh er.....hehe.......but in Final Fantasy X2, it reduces the enemies hp to 1! They changed it? Well, I dunno.
    Erm, for the response I gave to Yojimbo, I chose "To defeat the most powerful of enemies"
    The reason it only takes your charcters hp down to 1 in X-2 is because it would be impossible to beat him if it killed everyone straight away, and the amount of times he used it when i battled him was something like 3, and I usally give him about 4million gil and he uses it then.
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

10,000 is what you give it to kill the final form of seymour so about 10,000 gil
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Ouzespu ec famm fundr ehjacdehk sucd uv ouin kem eh frah vekrdehk y naymmo duikr paycd dryd oui lyh'd kad bycd...sucd baubma femm ica res uh dra tyng yauhc un syopa ajah caosuin eh rec mydan cdykac.

I just started using him a lot, and each time I would give him 1,000 or 2,000 gil. Eventually he would start doing attacks without me paying him, and eventually he would start doing Zanmato. It depends on many things, but he'll start doing it. Against a boss however you are going to have fork over the gil, probably in the millions.

Quote Originally Posted by DHEvil
    Ouzespu ec famm fundr ehjacdehk sucd uv ouin kem eh frah vekrdehk y naymmo duikr paycd dryd oui lyh'd kad bycd...sucd baubma femm ica res uh dra tyng yauhc un syopa ajah caosuin eh rec mydan cdykac.
    TRANSLATION :

Yojimbo is well worth investing most of your gil in when fighting a really tough beast that you can't get past...most people will use him on the dark aeons or maybe even seymour in his later stages.

Gimme a break!
    There is no good without evil.....
    ....So..Is it good to be evil or evil to be good

Thanks a lot you guys! While I was battling Seymour at Mt Gagazet, I gave all my money to Yojimbo which is approximately 80,000 but all he does is Wazikashi! I got sooooooo mad at him!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

pay him at least 1000 everytime you pay him.

zanmatos for me are very common, ussualy even instantanious.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

You Shouldn't!!! Unless it's a storyline boss.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

The most powerful of all! Bahumat's Avatar

I pay 1 gil and he uses Zanmato.......except against bosses.

Usually I pay half of my money, and that get's Zanmato.
    *Insert witty quote here*

"That's not a knife! This is a knife!"
    "Yup. And this, this is a crossbow...."

Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb"

"I am the Alpha, of your Omega.
    I am the Beginning, of your End."
    -Agent Smith

Member of the KH Trinity

i pay him by the millions. the money-humper, he just wants all my cash. first i would lower the enemy's HP and make sure Yojimbo's Overdrive gauge is full. then i pay him. sometimes he uses Wakizashi in place of it. don't know if it's the best method, but that's all i know.