Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who else hate Yuna

Who else hate Yuna

I was wondering who else don't like Yuna. I noticed that lots of people like her and I thought that
    maybe it's somthing wrong with me cause I deeply hate her. It's annoying me the way she's
    talking: "Oh...I will...defeat...Sin...oh...I must...defeat...Sin", "Be strong",
    "I'm so sad... you know?". Sides she's ugly and have awful shoes. She also hasn't
    a personality and she was easy. What do you thinking? Does anyone agree with me?
    Enter The Wired....

...join me into my pilgrimage of destroying yuna....Ahahaha

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I think the reason they made her speak so haltingly could be due to needing to lip-synch the translation. I thought Yuna was wonderful. She was a very strong person, despite the fact that everyday she was heading off (SPOILER)to her death. To sacrifice her life, so that the rest of the world could be happy.

Just because she didnt have a personality you liked, doesnt mean she didnt have one. She was a quiet and shy person, but very strong. She always put others before herself, again, to the point I mentioned in my spoiler.

Ugly? Not really, but whatever you say. I dont think that's a good reason to dislike someone, same with the ugly shoes.

Easy? How so? She kissed the man she loved. I think only twice. [sarcasm]Wow, what a skank.[/sarcasm]

Everybody has their likes and dislikes for people. As for me, I have no opinion until I actually know something about them, and usually, I find I like them, so long as they're not "bullies" (make fun of or push people for malicious reasons). If she's the silent, shy type, why the flak should you care?

To answer your question, no, I didn't hate Yuna.

:shoot:

Ekhm, well I know lots of people like her so I asked who don't. I don't know why but somhow
    it reject me from her (I hope I heven't done misteke in this sentence). It's not wrong that
    she is shy and quiet but she is so 'oh no, it is my fault, I have to protect the world...'
    And she WAS easy. She almost didn't know Tidus. She is a little girl (just 17) and
    she act like an adult. It's not fit to her. Sides she haven't done anything important to save
    the world. She just summoned aeons. It could also been Dona or Isaaru. Maybe I'm just jealus
    about Tidus (he is so cute) but I want to know is anyone agree with me or maybe I am the
    only one who dislike her so much.
    Enter The Wired....

Blog Entries

Let's take into account that Spira didn't have any modern medical technology like we do in the real world. And Sin went around killing everyone and destroying everything. The life expectancy for Spirans may have been very low and 17 might have been the equivalent of an adult. Besides, aged 17, raging hormones, same with Tidus. It was bound to happen. And it happened in the cutest way possible. I thought she was a pleasant character, I don't think I would have been too happy marching off (SPOILER)to die but Yuna did it with a smile and in my opinion, that's very admirable.

I thought her boots were cool.

Geez you all are so creepy here. Stop attacking me. If you like her stop posting here. I know many many people like her, you don't have to tell me. Sorry if I offense you. But I still hate her whathever you say. Hit me. I wanted to do a little propaganda against Yuna but I guess I lost.
    Too bad. So if anyone want to destroy Yuna I' m always on.
    Enter The Wired....

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

No one's attacking you. We're having a discussion, that's what message boards are for. We're as free to post why we like Yuna as you are as to why you don't.

Anyway, I still don't see why she's easy. She knew Tidus for quite a long time (I'm guessing that by the time they'd got to the Macalenia woods, it had been weeks, or maybe even a month or two, in game time) and like I said, she only kissed him. They were in love with eachother, that's what people in love do. If she was easy, she would have started making out with him from day one and had sex on the first night and all that crap.

I do have a little tip though; don't be so easily offended. It's just a character. You seem to be blowing things out of proportion.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

*puts administrator hat on*

Lain, everyone is welcome to post their opinions here, you included. The fact that most people do not agree with you, does not mean that they are attacking you. I actually found everyone to be quite respectful, and their opionions well thought out. Please relax a tad; I wouldn't want anyone to start flaming in this thread.

*takes admin hat off*

Yuna was pretty cool for whatever reasons TheAbominatrix said.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with TheAbominatrix, completely.
    After losing her father in the fight against Sin - a sacrifice that brought Spira merely a few years of peace - Yuna decided to commit to becoming a Summoner, to making the same pilgrimage and the same sacrifice. That takes enormous strength. She trains and learns and studies, gaining the power to save the world by ending her own life at the age of 17, when most people have barely begun to live. Even on her journey, she remains upbeat, trying to bring happiness wherever she can. Even when she's surrounded by death and suffering, like in Kilika and after Operation Mi'ihen, she tirelessly gives her all to ease suffering. And the entire time, she knows that every step she takes is taking her toward her death, a death that'll keep others safe for a short time, and earn her a statue in a few temples.

In short, there are few characters in the game as brave and selfless as her.

Personally, I liked the mixture of sadness and determination, the bittersweet emotions she carried because of her chosen path. Only once is she seen to cry during the game, and those tears come because she can't stay with the man she's falling for: she's upset because her own goal will deprive someone else of his dreams and happiness. Instead of being miserable about her own doom, she tries to seize the moment and enjoy her pilgrimage as much as possible. Even when new hope appears, and it seems that her sacrifice is no longer needed, she remains on the front lines, battling to free Spira once and for all.

As for her outfit, I consider Yuna the best-dressed female in any FF game, with that unique blend of traditional Japanese and contemporary styles that she wears in FFX.

I may be almost alone in this, but I adored Hedy Burgess' voice acting, too. Yuna's mix of vulnerability and conviction shone through really well, the melancholy aspects of her persona as well as her brighter side. Even if she had to speak at an odd tempo because of lip-synch issues.

Here's a suggestion, if you hated her in X, then play X-2, her personality is much more free-spirited and better, altough she isn't exactly 100% mature, she still has some going in her.

I agree with everything BigD said (except for the best dressed thing, not badly dressed at all, just not the best)

And I remember disliking her voice when I played FFX. But when I played FFX-2 and saw how her voice changed along with her character, and then juxtaposed the two voices in my mind in correlation with the character, I now rather enjoy her voice in FFX, along with FFX-2. Honestly I can't really remember why I didn't like it in the first place.

Sorry Lain, but you seem to be the only one who hates Yuna so far.

:shoot:

I agree with everything that Abominatrix, Big D, and Pine said about Yuna; and yes, Lain, no one is attacking you. Calm down. You have a right to your opinion, but I, for example, strongly disagree with you about Yuna (my views on Yuna are like the others' in this post) , but remember, it's not an attack.

offcourse yuna acts like an adult.her whole life she has been training for the final summoningen, or send the dead. ehm... those task kinda make you mature right?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like her in theory, she's brave and very selfless, but her voice acting and her cheesiness around Tidus kinda bugged me. She was very cool with the (SPOILER)"Believe me" thing when she jumped off Bevelle, but at other times like the "The wind... it's nice." "Mmmm" "Ah-ha-ha!" scene, she was annoying.

And I thought she was very pretty. Though those shoes were ugly. xD