Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FFX way too easy(spoilers)

Default FFX way too easy(spoilers)

Some FF's are easier than others but this one is so easy its pathetic. The whole game I died twice, once on the monster with the mines because i wasn't paying attention to how the mines worked and once to jecht because i accidentally let him use his overdrive.
    but honestly.......the battle system gives you all the time in the world, the ultimate aeons are relatively easy to get, and you can use zombie on the final boss so he hurts himself 9999 every turn! i could do 99999 damage with about 20 different attacks, Anima's regular attack did that to some monsters. Pain and his overdrive both always did that much. the idea of the switch system was nice, but i ended up only using tidus, yuna and auron and leaving the rest with their starting skills.

most FF games are a test of skill knowing what to do, before you do it. But FFX is more about stratagy, planing what you need to do, and preperation, i dunno bout others, but i like the fact that you get to have a good think about tour moves before you make em. Also it requires paictience if you wanna complette it to the fullest extent. I really think that square just wanted to do sumfink different and see how people reacted.

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

If your just talking about the travelling thru the story line and keeping pace with your levels then id have to say this game was pretty easy. No where near as easy as FFIV or VII tho. Some places it could be difficult like the Seymour fight on Gagazet battle (which everyone complains about) but most of it was quite easy. I thought Jecht was hardish the first time i played.....i actually had to go off and train up a bit before beating him. The rest of the final bosses are jokes

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It's only that easy if you make it that easy. Every FF is that way, including FFVII. Infact, with the right materia setup, it's impossible to die...which, technically would make it the easiest FF there is. Of course, getting youself to that point is hard and takes tons of time ...so I guess that would still make it challenging...oh well.

The first time I played FFX I didn't get myself all powered up like that and it was effing hard. You should try it...or better yet, you should try the final boss on FFX-2.
    I like Kung-Fu.

i agree its easy i dont prepare for anything and so far ive died once against yunalesca
    If Rubbing Frozen Dirt Into Your Crotch Is Wrong Then God Help Me I Dont Want To Be Right.

Which FF Character Are You?

I Gotta Say
    FFX Was The First FF I Played
    And Only Some Battles Were Hard

Like Seymour 3, Or Believe Me, I Had A Hard Time Against Evrae Once
    But Then

FF IX Was Easier For Me

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was short, which I blame on the main story. There wasn't much content or twists to it, and the love story just seemed like padding to make it seem like more was going on.

yeah FFX is my least favorite FF by far.......partially because in the other ones i think the love story is done very well and it seems, well real. in FFX it just felt plastic and fake, especially because yuna never says "tidus." that was the real killer.

its hard if you dont understand it, i guess thats the same with all FFs. but what i dont understand is why some people go around the whole sphere grid with every character.........that is completely unecessary.

its the final bosses i guess. for a game which by the end your party is so good, they should have made the final bosses have about 1 million HP, except for jecht he was a bit tricky.

I had my three main fighters get their ultimate weapons and go all around the sphere grid (Tidus, Rikku, Yuna). But that was my second playthrough, just to see if I could do it. My first one was harder, but I never died. Seymour 3 (I think it's flux) wasn't bad, once you learned his telltale moves. Besides, I had Rikku mix me up an electro marble with a petrify grenade and poisoned him, doing 1500 damage every turn.

like it was stated above all final fantasy's are easy to a certain extent. they all get easier as you go through. for me i've beaten the game before but i saved it right before i go into sin so that i could do all the other things. try going around the whole sphere grid with everyone. it takes a long time. plus now i am making so that all of my characters gain almost 10 times the normal ap during battles and making it so that they never die. all of my characters stats are at the max (except for luck cuz you really dont need that). plus they all have 99,999 hp. it was hard but the reward for doing everything to make your party invincible is pretty good.

the storyline was extremely weak but it was the first final fantasy square made for the ps2 so it would be weak in some areas. there are many points where i wish that it would have been more difficult but for the most part it didnt get extremely easy until you after you fight yunalesca.

over all i enjoyed the game but more for its music not gameplay. FFVII will always be the best ff for me(partly because that was the first final fantasy i played).

my thanks to Blitz Ace for the sig

"We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other." Leon (Kingdom Hearts)

FFX's music? hmm, i was really unimpressed by the music, unlike all the other FF games. the only really good music was the seymour music(normal and battle), the yevon song, guadosalam and of course the chocobo music. even so, about 5 excellent music tracks for an FF game is very unimpressive.

but of course the music is better than in X-2.

Try completeing their arsenal of Celestial weapons and see what a pain in the ass it is (Damn Chocobo Race).

But as a treat, all those hard work will eventually pay off. Jecht is as helpless as a fly if you battle him with all Celestials and fully-geared Aeons.

IMO FFX is only a challenging game if you finished it without the Celestials. FFVII's Sephiroth was still a huge chore even of you had KotR (Knights of the Round).

FFIX personally speaking is the easiest once you crack the Auto-Potion/Auto-Regen combo. You're invincible!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Auto-potion/Auto-Regen isnt always a good thing, such as in the Yunalessca battle, ur in Zombie most of the time, and is u find u have auto-regen, your stuffed!
    Like was said b4, the game is only really easy, if u make it really easy, and thats just stupid. I think it was a real bummer that they never said "Tidus" tis anoyed the hell outta me, would b better if they didnt let u choose his name.

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

Bleh...the end boss is definately too easy! Stupid yevon...stupid auto-auto-life...it's impossible to die! What sort of end boss is so easy?!?

Some of the earlier bosses though, were a bugger! Especially Seymour in various forms, although at the time I hadn't quite mastered the art of training up...and also I didn't realise that I had Shiva in Macalania...what a foo! OnceI noticed her, needless to say, Seymour got a whupping!

Thanks to VoodooChild for the great siggy...

sum ppl, wen fighting Yu Yevon, dont know the whole "reflect" thing, and r kickin themselves at the fact they dunno how to do it! Seymour was always a hassle, no matter wat u did.