Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help on anything and anypart on FFT

you all are well right its been along time and i just beat the game it feels so good.

Next question. . .

Okay, I'm getting ready to start on the first Bariaus Hill encounter. I took a look at it last night to get an overview, but didn't do much. When the Summoners stepped out from behind the plateau, I was all, "Crap. . .okay, time for bed.", and quickly switched it off.

The Realm 4.0 was helpful, but I think I need some extra detailed tips for this one. Here's what I got. Everyone's in their very low 20's where level is concerned. Ramza is currently a Squire w/additional Time Mage abilities. I also got. . .

- A bootylicious Lancer/Priest

- A Ninja/Time Mage close to having 2-sword and Equip Armor

- A Samurai/Knight w/no weapons

- A Mediator/Priest with Equip gun

- A Mage with Equip armor (THANKS Red!!!), every spell up to Frog, countermagic, a poison rod, and White Magic avail.

QUESTION(S):

- Should I hold off a bit until my ninja has the two new abilities, or should I even include ninja in the party?

- What do I do with a Samurai who can't do Draw-Out? Switch back to Knight?

- Are there any necessary classes I should switch to?

- And another thing. Should I take Mustadio's gun now that my Mediator can equip it? That would give me a little more control over targets rather than relying on an AI, right? Or should I hand it back to Mustadio? If I do take his gun, what substitute job should I give Mustadio?

Thanks again,

-PJ
    Last edited by obiwanjacoby; 07-06-2005 at 09:32 PM. Reason: More questions. . .

Its all your decision...

Samurais with no Draw out ability isnt something to fret over. i think Draw Out is rather weak, but thats personal opinion.. Just make sure he has a decent second skill set. if you mastered the knight one, that'd do fine.

Ninjas are by far the most useful offensive generic unit. Equip him the knight skill Equip Sword, then arm him with your two best kinght swords, have Ramza ot whomever has haste cast it on him and send him out to kill those summoners before they become a nuisance. Ninjas rule. If possible give him an equipment like earth clothes or something that gives decent HP boost and additional status assistance.

You have Lancer, Knight, Ninja.. just make sure to have someone who can heal and revive. Monks are great for doing all that and not being wusses. Experiment to find a team you like.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

hay anyone ever tried keeping all your guys u get keep them till level 99 then start of with new guys it shocked me when they were in the battle field after i checked there stats soon at level 20 there attack and magic for whatever job is really weak cuz they grow so many levels with the last equiptment man that totally sucks agris's Holy explosion is well it just sucks ass. Oh and i have something to say about the samuria draw out skill its onlly usefull if u know all the moves in the bigging so thats why i train but even when u give them JP up the get job points slow as hell but all there good for is the two weapon thing they learn for anything. True?
    Darkness........ A strange element yet how are we able to use such a power?

Whoa there... thats a big sentence... Punctuation can do wonders, as well as some spelling checks.

Yeah, I once made all my generics lv 99 then had fun trying to level a new rookie. Of course they suck.

I tried, I really did, but I couldn't make any sense of what you wrote about samurais. Sorry, I dont speak run-on. Try French, I can read that. no wait don't.. they have more punctuation than english. Maybe if you slow down, and rephrase your last post or something.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Eternal Dark Knight, do you mean the Two Hands ability? I find the increased attack power is not worth loosing the option to equip a shield. If you meant Two Swords, that's a Ninja skill.

Earlier on, I found Koutetsu (moderate damage) and Murasame (heals HP) particularly useful Draw Out skills. Later on Kiyomori (Shell, Protect) and Kikuichimoji (straight line attack) pay for themselves in battle. Mamasune is a great Draw Out skill, but hampered by the fact you only have one katana, and if it breaks, you can't get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCydranth
    Whoa there... thats a big sentence... Punctuation can do wonders, as well as some spelling checks.

Yeah, I once made all my generics lv 99 then had fun trying to level a new rookie. Of course they suck.

I tried, I really did, but I couldn't make any sense of what you wrote about samurais. Sorry, I dont speak run-on. Try French, I can read that. no wait don't.. they have more punctuation than english. Maybe if you slow down, and rephrase your last post or something.
    Hay i was in a hurry to go swimming anyways yah I type well messy. oh and to the one guy uh his name is uh (BG-57) yah the two hands abillity and in the bigging since they diidn't have the two hand abillity i gave them two sword abillity because one sword sucks really badly specially since there attack drops I think but anyways yah and I don't speak RUn-on Damm you! thats what i was saying mostly about since alll the moves for samuria basicly need a type of nife what it should of done is give u all the tricks for Draw-Out-skill tobad though I have to keep switching the nife for my samuria just for a move. One quistion as i was growing up watching my uncle play FFT i thought heavens Cloud cure there team instead it kills bad guys?
    Darkness........ A strange element yet how are we able to use such a power?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm lukewarm about Samurais myself. They are well protected and can attack a group at once, but I find using Holy in combination with Math Skills generally works better.

Heaven's Cloud deals damage to enemies with the possibility of inflicting the status ailment Slow.

Update. . .

Okay. . .here's where I'm at:

- Just finished the first Bariaus Valley encounter. I decided that having a perm. Agrias was so cool that I hung around to get him the same level as the rest of my party. Did the same w/Mustadio while I was at it.

- So everyone is avg. lvl. 35-40. I got Agrias, Mustadio, Ramza (as a Master Knight/Squire), a Master Mediator, a "Near-Master" Black Mage, a Bootylicious Lancer, a Samurai, and a Master Ninja.

Questions:

- I put Summon on two characters a long time ago. They're not getting any JP toward better Summon magic. I'm stuck on Moogle. What am I doing wrong?

- I set "two-sword" on my ninja, she's still stuck with these damn flails. I was expecting something better than this. What, she can't use Katanas hand-to-hand?

- I read on The Realm 4.0 about what's expected to come. I'm trying to play easy since I hate resetting all the time. With that in mind, should I stay on my current maxed-out jobs. or go ahead and switch to something else? How much of a priority is it to keep learning stuff if you have the character classes you want?

- I'm told Calculators are invaluable and you can't finish the game without them. Would now be a good time to switch my Mediator to Calculator, or should I wait until after I face Gafgarion?

- Is it possible to steal Gafgarion's sword at the Golgorand execution site? Is it worth the resets if I fail a few times?

- If I wanted to get through this next one super-quick, should I concentrate on Gafgarion or the Time Mages?

- If you were in my situation, what characters would you prefer to take along & why?

Apologies for the long post. I had a really hard time with this game the past 12 hours or so and I'm WIRED on Coca-Cola & toll-house chocloate chips. My gawd, I love this game ! ! ! !

-PJ

Quote Originally Posted by obiwanjacoby
    - I put Summon on two characters a long time ago. They're not getting any JP toward better Summon magic. I'm stuck on Moogle. What am I doing wrong?
    In order to earn Summoner JP, you must be a summoner. (Not a black mage w/ summon magic as a secondary skill) Change your mage's job to summoner and then give him that nearly mastered Black Magic as a secondary skill. And I suggest 'Gained JP up' because Summoner spells are expensive.

- I set "two-sword" on my ninja, she's still stuck with these damn flails. I was expecting something better than this. What, she can't use Katanas hand-to-hand?
    Ninjas have the two swords ability automatically, you don't need to equip it. But they can't use Katanas, those are for Samurai. You can buy ninja swords at trade cities: Dorter, Warjilis, and Zarghidas. I prefer swords to flails too.

- I read on The Realm 4.0 about what's expected to come. I'm trying to play easy since I hate resetting all the time. With that in mind, should I stay on my current maxed-out jobs. or go ahead and switch to something else? How much of a priority is it to keep learning stuff if you have the character classes you want?
    It just helps to have at least 2 mastered classes for each character so that you can equip a good secondary skill. For instance that Summoner with Black Magic I mentioned earlier. Or a Ninja with mastered 'Steal' abilities is very nice...

- I'm told Calculators are invaluable and you can't finish the game without them. Would now be a good time to switch my Mediator to Calculator, or should I wait until after I face Gafgarion?
    Yes calculators are great! (Or I should say, Math Skill is great!) Turn your best magic user into a calculator as early as possible. Calculators use almost all of the spells from Oracle, Time, Black, and Priest, but no summons so the ideal I.M.H.O. is to have a Summoner with Math Skill as a secondary ability. Caculators as a primary job are kinda crappy because they are slow. So master their math skills a.s.a.p. and then change them into Summoners or others.

- Is it possible to steal Gafgarion's sword at the Golgorand execution site? Is it worth the resets if I fail a few times?
    Possible? Very. And I recommend it because without his sword, Gafgarion is useless. He can't use his sword skills, so he just goes around punching people But there is no need to reset if you don't get his Blood Sword, you can poach them from Hyudras (3 headed dragons) later with 'Secret Hunt'.

- If I wanted to get through this next one super-quick, should I concentrate on Gafgarion or the Time Mages?
    Concentrate your spells on the Mages, and send a couple of theives (or ninja/thieves ) after Gaffy.

- If you were in my situation, what characters would you prefer to take along & why?
    To the execution site battle? I bring Ramza as a Thief with 'Guts' secondary, a Ninja/Thief, and a Monk/Thief, because I am a klepto-poacher and I absolutely must take everyone's equipment in every battle. I also bring a Summoner w/math, and a Black mage w/ math for spells. Calculating 'Holy' or 'Flare' on height=X3 takes care of those Time Mages real quick, as they are standing at a height of 9.

Apologies for the long post. I had a really hard time with this game the past 12 hours or so and I'm WIRED on Coca-Cola & toll-house chocloate chips. My gawd, I love this game ! ! ! !
    Glad to hear you're hooked on tactics too!! yeah, it rules

-PJ[/QUOTE]
    Anarcho-syndicalism is a way of preserving freedom...

Good Job Despotus. Great answers.

My choice to take to ther Golgorand Execution site is Ramza Ninja sub theif (the guts skill doesn't help me much here, as its a battle i like to end quickly). I hava Agrias as her base class, her secons skill set is irrelevant since her base is what you'll be using. in case gaff actually hurts Ramza, I have Mustadio as a Chemist sub Snipe.

on the other side, under the archway, I have 2 lancers sub monk. Ignore Height is a must, and have them jump up to the top and take out those Time mages ASAP. They have an unusually high rate of success when I play that level so i like to dispatch them quickly. Th monk skill helps in case something happens you can charka, revive or Stigma. Also, the ability of Wave Fist and Earth Slash are great if you cant quite get to them.

That's my strategy for thet level.

About Gafgarion's Blood Sword. Not a must, but it'll help to give ramza theifa dnbtake the sword from him, that way he doesnt heal himself what he hurts.

Interesting fact, if you use the Night Sword ability while equipped with the blood sword, you hurt yourself and heal the target. (Orlandu can do that)