Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help on anything and anypart on FFT

Default Help on anything and anypart on FFT

Well even though im just a kid can't beleive i made this cool well i need help on FFT

Well what exactly do you need help with?

better yet, what CHAPTER are you in, for starters....
    Of all the games that i find well worth the work, I can only say that three can properly qualify for the category. And of the three, one is, but of corse, FFVII. The other twon games which i couldn't depart from are Xenogears and FFT. And i also found a pattern, All of which were released 1997 or 1998 and were on PS. I have lost some faith in Squaresoft when they merged with Enix, they no longer adapt a well-thought plot as nearly as much as the older titles. And thus, I say to you Square-Enix, "Up yours!"

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, we cannot help you if you don't state the problem.

(psst, his avatar is a Squire of course hes a noob!) im just kidding man.
    Of all the games that i find well worth the work, I can only say that three can properly qualify for the category. And of the three, one is, but of corse, FFVII. The other twon games which i couldn't depart from are Xenogears and FFT. And i also found a pattern, All of which were released 1997 or 1998 and were on PS. I have lost some faith in Squaresoft when they merged with Enix, they no longer adapt a well-thought plot as nearly as much as the older titles. And thus, I say to you Square-Enix, "Up yours!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    Well what exactly do you need help with?
    well if your reading this im at well after the battle of finaly killing Gafgarion if thats how you spell his name it wasn't a fair fight because my guys were at level 50 i was training hard and Ramza was a Geomencer i still killed him at 2 turns and i need help on diffent type of jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khimbar
    (psst, his avatar is a Squire of course hes a noob!) im just kidding man.

hay man thats rong well i mastered Squire of course with all my guys

Don't double post, use the edit/delete button instead

just like a rundown of the different jobs? or suggestions?

63% of statistics are made up on the spot.

if you are level 50 when you beat gafgarion, you're doing fine. With all your fighter units master all of the fighting classes. With your magic units master all the magic classes. make a few people do a little of both to get the harder classes like Mime, bard and Dancer.

Experiment with different combinations of classes and skills, soon you'll find which abilities are the best and which weren't so good. Make an elite team. Or have fun and challenge yourself by making different teams (all White Mages, All Calculators, All Monsters etc.)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

all Chemists/Mediators. GUNS GALORE!

63% of statistics are made up on the spot.

*yawn* Another Newb reporting. . .

Hi, I'm also a new member here and a new player. I just started chapter two. Gah, so many questions, I dunno where to start.

1. One of my characters just became a Mediator. How come she can't perform any of the "Talk" skills yet?

2. What do I do with Ramza? He stayed a knight for the longest time until I started messing around with jobs. He moonlighted as a Summoner briefly and then I decided to put him back on knight.

3. How do I take advantage of the "equip armor" skill? My mages have it, how do I exploit it?

4. Is it okay just to concentrate on five members? What's the ideal mix of classes?

5. I just started Chap. 2 and one of my characters just became a Lancer. Where can I get a spear for her?

I know I'm just doing this all wrong. . .

- Paul Jacoby

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. One of my characters just became a Mediator. How come she can't perform any of the "Talk" skills yet?
    The only thing I can think of is that you haven't spent the JP to learn the abilities yet.

2. What do I do with Ramza? He stayed a knight for the longest time until I started messing around with jobs. He moonlighted as a Summoner briefly and then I decided to put him back on knight.
    Ramza's Squire job can be pretty good with Scream (he can also learn Ultima if it's cast upon him). I made him a Squire and then gave him Calculator abilities as a secondary skill.

3. How do I take advantage of the "equip armor" skill? My mages have it, how do I exploit it?
    Equipping it and equipping strong armor allows your mages to have much higher HP and defense, which can be quite good in most cases.

4. Is it okay just to concentrate on five members? What's the ideal mix of classes?
    You'll never have more than five members in a battle, so it's perfectly fine. I like to have two fighters and two casters personally, and replace them with the special characters as I get them.

5. I just started Chap. 2 and one of my characters just became a Lancer. Where can I get a spear for her?
    Head up to Igros Castle, they should sell it.

Thumbs up

The only thing I can think of is that you haven't spent the JP to learn the abilities yet.
    Yer um. . .prolly right.

Ramza's Squire job can be pretty good with Scream (he can also learn Ultima if it's cast upon him). I made him a Squire and then gave him Calculator abilities as a secondary skill.
    Uh. . .(searching) is "scream" the same as "yell"?

Equipping it and equipping strong armor allows your mages to have much higher HP and defense, which can be quite good in most cases.
    And they'll just automatically wear armor if you do that? I don't get it.

Head up to Igros Castle, they should sell it.
    Geez, thanks. That was frustrating. BRB 4 more later. Just not confident with this kind of RPG. Or RPGs in general for that matter.

Thanks again for the help and understanding.

-PJ

Quote Originally Posted by RedCydranth
    if you are level 50 when you beat gafgarion, you're doing fine. With all your fighter units master all of the fighting classes. With your magic units master all the magic classes. make a few people do a little of both to get the harder classes like Mime, bard and Dancer.

Experiment with different combinations of classes and skills, soon you'll find which abilities are the best and which weren't so good. Make an elite team. Or have fun and challenge yourself by making different teams (all White Mages, All Calculators, All Monsters etc.)
    Holy crap! I must be doing terrible! I just beat gafgarion as well but I was only at like..level 21 lol. Guess I need to train a WHOLE lot more...

And let the shadows take you away...
    RPG Palace - My forums.. I don't have many members so they are kinda boring right now...

There is no prerequisite level to be when facing gafgarion, he said he was level 50, and i was telling him he was doing fine, if you beat him at level 21, then you too are doing well. You might want to power up some so that later battles aren't too difficult.

Obi Wan - You might be trying to talk with animals... if you want to talk to animals and monsters you'll need monster talk, the squire ability (if i recall properly).

What you do with Ramza is your concern. If you want him to be a mage, let him learn magic. The great thing about FFT is theres no set way to progress your characters. I often made him a theif since he's in 99% of my battles. After that i just did whatever.

Yell and Scream are two separate moves, seeing as you are in Chapter 2, you don't have Scream yet. Every time a new chapter begins, check Ramza's Squire job for new skills. You'll eventually get Scream. Later on Ultima is a secret ability he can aquire.

To optimize the use of Equip Armor (the knight ability) on a mage is to set it to them and then go equip any armor a knight normally can wear. Without this equipped mages can only equip Robes and such. Now they can wear the heavy duty armors Knights and lancers use.

5 Members is okay, but to make the most efficient parties, I'd suggest leveling up 7 or 8 different units to get a menagerie of different classes and abilities at your disposal. And once you start getting more unique units Always master their original "squire" class, with the exception of Rafa and Malak who are limited in use altogether.

Where things are bought in the game are set in various places. Early on Igros Castle has all the Bows and lancer stuff, whereas Dorter and Gariland have more magical weapons like staves and knives. Later on, you'll want to frequent Goug to get various guns as I believe thats the only place (until later on when you get a lot more of the northern areas open) to get Guns. It gets to be a pain in the butt to travel all the way to Igros everytime you want weapons, so make note of what cities sell what.

Acclimating to RPGs is difficult if you are used to the adventure style of Zelda and Metroid ar even harder if you are an FPS lover. Your choice in Tactics to play as an RPG is not the wisest to get into the swing of RPGs but if you can handle tactics, then most other RPGs won't be too much different. Theres the occasional curveball that we call magic systems that you'll need to adjust to. And in other cases (Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia) the entire battle system is different.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

Thumbs up

Thanks Red. Sage advice all.

-PJ