Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: So you're new to EoFF. Want to stay?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default So you're new to EoFF. Want to stay?

Your only way to be a permanent fixture at these forums, or get noticed as quickly as possible, besides posting a thread stating you're new is to get involved with EoFF.

How you want to get involved is up to you newbies. One of the best way to become a "household" name in these forums is to register when the EoFF Elections are taking place. That is usually in February of every year, you will get noticed if you join a party and participate in the Elections.

Another way is to post lots, and by posting, I don't mean spamming. There are several threads where you can get away with spam, but when all you post is spam, you will likely get caught and be warned by the staff, and when that happens to you, your chances of staying is decreased.

Everything involves getting involved in EoFF, participate in the Eyes on YOU feature that TheAbomination is doing, enter some of the contests that may run in the future, join the chatroom at #eoff on irc.ffchat.net on mIRC. Answer the Usernotes you may get from the friendly members of EoFF, and befriend them. It all starts with becoming involved, the quicker you get involved, the more likely you will stick around and become a noted member of EoFF. Chances are, if you stick around long enough and make worthwhile posts, you may even get the opportunity to get asked by the staff to become a Cid's Knight. It happened before where newer members were knighted early since registering, and it can happen again. It all depends on how involved you become after you register to these forums.

You may choose to start a newbie thread, which will give you some attention for you to decide whether to get involved, or you may simply get straight into the action and start posting as if you were already a member. It's all up to how you want to get involved in EoFF, because that is your only way if you want to stay for a long time and become recognized by everyone else.

(And yes, there is a topic to this thread, and that is, do you believe what I have said? Is getting involved really the way to become a "permanent" member of EoFF?")

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's no EoFF Introduction mp3, but hey, that's pretty much it.

Proto's recruiting newbies for his Hall of Fame Committee again. :rolleyes2

For most, involved simply means posting frequently. That's good enough.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

EoFF needs a themesong. But yeah, Proto, that's the basic concept. Posting 1000 times in your first month here may help you befriend a few people who joined the same time you did, but it's not going to establish you with the rest of the members. Showing you're intelligent is key, as is being likeable, or at least very strong in your opinions. Although aiming for Cid's Knight from day one seems a bit overzealous.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meh. Not worth the effort.

Pretty good advice though, Prot.

Considering all* the current Cid's Knights registered AFTER me, I'd say it's reasonable.

*edit: D'oh, forgot Hsu and eest are Knights.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The best way to get involved is by lurking.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the important thing is just to be yourself. If the events interest you, then get involved in them. The length of time you are a member depends on your enjoyment of this place (while playing be the rules of course), so just do your own thing. Wait, who am I talking to?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, what Del said. Don't force yourself to be fun if your naturally are a lame person. It's better to be disliked for being lame than to be disliked for being a big fat fake.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    Yeah, what Del said. Don't force yourself to be fun if your naturally are a lame person. It's better to be disliked for being lame than to be disliked for being a big fat fake.
    ;_; *leaves*

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It must be summer.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What do you know, it IS summer.

Anyway, I am by no mean discouraging newbies from making newbie threads. In fact, I encourage them to. From there, they will go on their own.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

You could also be active in a bad way also. Walk that line mother smurfer! Make a big enough deal out of pointless [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] in every thread and you will be well known...but not for great reasons. Worked for me. Too bad I have too much of a life now to really care enough any more so I stick to the forums I genuinly like. Although that hasn't stopped me from making an awesome post here and there.

Examples
    Likening aborted babies as a delious snake
    Walking that line and coming damn near close to saying racial slurs in a racist way and stopping just short of it and going in a new direction. Thats my favorite one.

And it isn't summer you smurftards! Summer offically starts June...2...1st? IF NOT THEN...WELl..its close damn it :shifty eyes:

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

lol effort
    I like Kung-Fu.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You could also be active in a bad way also. Walk that line mother smurfer! Make a big enough deal out of pointless in every thread and you will be well known...but not for great reasons. Worked for me. Too bad I have too much of a life now to really care enough any more so I stick to the forums I genuinly like. Although that hasn't stopped me from making an awesome post here and there.

Examples
    Likening aborted babies as a delious snake
    Walking that line and coming damn near close to saying racial slurs in a racist way and stopping just short of it and going in a new direction. Thats my favorite one.
    Yes, please do. I need to test out the ban button.