Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

Thread: So you're new to EoFF. Want to stay?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

make an examination that proves they've read all 6 pages.

*that's* the idea.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm
    I'M NOT SCARY!
    OMG SCARED

the problem with meeting people through user notes is you can't post them for the first 90 days you are registered. But after that, yes, user note it up!

They should go to #eoff - it's a good way to meet people and get involved in the community and end up sticking around and make some good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    Your only way to be a permanent fixture at these forums, or get noticed as quickly as possible, besides posting a thread stating you're new is to get involved with EoFF.

How you want to get involved is up to you newbies. One of the best way to become a "household" name in these forums is to register when the EoFF Elections are taking place. That is usually in February of every year, you will get noticed if you join a party and participate in the Elections.

Another way is to post lots, and by posting, I don't mean spamming. There are several threads where you can get away with spam, but when all you post is spam, you will likely get caught and be warned by the staff, and when that happens to you, your chances of staying is decreased.

Everything involves getting involved in EoFF, participate in the Eyes on YOU feature that TheAbomination is doing, enter some of the contests that may run in the future, join the chatroom at #eoff on irc.ffchat.net on mIRC. Answer the Usernotes you may get from the friendly members of EoFF, and befriend them. It all starts with becoming involved, the quicker you get involved, the more likely you will stick around and become a noted member of EoFF. Chances are, if you stick around long enough and make worthwhile posts, you may even get the opportunity to get asked by the staff to become a Cid's Knight. It happened before where newer members were knighted early since registering, and it can happen again. It all depends on how involved you become after you register to these forums.

You may choose to start a newbie thread, which will give you some attention for you to decide whether to get involved, or you may simply get straight into the action and start posting as if you were already a member. It's all up to how you want to get involved in EoFF, because that is your only way if you want to stay for a long time and become recognized by everyone else.

(And yes, there is a topic to this thread, and that is, do you believe what I have said? Is getting involved really the way to become a "permanent" member of EoFF?")
    well im new hi guys

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon611
    wow. that is the best advice in the world.
    Yes. This is also a good idea. *pets Lon*

whoo hoo

whats this #eoff i've been hearing about and how do u use it?
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Maybe a knight can merge all the ideas in the start, make it look fancy and enjoyable to read by making it organized, and then pin it so "noobs" can read it easier, and wont have to look through all the pages like rubah had mentioned.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Y'know, I think I may stick around for a while...XD

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Quote Originally Posted by Lon611
    whats this #eoff i've been hearing about and how do u use it?
    It's an IRC channel. You can use the java program here (click Chat at the top bar) or download mIRC and connect to irc.ffchat.net, port 6669, and /join #eoff.

edit: Wiki link: http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Chat/Chat