Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emotional attachment to outdoor animals.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Emotional attachment to outdoor animals.

Do you get easily emotionally attached to an animal, even if it's just an outdoor one? Like, make up names for it and stuff? I do. I dunno why, I just love to.

Two years ago, there was a spider outside my window. He was a big spider. I was listening to System of a Down - Spiders, and while I did so, he appeared to mosh on his web. I called him Moshy. He's my spider. He comes back every summer. <3

Unfortunatly, not many people believe in this story.

When I go fishing with my Dad, I can never stand to see my Dad eating the fish afterwards for dinner. And it's not just because I hate sea food. When he has the fish caught and put in a place with water to keep it, I like to look at it and I think up a name for it. I grow instantly emotionally attached. It breaks my heart to think about it being killed, because I saw it alive.

Also, if you see an animal outdoors that is hurt, do you take it in? I did when there was a hurt bird outside my house when I lived in Queens. We helped it out for a while, when he seemed better, we brought him to a cemetary where all the other little birdies go. It made me feel happy helping it out.

Pyramid Head is l.o.v.e Social Moon Firesky's Avatar

I got attached to a cow that was in a field next to our caravan in France once. I called it Tulip and fed her bread.
    ~Maelström Fury~

.: Sekhmet's Moon :. Here.

私は天使の女王です。

not emtionally and why do the forum responds stop after a while. 1 min its everbody talking and the next its all stoped and nothing happens

i just feed next door neighbour's cat and then it had to be put down poor barney ;_; they got another cat that looks exactly the same
    Making a slow come back since 2008

When I was little I had a pidgeon that came to our window and we fed it. I called it catch the pidgeon (because it was my favourite show at the time). It brought a friend with it and my aunt named it shoot the pidgeon (she didn't like the pidgeons). Then a third one came and we stopped feeding them.
    Word/s.

SOAD rulessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I went to the zoo a couple of months ago there was this duck that followed me and my friends everywhere. We named him Donald! I miss Donald... Maybe I'll see him next time I go to the zoo. xD Then again, he's probably hard to pick out from the other ducks, oh well, I'll always have that picture of him.

oh, sweet nuthin' themagicroundabout's Avatar

there was a hedgehog that lived in our back garden and i called it Magrat but after a while it left and i never saw him again

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by vegasoad
    SOAD rulessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They do.

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

I once found this bird in my garden, I looked after it and called it Skeetz, it was a fine specimen, it flew away and never retuned.

It is better to have loved and lost to have never loved at all.

I enjoy outdoor animals, but I've never given them names. :O_O:

We always take in hurt birds, but most birds get stolen by a hawk before we can get to them.

I have a spider living in my letterbox. She's lived there for 2 years. I haven't named her though, I just say 'hi' to her everytime I check the mail. She even had her babies in my letterbox too

Also we have a family of Magpies living around out street. They're always hanging out on the front lawn. More often in summer though.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    I have a spider living in my letterbox. She's lived there for 2 years. I haven't named her though, I just say 'hi' to her everytime I check the mail. She even had her babies in my letterbox too
    That would be endearing if I weren't repulsed. It's like letting Satan himself breed on your own land. I don't like spiders, though I make an exception for Moshy (Who earned my respect through surviving repeated squishing attempts.).

I tend not to grow attached. I don't like being attached to creatures which will, in the very best scenario, die within two decades. (Mainly as I don't know any which have lived for two decades, most of them last around half that. Too much hurt.)

In addition, I don't find myself feeling I like the companionship of animals much. My mother's cats are usually friendly and fun, but they're also annoying quite often.

I hate spiders.

I get attached to stupid things if they had meaning. If someone special gave you it. Like your dying grandmother gave you a pencil or something.

Oh man, if my grandma gave me a pencil..

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I come in contact with it, I'm attached.

Signature by rubah. I think.