Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Default Batman Begins

Just got back from seeing Batman Begins, I've got to say, I'm not a fan of the series, comics, or previous movies, but this was damn good. I originally went just hoping that Christian Bale would finally be in a good movie again and I was fulfilled and genuinely impressed.

In my opinion, Batman Begins was by far the best superhero movie made to date and rivals Sin City for the best comic book based movie ever made.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's good news. I've always been a fan of Batman, though not so much the movies, and was looking forward to this one.

Then again, you didn't like Episode III and wanted to see Lords of Dogtown, so maybe I won't listen to you.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I haven't seen it yet, but the reviews I've read and so on and so forth have driven me to go back and look at some of my Batman graphic novels. It's about time they made a film really showing off his dark, intelligent side--in the comics, Batman mainly survived by outsmarting his enemies. The movies have mostly been a guy in a rubber suit beating up people. I'd say the fact they're already clamoring for a sequel is a great sign.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Everything looks to be in top shape, but I disagree with the direction they took with the Batmobile. I think it looks to bulky.

I'll probably go see this sometime soon. I really want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    wanted to see Lords of Dogtown, so maybe I won't listen to you.
    I saw Lords of Dogtown and it was amazing.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think "damn good" is a very accurate describtion of this movie.

Seriously, I thought it was awesome and I'm not even a big fan of Batman. Christian Bale was perfect as Batman and I loved Michael Caine as Alfred. In fact, the casting for this movie was phenomenal. I mean c'mon, Liam Neeson, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman in one movie? That's good stuff. I thought Christopher Nolan did a superb job putting the pieces together for this movie. You're right Necro, Batman Begins is one of the best comic book adaptations, ever. The only misstep throughout the whole thing being Katie Holmes. Everyone shined in this movie except for her.

Did I mention how much I loved the setup for the sequel? I won't spoil it for anyone, but my audience burst into cheers when it happened. It was fantastic.

But Katie Holmes is hot ;(

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    Everything looks to be in top shape, but I disagree with the direction they took with the Batmobile. I think it looks to bulky.
    It's an early Batmobile. The later ones won't look like that.

I'm planning on seeing it this weekend.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    But Katie Holmes is hot ;(
    I like Katie Holmes, I really do. I'll even buy a Free Katie shirt. But you gotta admit, she's not a very good actress. =/

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The Batmobile design was really the only thing I've seen that I disapproved of. Sure, it's not nearly as big a deal as, say, who plays Batman, but I would have liked to see a design a bit more similar to the one in the original Batman film. The new one they've designed just looks...too weird.

im seeing it tommorow. it looks like it'll be damn good, but i dont think its gonna be as good as the first batman movie. which also happens to be the best comic book movie ever.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll probably not see it for awhile. My friend and I were tricked over the release date, so we wasted a trip to the movies. As shallow as it is, this may have jaded us against the movie.

On the other hand, reviews seem glowing.

George Clooney, in my opinion, was the only whack-ass Batman. Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer did a decent job. I'll reserve judgement on Christian Bale until I see Batman Begins.

Jamie Madrox-"I wanna be Batman!"

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I may go see it now after reading this...I wasn't interested before but now I am.

Then again you're the same group of people who told me "Big Fish" was entertaining. o_____O
    I like Kung-Fu.

I don't have anything against George Clooney, but he's not good for Batman. Besides I prefer Val Kilmer as Batman, and he also makes the Bruce Wayne a powerful character. But that's not the point... the Batman series were not so good because of the directors and also the people who made the story line...

For example, on the last movie (Batman and Robin) they put Bane on this one, and he has nothing to do with Poison Ivy... it was a total failure. All the Bat-fans spoken real bad about this (even me of course), for me was a total disappointment, and also the Batgirl origins... well no comments on that... :rolleyes2

Now I can only hope that the people of Warner Brothers and the DC Comics will now make a decent work about Batman Begins. I enjoyed some of Christian Bale's works like the American Psycho and The Machinist. He's a good actor, and I believe that they choose the right person to make the Batman.