Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the movies you watched recently out of five - NO SPOILERS.

Sin City : 4.5 Awesome noir setting, violence was tight and so was the plot and cast (heads up on Mickey Rourke this bloke is great in this one)

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: 4 what can i say its the end of the saga, though saga just doesnt sound big enough! It started with a bang and end with a bang, nice sfx and nice rounding up to the characters minus the sappy love talk crap, this ones a keeper though

Batman Begins: 4 nice way to restore the franchise, good plot, effects werent too over the top...its just nice to see gotham city again

Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire: 4.5 This one is probably the best out of the four movies, its darker, richer and funnier. Special effecs were great, acting wise; their getting better overal it was a heaps fun movie, though the maze task was a bit anticlimatic

Fantastic 4: 3 Not really a plot driver though the fx were great i feel it was a tad overused, character development was put in the back burner which left the movie focusing on thier powers! Johnny seemed like an asshole and casting wise, alba as hot as she is, didnt seem right to be sue storm! The way they delt with the thing was great though!

Crash: 5 Great cast, great acting and intricate plot really pulls this movie together that centres around peoples response to the issue of racism and prejiduce. Its in your face, its compelling and watching my cousin cry in one scene showed how powerful this movie was to others and then some! With the same writter that did million dollar baby this movie is more of a wake up call to the every day world that we live in!

Charlie and he Chocolate Factory: 4 This remake starring Johnny Depp as the new willy wonka is real treat! though the sets look pretty similar to the original movie it was still breath taking a second time around, now focusing on Willy Wonkas past this movie is really awesome for all, special effects were great and the Ommpa Loompa's are as creepy as ever (which dont know if that were to be good thing or bad)! any ways the scenery awesome and it ends on a high cheers to Tim Burton on this one again!

Edison: 2 Just Shat, left me wondering why morgan freeman chose this in the first place, Timberlake is just not cut out for acting, its just thought this movie was a waste of time really!

Next movies to watch:
    Corpse Bride
    Narnia
    King Kong

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

House of Wax

Either 1/5 or 2/5 - I will openly admit I only watched (most of) this because I think Elisha Cuthbert is hot. However, despite all her hotness, I had to skip through some parts because the whole thing just got boring. The idea behind it all had some potential and it made for some interesting moments, but I think it could have been done a whole lot better than it was.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Island: B+
    Popcorn flick, standard action fare. *Almost* touches on some really important social and moral issues, but doesn't tread too far in that direction, cause honestly, the audience they were catering toward wouldn't really care much for that sorta stuff. TWO Ewan McGregors (and for you males, two Scarlett Johansons). Holy crap, TWO OF 'EM! Lots of beautiful people running around. Also, there's this one scene with the word "dude" that was awesome. And for that reason, I loved this movie.

The Legend of Zorro: F-
    Fresh off the heels of a magnificient performance as Puss in Boots, Banderas decides to do... this. Sub-standard production, overblown music, crappy CGI, predictable and utterly boring storyline, and mediocre and soap opera-ish acting. Worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Bad bad bad bad bad.

Elizabethtown: B-
    Oh Orlando. It's an alright film, light and fun with amazing music. But given how highly I regard Cameron Crowe, how hopeful I am of Orlando Bloom, and how distasteful I am of Kirsten Dunst, the movie just didn't do it for me.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch: A
    Beautiful. Dreamy and surreal and wonderfully, beautiful. Hedwig can convey so much passion and hurt and anger and hope with his/her eyes that it literally captivated me. The ending was confusing as hell, and I didn't quite know what happened, but everything prior to that was wonderful. It was part tragic, part comedic, part absurd drag-queen stage show. I loved it.

Gentleman Prefer Blondes: B+
    It was good for me to finally see the musical from which a major part of Moulin Rouge was born. Marilyn Monroe is always amazing to watch on screen. She is luminescent. The thing is, the storyline isn't all that amazing, but that's not the point of musicals. It's about the colors and sounds and spectacular nature of musicals that really matters. And Gentleman Prefer Blondes hits the nail on all these things. Fun movie.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh yeah! The Island! I rate that somewhere between 4/5 and 4.5/5. Yes, that dude scene rocked, and I found the whole thing to be good entertainment. What I mostly enjoyed about this film was how it was original, though. At least, from the movies I've seen, it was. Maybe it's actually just a big rip off of something else that I don't know about. Either way, it was good stuff, and I never knew that Scarlett Johannson was actually capable of being hot like she was in that flick.

I watched Small Time Crooks and Invincible last thursday, I'd give them both 2

EDIT : this can be on any movies you have seen recently, not Cinema releases...right ?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    I watched Small Time Crooks and Invincible last thursday, I'd give them both 2

EDIT : this can be on any movies you have seen recently, not Cinema releases...right ?
    Yeah, that's fine.

Ok, on friday I saw the movie version of Fist Of The North star which was on BBC1. I'd give that a 3, not that bad, actually a 4, I enjoyed it somewhat .....

Reservoir Dogs: 4.1/5 - Great Tarantino flick. The last 5-10 minutes are gold.
    Shrek 2: 3.6/5 - Not as good as the first, though it was still very good.
    The Bourne Identity: 4.2/5 - Pleasantly surprised by this, solid all-around movie. The action was great, while not being over the top (except for one part towards the end).

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Chronicles of Narnia 4/5 Really good but they could have at least
    done some choreography with the final sword fight

Van Helsing 3.5/5 A little too much CG

Count of Monte Christo 10/5 Too good for its own good. I love this movie.

Star Wars Episode 5 (Empire Strikes Back) 5/5 The best Star Wars movie

That's all I have, and yes go see Narnia.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Dawn of the Dead- 5/5.
    Very good, very gory. It didn't waste time on pointless plot either, just jumped straight into the zombies. When the girl walks in at the begginning, it's a real shock. It looks like it's meant to be but is trying to trick you, so you think it's nothing, turns out it is. Double bluff?
    Brilliant, anyway. Not corny or boring in the slightest.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- 4/5
    The last one I remember seeing besides DotD. Good, funny, strange. The fact that the majority of actor's were awful was made up for by Depp's brilliant acting. It wasn't just a repeat of the old movie. Wonka was a different character, and good in his own, new ways. Tim Burton's real cool, and it stuck to his usual... thing.

here for 7 days here for a limited time's Avatar

stealth: 3/5

its boring in the beginng, all there talking abou is useless........

whats up with every1 rating starwars? it came out like 6 months ago

Big Fish - 9/10
    One if Burton's finest. Great acting all around, and great images. Wish it could've been a bit longer, but definetly worth the watch.

Syriana - 4/5

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The Interpreter - 3/5 - A very average film. Not exciting in any real way I can think of but still able to keep you interested enough to keep watching it. Nice to see Kidman in a slightly different role than what I'm used to seeing her in, though.

Four Brothers - 3/5 Decent, but unintentionally funny in places. Solid acting, just subpar writing.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - 2/5 Plays like a smart romance comedy with explosions. But, for a romantic comedy to work, you kinda need to like the characters. They don't show much backstory, so you have to rate the characters as the appear in the thick of it. John is likable enough, but Jane is just a bitch. And the ending was just abrupt. Some funny scenes and some cool explosions, but it's all done quite lazily.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain