Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the movies you watched recently out of five - NO SPOILERS.

Blog Entries

Sin City. Rate:
    Awesome movie with exceptional effect. Good story, but I'm afraid it gets a little tedious after an hour or so.
    Why do they need to analize everything? I really hated that too, it just seemed forced at times.

Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. Rate:
    One of best movies ever made. I loved the movie so much, the story, the battles, the Yoda-haze and the amazing capability this movie has. It sucks you right from the beginning, in my opinion one of the best movies in cinematic history. Seriously eye candy as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I figure I'll bump this up since it's more of an ongoing thing, and also start allowing for older movies as well as the latest. Basically just movies you've recently watched.

Young Guns - 5/5
    Best Western I've ever seen, and have seen it many times now. Not your classic Western, either - I find the rock'n'roll music is surprisingly fitting to Billy the Kid's story.

Young Guns II - 4/5
    Still good, but not as good.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

GODDAMN DOUBLE STANDARDS WITH YOUR ILLEGAL POST BUMPING!

P.S. Battle Royale 2. Sux.

Doom: 3.5/5 Wasn't just the run of the mill shooter I was expecting, it suprised me.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose: 4/5 Slow in places, but the exorcism scenes more than made up for it.

Batman Begins: 4.5/5. I have to say this was the best superhero type movie I've seen.

Four Brothers: 5/5. I loved this movie. But this is a movie some people will either love or hate. In my opinion, it has one of the best shootouts I've seen in a movie.

In Her Shoes: 4/5. Original and funny. Best chick flick of 2005.

Tim Burtons Corpse Bride: 4/5. Original and entertaining. But, you only need to see it twice. Otherwise it gets too much for you.

Can't think of a fifth one.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Aeon Flux: 3/5. It was okay even though it was a rushed story due to making a 1.5 hour movie out of an entire animated series' storyline and dumbing it down significantly in the process.

Napoleon Dynamite: 1/5. What is it that people like about this movie aside of the dance scene?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Signs (4 out of 5)
    A little slow and not as intense as I expected it to be, especially given Mr. Shyamalan's other films.

Kung Fu Hustle (3.5 out of 5)
    This movie had a lot of humorous scenes, many of which played out like a live action cartoon. Certainly worth seeing, but a little empty and slapstick at times.

Star Wars Episode 3 (4 out of 5)
    Certainly better than Episodes 1 and 2, but the script was not completely up to par with Episodes 4 and 6.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (4 out of 5)
    I haven't read the book yet but the movie was still enjoyable, albeit strange. I especially enjoyed the visuals near the end of the movie (the whole planet construction scenes).

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire - Very nicely done. The special effects were nifty indeed, and it just about got everything from the book in without being too long (Though it did push it a little xD). Mad-eye Moody may well be one of the coolest characters on film. I don't remember him being that spiffy in the book.
    4/5

Fantastic Four - This surprised me, because the trailers made it look absolutely dire. In truth, it wasn't anything special, but I could watch it now and then without any severe objections. Had they focused slightly more on the plot, they'd have done better (So long as Sue Storm wasn't invovled, as I didn't take a fancy to her at all.). They did an absolutely excellent job with The Thing though, and Detective Mackey fit into the role surprisingly well. Also, I have to note that for once the couldn't-care-less, headstrong, doesn't-listen-to-advice character of Johnny Storm was actually somewhat endearing, which is a rarity for me in such movies.
    3.2/5

Crash - Uhm, well, wow. I really don't quite know what to say about this movie. I can remember one unecessary piece of exposition, and that's pretty much the only thing wrong with this film. It shows everything in the human range of experience, from amazing miracles to utter tragedies. Couldn't really be better. See it if you like films, or Humans at all, or have any form of emotional processing capabilities.
    5/5

Walk The Line - An exceptional film about an exceptional man, and I don't just mean his talents. It was quite beautiful, and Cash fans certainly are likely to enjoy the insight into his life, whilst those who don't are just going to see a film about a simple, ordinary guy who makes some mistakes, and who you can do little but empathise with and root for.
    4.5/5

To see:
    Narnia
    Jarhead
    Brokeback Mountain

Edit: I must note that although I did not watch it recently, I give Kung-Fu Hustle a full 5/5 because it's the most fun I've ever had at a screen that isn't showing hentai.

Aeon Flux is the only thing I've watched recently. And I'd give it a 4/5. But that's because it was everything I wanted/needed it to be. Pure personal bias from a fan of the show I assure you. Though I'll admit it wasn't very much like the show, but I didn't expect it to be. Being live-acted and all. It brought in seriousness and drama with a nice Flux aire ^_^ But again, all personal. You probably have to see the series to appreciate a lot of it, as there were a LOT of nods toward the series. Some of them (like the beginning fly-in-the-eye [and I'm surprised they even attempted that]) are totally lame without knowing the reference.

American History X: One of the most controversial films of the last decade, and for good reason. Ed Norton is incredible as a Neo-Nazi on the reform, and this film deals with rascism like no film I've ever seen before. IMO much better than Crash.
    9/10

American Beauty: Haven't seen this one for awhile, but upon my second viewing I found that I liked it much more. Spacey is hilarious in this role, and the film goes from funny to sad to beautiful, as indicated in the title. Definetly a great film.
    9.2/10

Man On The Moon: Jim Carrey is great here as Andy Kaufman, and this movie pretty much gives a loose basis on his life. "Tony Clifton" in this movie is hilarious, but the film has a bit of a dramatic tone at the end. Great movie, one of Jim's best.
    8.7/10

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    Crash - Uhm, well, wow. I really don't quite know what to say about this movie. I can remember one unecessary piece of exposition, and that's pretty much the only thing wrong with this film. It shows everything in the human range of experience, from amazing miracles to utter tragedies. Couldn't really be better. See it if you like films, or Humans at all, or have any form of emotional processing capabilities.
    5/5
    Well said. I've also seen this recently and found it to be a 5/5 film.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

The Negotiator - 5/5

Samuel L. Jackson and Kevin Spacey in a tense action film. What more could you ask for?

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some Like it Hot - 5/5

Damn. It's still a totally awesome movie after like, 50 years or years. It's nice to see where the whole guys-dressing-up-as-girls thing came from. And nice to see it done well for once.
    --Box Box Box Box

The Brothers Grim- 3

It wasnt bad...It wasnt good but it wasnt really bad...

Oldies...oldies...I mean old movies...

The Godfather- 5/5

Scarface- 5/5

Now we move into the 90's

Desperado- 4/5

Pulp Fiction- 4/5
    If you've read my wtf momemts thread, you probaly know why I can't give this a five. However, Quentin Tarantino did a great job.

Kill Bill Vol.1- 5/5

Garden State- 4.5/5

Closer- 4.5/5

Star Wars III- 4/5

Sin City- 4/5