Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the movies you watched recently out of five - NO SPOILERS.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    Syriana - 4/5
    Dude, elaborate.

Oo.. Forgot Jackie Brown. Watched that last night.

3.5/5 I liked this movie. It's no Pulp Fiction, but it's still a really smart. Pam Grier is awesome and can handle going head to head with Samuel L. Jackson. Everyone else is great too. De Niro is funny as hell, with his mannerisms and semi-mumbling. Unfortunately, one thing Pulp Fiction did right is that most of the minor characters were just as great as the main characters themselves. Jackie Brown doesn't have as many side characters as Pulp Fiction, but has problems with making them interesting. Nonetheless, there aren't many, so it's not that important. The movie still works and it works well.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Articles

King Kong - 6/5

You know how it goes, but you must see this movie. It... is... AMAZING.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

YOU WATCHED IT ALREADY?!

*jealousy overload*

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Syriana - 4/5 - Conservatives web blogs will be bitching about this one for awhile.

The Chronicles of Narnia - 5/5 - Words can't describe how much I enjoyed this movie.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    YOU WATCHED IT ALREADY?!

*jealousy overload*
    I won tickets on the radio.

YEEEEAH, BUDDY.

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

American Beauty: 8/10

Silence of the Lambs: 8/10

Se7en: 5/10

Satarship Troopers: 7/10

Halloween: 2.5/10

Equalibrium: 7/10

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Serenity - 5/5 - People said it was good and I agree. Good story, good characters, good flow. Summer Glau is purdy, too. The only real disappointment in this movie is that it didn't break even (although it may do thanks to big DVD sales) despite critics and regular movie goers alike all saying it was a great movie... which means it's unlikely there will be the sequel that I would love to see.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

the most recent eh....

Volcano High 2/5: Live action version of the comic, yes it is one of those movies where you had to read the comic to understand it... which I didnt, you could also tell this was an extremely low budget film, but the corny parts are actually quite funny... also, the stunt extras and how they were made are amuseing for awhile... meh.

edit: the lighting in that movie is absolute torture.

So Close 5/5: Another Eastern eye filmy It is about ... actually, now I think of it, I dont even know why that.... anyway, this movie bassically involves conflictions between 3 woman (2 sisters and a detective), the story becomes quite dark and serious near the end... I enjoyed the sudden change of pace.

Kung Fu Hustle 4/5: Interesting way to combine a mindless fighting romp, with "guys goal is attempted to be achieved, but past gets in way", things that come into the story near the end so suddenly is its only problem, like me and my poor book writing constructs.

Cowboy Bebop 5/5: Edwards trippyness, and its an anime, what more do i feel like saying? (i donno, im tired).

a scrap the rest, i cant think of anything meaningfull to type....

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Serenity - 5/5 - People said it was good and I agree. Good story, good characters, good flow. Summer Glau is purdy, too. The only real disappointment in this movie is that it didn't break even (although it may do thanks to big DVD sales) despite critics and regular movie goers alike all saying it was a great movie... which means it's unlikely there will be the sequel that I would love to see.
    That pretty much sums up my feelings on this too. I saw it twice in theatres and am prordering the DVD tonight.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

The Transporter: 4/5
    Loved the fight scenes, specially the one involving the oil, but I disliked the ending and I cant place Jason Stahams accent!

TLTW&TW: 4/5
    Loved every last bit of this movie and it moved me to tears.

HP & TGoF: 5/5
    Next to PoA, its my second fav HP film, the effects are amazing.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Statham is a cockney boy.

Edit: Unless he puts on a different accent in that film, I dunno i've never seen it.

I know where hes from in real life. I meant in the film.

I think he's supposed to be an American... via London and Sydney.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - 3.5/5 - It was pretty good, but it lacked any real kind of emotion, which is how I remember the book and the old BBC TV series. Polished, but kind of empty.

Transporter 2 - 3/5 - Not a good film, but rather enjoyable. Statham makes an excellent deadpan action hero.

The Descent - 5/5 - I just watched this again on DVD. It's such a good genre film. So dark! The friendship aspect makes it much more than a horror and the ending is great (I hope they keep it the same for American audiences).

The Constant Gardener - 4/5 - Admittedly, one of those marks is purely for Rachel Weisz, but this is a very good film. Could have done with a bit more editing, though.

Haven't watched too many movies, but I'll put the ones I have up, since this thread's been revived.

<b>From Dusk Till Dawn 4/5</b>
    This movie flows along at a good pace, presenting a wonderfully crafted plot in the first half, leaving the action for the second half. It reminded me of Army Of Darkness and a lot of ways, and I enjoyed the humor. ("Titty Twister" bar, the warped faces on the characters that get transformed, etc.)

<b>Ghost Rock 2/5</b>
    This movie sucked. It's a cheaply made Western/Martial Arts movie. The mayor is corrupt, and he's evil, and this guy shows up from out of town. I don't even want to post about it anymore.